NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 05:39 AM
Junior News Editor

Default WF (or mudshark?), 26 hospitalized in shooting that killed 2 WM's, 35 in Salem, OR; 2 negro arrests

https://katu.com/news/local/woman-ho...er-father-says

Woman hospitalized in shooting that killed 2 in Salem
Tuesday, May 7th 2019

SALEM, Ore. – A woman is in the hospital after a shooting that killed two other people in Salem Monday night, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said.

Deputies were called out about 10:15 p.m. on reports of gunfire in the 3600 block of Joshua Avenue Northeast.

The sheriff’s office identified the men who died as 35-year-old Bradley Kelley and 35-year-old Michael Buntjer. Kelley was found dead at the scene and Buntjer later died at the hospital. Both men were from Salem.

A medical examiner ruled the deaths as homicides. They both died of gunshot wounds.

A woman, 26-year-old Coral Olfert of Salem, was injured. She’s expected to survive. She was still in the hospital Tuesday.

Police have made two arrests in the case. Keonte Caldwell, 23, and Curtis Welch, 26, were found in the Roseburg area Tuesday and taken into custody, the sheriff’s office said.

It said the two men live in the Salem area and knew the victims.

Angelina Garza says she was in the parking lot of her school, the Institute of Technology, when the shooting occurred.

“I saw the gunshots fired and, like, froze. I came this way and the security guard grabbed me and we hid behind the car. And we just went inside as soon as it stopped,” she said.

Ron Taylor says one of the men who died is his son-in-law, Michael Buntjer. Taylor says Buntjer was married to his daughter and they have a teenage son together. He says the pair got divorced in 2008, but that he remained close to Buntjer.

"He was married to my daughter and when they got divorced, Michael and I didn’t get divorced," Taylor said. "He was a son, my only son. I miss him!”

Taylor says Buntjer was a fabricator and an avid fisherman, a hobby they enjoyed together.

"We didn’t catch anything but we had a good trip!” he recalled.

Taylor says Buntjer was always there to lend a hand, and he thinks Buntjer got caught in the middle of a fight or domestic violence incident and was shot and killed.

"I don’t know all the circumstances, but I know enough to know that he was trying to do good," Taylor said. "That was Michael, yeah.”

Taylor says he believes the other man who was shot and killed was a friend of Buntjer's, but didn't know much more than his first name.

The sheriff’s office said Caldwell and Welch will face charges of aggravated murder and attempted aggravated murder.

http://gunmemorial.org/2019/05/06/michael-buntjer

Michael Buntjer, age 35

http://gunmemorial.org/2019/05/06/bradley-kelley

Bradley Kelley, age 35

Oregon Statewide

Offender Name:
CALDWELL, KEONTE NGAI-DEMILLE
Custody Status:
In Custody
African American
Contact Facility:
Douglas County Jail

Offender Name:
WELCH, CURTIS DESHAWN
Custody Status:
In Custody
African American
Contact Facility:
Douglas County Jail
Old 05-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: WF (or mudshark?), 26 hospitalized in shooting that killed 2 WM's, 35 in Salem, OR; 2 negro arre

https://www.kezi.com/content/video/509637312.html

Suspects in shooting arrested in Roseburg Tuesday
Posted: May. 8, 2019 6:56 AM

Keonte Caldwell and Curtis Welch were arrested Tuesday in the Roseburg area.