Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Junior News Editor

Default WF drug addict stabbed to death during first meeting with the negro

https://fox2now.com/2019/03/11/jenni...atal-stabbing/

Jennings man charged with fatal stabbing on I-70
Posted 5:10 pm, March 11, 2019

CLAYTON, Mo. – The St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office charged a Jennings man Monday for the stabbing death of a woman that resulted in the closure of westbound Interstate 70 near Lucas and Hunt.

According to Officer Benjamin Granda, a spokesman for the St. Louis County Police Department, the victim was banging on the door of a home in the 5200 block of College Avenue at around 3:40 a.m.

When police arrived, they found her suffering from several stab wounds. She was rushed to a hospital where she later died.

Investigators found the suspect, identified as 23-year-old Derrick Sanders Jr., at another hospital with knife wounds to his hands.

Granda said Sanders’ vehicle was covered in blood and he admitted to stabbing someone in the car.

Sanders allegedly confessed to meeting the victim the night before and attacking her with a knife during a verbal altercation.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:17 PM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: WF drug addict stabbed to death during first meeting with the negro

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/cr...9-0be6302782c1

After helping her fight addiction for years, mom finds out her daughter was victim of I-70 stabbing
Kim Laster said she spent years trying to save Brianna from the grips of heroin addiction. She said Brianna had been fighting addiction for about three years.

Updated: 10:24 PM CDT March 2, 2019

ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis mother fell to the floor after getting heartbreaking news Tuesday morning.

She learned her youngest daughter, 23-year-old Brianna Laster, died after she was stabbed repeatedly on I-70 Monday.

Derrick Sanders Jr., also 23 years old, admitted to police that he stabbed Laster after an argument in a car. Kim Laster said she thought the two met for the first time Monday at a store.

“They drove off, I guess they were getting high," she said. "They got in an altercation he stabbed her she climbed out the back seat ran across the highway and got on somebody's porch.”

Police say Laster got out of the car on I-70 in the Jennings area, climbed a fence and ran to the nearest house for help. The woman who answered the door tried to comfort Laster in her final moments, but Laster was pronounced dead shortly after at a nearby hospital.

Police found Sanders at a different hospital with a knife wound to his hand. The inside of his car was covered in blood, police said. Sanders told investigators he met up with Laster Sunday night and stabbed her after a fight.