NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 03-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Senior Editor

Default Faggots boycott New York St. Patrick's Day Parade over faggot pride exclusion

https://nypost.com/2019/03/01/staten...ks-day-parade/

Staten Island borough president boycotts St. Patrick’s Day parade
By Carl Campanile
March 1, 2019 | 5:37pm

Staten Island Borough President James Oddo is boycotting the borough’s St. Patrick’s Day parade on Sunday for refusing to allow a gay rights group to march under its own banner.

“I won’t be marching in Sunday’s St. Patrick’s Day parade. I wanted to, and thought I could reconcile my call for inclusion with still marching, but internally I cannot,” Oddo, a Republican, wrote on Twitter.

“No disrespect is intended towards an towards anyone, including colleagues who will march.”

Rep. (((Max Rose))), a Democrat, said he’s also skipping the march.

“I struggled with how to support our LGBTQ community while still honoring our Island’s rich heritage, but for me I cannot march while the @pridecenterSI is still excluded,” Rose tweeted.

“Let’s all work towards making 2020 the parade Staten Island deserves.”

Council Speaker Corey Johnson, who is openly gay, responded in a tweet to Oddo, “Thank you, Jimmy!”

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Senior Editor

Default Re: De Blasio mum on participation in St. Patrick’s Day Parade

https://nypost.com/2019/03/02/si-pol...ide-exclusion/

SI pols to boycott St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay pride exclusion
By Carl Campanile and Mary Kay Linge
March 2, 2019 | 8:40pm

It’s “Erin go boycott” on Staten Island as some of the borough’s top pols plan to sit out the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade Sunday to protest organizers’ refusal to let a gay-rights group march.

“It’s a question of ‘Enough already,’” State Sen. Diane Savino (D-SI-Bklyn) told The Post. “We’re trying to send them a message.”

The parade, which runs along Forest Avenue through the heart of heavily Irish West Brighton, has been an essential bipartisan event for decades, and a traditional coming-out party for citywide candidates.

But on Friday, both Republican Borough President James Oddo and freshman Rep. Max Rose, a Democrat, announced their intention to boycott.

Oddo “thought I could reconcile my call for inclusion with still marching, but internally I cannot,” he tweeted.

“It’s unfortunate,” Savino said. “We tried to negotiate with the Ancient Order of Hibernians. They just refused to do anything” for the Staten Island Pride Center, which had requested permission to march under its own banner, she said.

“Staten Islanders are open and welcoming people,” Savino said. “It pains us to do this.”

But Republican state assembly members Nicole Malliotakis and Michael Reilly said they’ll participate in the annual tradition.

“I will be marching to celebrate my Irish heritage and culture,” Reilly told The Post.

District Attorney Michael McMahon, a Democrat and a parade regular since he held a City Council seat in 2002, made a public plea Feb. 19 for Staten Island Pride’s inclusion — but announced no boycott plans.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.