NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 01-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Senior Editor

Default FAKE NEWS NETWORK CNN - SETTLES LIBEL SUIT WITH STUDENT THAT STOOD UP TO CHANTING INDIAN ACTIVIST

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/native...iminal-record/

Native American activist Nathan Phillips has a criminal record
By Yaron Steinbuch

Native American activist Nathan Phillips, whose confrontation with a Kentucky high school student went viral last week, has a criminal record, including assault and escape from prison, according to a report.

The 64-year-old Omaha Nation elder was captured on video facing off against a group of students from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky, at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC.

When he was a teen and in his early 20s, Phillips was charged with escaping, assault and various firewater-related crimes, according to the Washington Examiner, which cited news reports from his hometown of Lincoln, Nebraska.

He was charged as a 19-year-old “with escaping from the Nebraska Penal Complex where he was confined May 3,” according to a 1974 article in the Lincoln Star.

Later that year, Phillips pleaded guilty to assault and was fined $200. He also was charged with underage possession of alcohol in 1972, 1973 and 1975, as well as negligent driving, the Examiner reported.

In August 1973, a charge of destruction of property against him was dropped, but he was sentenced to a year of probation for a related charge of alcohol possession by a minor.

In December 1978, Phillips was charged with driving without a license.

Phillips also apparently misrepresented his service in the US Marines, according to the report.

In April, Vogue quoted him as saying: “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role.”

Phillips actually spent most of his time in the Marines as a refrigerator technician after initially being an anti-tank missileman for four months, had not been deployed outside the US and never saw combat, according to the corps.

According to military records provided to the Examiner, Phillips served in the Marine Corps Reserve between 1972 and 1976 and held the rank of private on April 18, 1975.

And according to records obtained by former Navy SEAL Don Shipley, Phillips was listed as absent without leave three times, the news outlet reported.

Phillips, who has described himself as a “Vietnam times veteran,” told the Washington Post in 2000 that he had been “a Marine Corps infantryman,” without mentioning that he had been a refrigerator tech for most of his service.

He did not respond to questions from the Examiner about his military record discrepancies or his rap sheet.

Phillips stood toe to toe with Nick Sandmann, who was wearing a red “Make American Great Again” cap, moments after the 16-year-old and his classmates ran into several members of the Black Hebrew Israelites.

Phillips, who had just attended an Indigenous Peoples March, has said he approached the students to try to defuse the tension between them and members of the radical group.

Sandmann — whose family quickly hired the Louisville-based public relations firm RunSwitch PR — on Wednesday denied that he was “disrespectful” toward the elder after he was criticized online for appearing to smirk at Phillips.

He also told NBC’s “Today” show that he’d like a sitdown with Phillips, who has offered to visit the Kentucky school to lead a dialogue about cultural understanding.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Senior Editor

Default Re: Native American activist Nathan Phillips has a criminal record

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/01/...inst-students/

Native American Con Man Doubles Down Against Students
By Tom Woods
Tom Woods Show
January 23, 2019

CNN just published a softball interview with Nathan Phillips, the Native American man at the center of the recent episode at the Lincoln Memorial with some high school students from Kentucky.

Phillips is a con man.

Prove me wrong.

In yesterday’s email I described for you what happened in the now-famous confrontation. I viewed hours of footage to see whose story matched the evidence.

Let’s just say Phillips came in second.

In the original story, Catholic high school students approached and surrounded a peaceful Native American man, and shouted “Build that wall!” The man was merely trying to keep peace between the students and another group, we were told.

When the full footage was released, apologies flooded in — not nearly as many as there should have been (the cowardly and evil Bill Kristol merely deleted his defamatory Tweets instead of apologizing to the kids he’d smeared), but more than I expected.

Now on to CNN. I’ll put Phillips’ words in bold.

“We were finishing up with Indigenous Peoples March and rally and there were some folks there that were expressing their (First Amendment) rights there, freedom of speech.”

So that’s how he describes the openly racist Black Hebrew Israelites. “Some folks there that were expressing their…freedom of speech.” (Note later that he will not extend the same courtesy to the students.)

“The folks that were having their moment there” (he is referring here to the black racists), “they were saying things that I don’t know if I agreed with them or not, but some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldn’t see it. They had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile.”

So the Black Hebrews were saying things that were “educational,” and “truth,” and “history.”

These “folks” were in fact telling the Native Americans: “You[‘re] not supposed to worship eagles, buffaloes, rams, all types of animals! This is the reason the Lord took away your land!”

They also taunted the natives as “Uncle Tomahawks.”

Phillips says, “I don’t know if I agreed with them or not.” The man is bold!

The black racists shouted at the students things like, “You little dirty-ass crackers, your day coming!” “Dusty-ass animals!” “Bunch of child-molesting faggots!” (The kids were also compared to “dogs” and “hyenas.”)

So how would you classify that, Nathan Phillips? “Educational,” “truth,” or “history”?

Now don’t you worry, because remember: the bold Nathan Phillips says, “I don’t know if I agreed with them or not.” Don’t you feel better now?

Meanwhile, according to Phillips it’s the students — the students! — who thought “their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile.”

Watch the video. The black racists are disrupting the Native American demonstration, calling people “Uncle Tomahawk,” and telling them they lost their land because of their false worship. Doesn’t that sound a teensy-weensy bit like people who thought their “point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile”?

The students, meanwhile, were so flabbergasted that they scarcely knew how to respond. To listen to Nathan Phillips you’d think they were shouting out theological propositions. They mostly kept to themselves in a combination of amusement and horror. At no time did they seriously advance any “point of view” — except to boo when the black racists criticized them for recognizing that homosexuals had rights.

Remember, Phillips doesn’t know if he agrees with the black racists or not. The man is bold.

“Here’s a moment where something that’s really ugly in our society, in America…[had] just come to a boiling point.”

What constitutes ugliness for Nathan Phillips is not calling kids “dusty-ass animals” and “pedophiles.” Why, that’s just some folks exercising their First Amendment rights, you racist!

You’d never know anything about the black racists if you relied on Nathan Phillips, who never says a word about them — except to portray them as victims. (Victims of precisely nothing, since nothing happened to them.)

There was no “boiling point.” There was a morally confused Native American man who thought a bunch of kids, rather than adults who should have known better than shout obscenities at kids, were the ones who needed his peace song.

“It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didn’t like the color of their skin…. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them. They were in this mob mentality.”

There is not a stitch of evidence to support any aspect of this horrific claim. As the video footage shows, the students at no time showed the slightest indication of contemplating violence against the black racists. This is pure crazytown.

“The song I was singing, the reason for it, was to bring unity and to bring love and compassion back into our minds and our beings as men and as protector of what is right.”

Now this takes the cake. He sings this song not to the lunatics who have been spewing racist filth nonstop for a solid hour — including at his own people! — but to students who had done precisely nothing apart from existing and not being cowed, and whom he knew full well would not lay a hand on him.

Did I not tell you the man was bold?

“I felt like I denied them their prey. I felt like I denied them their prey and so they were going to take it out on me.”

Again, not a stitch of evidence for this. Had this been true, the kids would have assaulted their “prey” the moment Phillips left. Unlike the black racists, who did make threats of violence, the kids never had any such intention, as is clear to anyone watching the footage.

“It was just, ‘Build the wall’ and some of the things that I heard but can’t really say I exactly heard that because it was way over there, and they could say, ‘Oh, nobody said that. It wasn’t us who said that.’ So it’s one of those he-said, she-said, things.”

For the first time, Phillips seems to realize that the Internet exists, and that he can’t just say absolutely anything: footage of the entire event is only a click away, after all. So he now steps away from his story that the students were chanting “Build the wall,” which was one of the claims first used to demonize them. He “can’t really say” he “exactly heard that.” Well, I watched two hours of footage, and I can say I certainly didn’t hear it.

“Why did they need 200 people there other than it’s hate and racism?”

Why were there 100-200 students? Because they were on a school field trip and waiting for their bus.

Can you imagine being at the absolute center of this episode and still not knowing the kids were on a field trip?

No, Nathan Phillips, they hadn’t gathered for the purpose of intimidating the black racists whom you’re “not sure” you agree with. They were standing there minding their own business when the folks you’re “not sure” you agree with started calling them pedophiles and telling a black student in their group that they were probably going to kill him and harvest his organs. Are you “not sure” you agree with that part, too?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:50 PM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: Native American activist Nathan Phillips has a criminal record

https://www.fox19.com/2020/01/07/cnn...nick-sandmann/

CNN settles lawsuit with Nick Sandmann

Updated January 7 at 4:42 PM

COVINGTON, Ky. (FOX19) - CNN agreed Tuesday to settle a lawsuit with Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann.

The amount of the settlement was not made public during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Covington, Kentucky.

Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN, the Washington Post and NBC Universal.

Trial dates are still not set for Sandmann’s lawsuit against NBC Universal and the Washington Post.

The Washington Post suit sought $250 million. A federal judge let a portion of the suit go forward after The Post filed a motion to dismiss it.

PREVIOUS | Judge to allow portion of Nick Sandmann lawsuit against Washington Post to continue | Lawsuit filed on behalf of Nicholas Sandmann seeks $250M in damages from WaPo | Sandmann legal team now targeting NBCUniversal in ‘journey for justice’

Sandmann’s attorney, Lin Wood, said, “This case will be tried not one minute earlier or later than when it is ready.”

The lawsuits were filed following an incident in Jan. 2019 in Washington, D.C. involving Covington Catholic High School students. Videos of that incident garnered national attention.

The initial video showed the self-identified Sandmann, now a senior at CovCath, and Nathan Phillips, an indigenous man who was participating in the Indigenous Peoples March. Sandmann and his classmates were in D.C. for the March For Life.

Other videos later surfaced showing different angles of the incident.

MORE | Diocese of Covington: CovCath students did not instigate incident at Lincoln Memorial | Protest at Diocese of Covington shows both sides coming together | Sandmann in court for $250M defamation suit against WaPo

Wood said the damages were sought due to “emotional distress Nicholas and his family suffered." He also said the family had to move from their home temporarily and that Nicholas was not permitted to attend school directly after the trip to Washington.

A lawsuit is expected to be filed against Phillips, Wood said. He indicated that lawsuit would seek $5 million, but the judge said that Phillips does not have as much money as the other defendants.

They also plan to sue Gannett, owners of The Enquirer, according to Wood.

He said he will bring that to the judge in the next 60 days.

Wood also said there’s a maximum of 15 defendants.

Attorneys say the money they’re seeking is not designed to compensate Nick, but to “deter the defendants” from doing the same thing (that they’re accused of) in the future.