NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Senior Editor

Default Loco Hispanic Maniac slashed woman at Midtown subway station, called her ‘white bitch’: cops

https://nypost.com/2019/03/04/subway...-station-cops/

Maniac slashed woman at Midtown subway station, called her ‘white bitch’: cops
By Tina Moore
March 4, 2019 | 2:29pm | Updated March 4, 2019 | 3:23pm

A crazed subway rider yelled “you white bitch” as he slashed a random Manhattan woman’s cheek with a razor blade in a Midtown station — and was then held down by fellow straphangers until police arrived, authorities said Monday.

The 24-year-old woman was on a southbound E train at the East 53rd Street and Fifth Avenue station around 6 p.m Saturday when Harlens Hernandez, 25, approached, yelled at her and cut her left cheek, cops said.

Hernandez, who had a box cutter, was heard to say “I’m going to take your eye out” and “you white bitch” to the victim, witnesses told police, according to a criminal complaint.

Other passengers held Hernandez down until police came and arrested him. The woman — who did not know her attacker — was taken to Presbyterian Hospital.

He was charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and menacing, cops said. He is being held on $25,000 bail.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Senior Editor

Default Re: Maniac slashed woman at Midtown subway station, called her ‘white bitch’: cops

https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/accuse...greens-worker/

Accused subway slasher threatened to cut out eyes of Walgreens worker
By Tina Moore and Natalie Musumeci
March 5, 2019 | 3:58pm

A razor blade is apparently his weapon of choice.

A man accused of yelling “you white bitch!” as he slashed a random woman’s cheek with a razor blade on a Midtown subway over the weekend was released from jail a month earlier on a mere $1,000 bail — for allegedly threatening to kill and cut the eyes out of a Walgreens employee with a razor blade.

Harlens Hernandez, 24, who remains locked up on $25,000 bail after the Saturday subway slashing, had been arrested Jan. 27 in connection to the incident that took place at a Walgreens in Queens.

According to a criminal complaint, Hernandez walked into the pharmacy chain store in Queens Village wielding a razor blade as he threatened an employee standing behind the counter at around 2:30 p.m.

“Here I come. I’m going to f—k you up. I’m going to kill you. I’m going to cut your eyes out,” Hernandez barked as he leaped over the counter toward the worker, the complaint states.

The panicked store worker then hopped back over the counter and ran away from Hernandez, who gave chase, according to the court documents.

When cops arrived, Hernandez was holding the razor blade as the Walgreens employee shouted, “Help!” and continued to run away, the complaint says.

“I’m going to cut you, and I’m going to kill you!” Hernandez allegedly shouted again at the worker.

Police arrested Hernandez on a slew of charges, including menacing, criminal possession of a weapon, and harassment.

Authorities recovered three razor blades from Hernandez’s right jacket pocket and an additional blade from his groin area, court documents state.

At Hernandez’s Queens Criminal Court arraignment, a judge set bail at $1,000, which he posted days later and was released Feb. 2, records show.

A police source blasted the low bail that Hernandez, who has several prior arrests on his record, was given. His priors include assault, resisting arrest and criminal trespass.

“That just goes to show you that they’re not picking the right people for who they should give high bail to and not give high bail to,” the source said.

“We’re letting out the most violent people who are committing crimes,” said the source, adding, “Innocent people are starting to see the effects of this bail reform program.”

A month after being released, this past weekend, Hernandez slashed a 24-year-old Manhattan woman’s cheek while on a southbound E train at the East 53rd Street and Fifth Avenue station.

Hernandez, who had a box cutter, was heard saying, “I’m going to take your eye out” and “you white bitch” to the victim during the Saturday 5:50 p.m. attack, witnesses told police, according to a criminal complaint.

The NYPD’s Detective Borough Manhattan South Chief William Aubrey said Tuesday that the attack is being investigated by the department’s Hate Crimes Task Force.

The victim “was approached by a male who attempted to touch her,” Aubrey said.

“She tried to avoid him, and then he was acting very irrational, mumbling, and then he displayed a razor and cut her — gave her a superficial wound to the left side of her face,” said Aubrey.

Hernandez tried to make a run for it, but good Samaritan passengers held him until cops arrived, police said.

The suspect was arrested and charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and menacing.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.