NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 03-09-2019, 05:44 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Former sambo social worker arrested for sexual misconduct with students (WF vic) had history of rape

https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/loc...ape/1836976707

Video = victim is white

Former social worker arrested for sexual misconduct with students had arrest history for rape

Updated: Mar 08, 2019 / 07:52 PM PST

LAS VEGAS - Former social worker arrested for sexual misconduct with students had arrest history for rape, other charges

An arrest report for Lawrence Anthony Winston revealed the 31-year-old had been arrested for other crimes in the past, including rape, two separate battery charges, and several traffic offenses before CCSD ever hired him as a Safe School Professional. The school district said Winston was a social worker who was in the process of becoming a licensed school social worker.

Clark County School Police arrested Winston after investigating claims he had inappropriate contact with two students at Chaparral High School. Winston was booked into the Clark County Detention Center.

He faces the following charges:

One felony count of kidnapping
Two felony counts of child abuse
Sexual misconduct and two counts of open and gross lewdness

One of the alleged victim's account is detailed in Winston's arrest report.
Earlier this week Winston's alleged victim also shared her story with 8 News NOW.

"Experiencing that was a big shock and very traumatizing for me," she said.

On Friday, the alleged victim's mother found out about Winston's previous arrest history, saying even if he wasn't convicted of past crimes, he should not have been allowed to work at her daughter's school.

"That's definitely someone I don't want in my daughter's school," said Bonnie Devito, the victim's mother said.
"Just the fact that he was accused of these things would put up a red flag for me."