NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 09-16-2019, 02:50 PM
Junior News Editor

Default UK chimp fractured mudshark’s face by smashing her head through car windshield

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/15/abusi...reen-10745485/

Abusive thug fractured girlfriend’s face by smashing her head through car windscreen

Sunday 15 Sep 2019 10:27 am

A victim of domestic abuse has bravely decided to share pictures of the horrific injuries she was left with at the hands of her violent ex-boyfriend. Leon Thompson, 39, viciously attacked girlfriend of two years Danielle Perry, 27, outside his home, smashing her head through his car windscreen. As she lay on the ground bleeding from multiple facial fractures, Thompson continued to pummel her in the head by kicking and stamping on her. Hours before the violent attack in Chelmsley Wood, Solihull, in the early hours of 17 February, Thompson had told friends: ‘I’d never hit a woman.’ After his arrest he told police her injuries were ‘self-harm’. The couple had gone to a friend’s house earlier in the evening when the conversation turned to domestic violence. Danielle reminded Thompson how he had previously slapped her in the face − almost breaking her nose − to the shock of others in the group. During the drive home, Thompson flew into a rage over the disclosure in front of their friends.

Once outside his home, he punched his girlfriend in the face before grabbing her head and shoving it through the back window of his Peugeot 207. Danielle later told hospital staff how she had been injured, who alerted police. Thompson was arrested by West Midlands Police at Heartlands Hospital on the same morning. In interview, unemployed Thompson claimed Danielle had broken the window with her bag and could offer no explanation for her injuries, even claiming she might have self-harmed. Police charged him with wounding and on Friday he was jailed for eight years having been found guilty by a jury at Birmingham Crown Court. Danielle bravely chose to release disturbing images of her injuries in the hope it will encourage other survivors of domestic abuse to seek help. She said: ‘He’d hit me about eight or nine times before. ‘I’d been given a fat lip and bruises but each time the following day he’d always plead for forgiveness, cook me a meal and say how it’d never happen again. But it always did. ‘Looking back I wish I’d left after the first time but my head was all over the place with mixed emotions. I wanted to believe in his promises and that he’d change.