NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Negro arrested in Miami-Dade for armed carjacking, kidnapping white family returning from Disney

https://www.local10.com/news/florida...ng-from-disney

Florida man arrested in Miami-Dade for armed carjacking, kidnapping family returning from Disney
Jaquay Jean facing felony charges for armed carjacking in Martin County

Updated: 10:38 PM, September 30, 2019

NORTH MIAMI, Fla. - The man responsible for a dangerous armed carjacking that turned into a kidnapping was arrested in Miami-Dade County on Monday.

According to Martin County Sheriff William Snyder, 21-year-old Jaquay Jean was taken into custody in North Miami following an extensive search.

Jean was wanted for an armed carjacking that took place in Martin County at approximately 2:50 p.m. Sunday.

Authorities said a car filled with four family members, including an infant, was returning to Miami after visiting Disney World in Orlando.

The family stopped at a Mobile gas station just off the Florida Turnpike at exit 133 in Martin County.

Police said that while stopped at the gas station, the car was approached by a suspect who pointed a gun at the driver, the mother of the newborn. She did not want to get out of the car as the infant was inside.

A struggle ensued between the driver and the suspect, who eventually was able to drag the woman out of her vehicle, according to police.

One of the occupants, the brother of the driver, got out of the car during the struggle.

The suspect then got in the car, which was still occupied by the infant and its grandmother, Joanne Sagona.

“I was like, ‘How do I survive?’” Sagona said. “I said, ‘OK, please pull over. Stop. I will take the baby, get out and you can keep going.’”

Jean drove the car a short distance away to another gas station where the grandmother and child were allowed to get out, police said.