NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 09-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Lansing, IL WF kidnapped, raped, set on fire by negro sentenced to life

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...|+MLive.com%29

Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted, set on fire before captor is arrested in Holland

updated September 22, 2015 at 11:47 AM

CHICAGO - An Illinois woman was threatened with a hammer and forced into the trunk of her vehicle as her captor drove across state lines, where he twice sexually assaulted her and then set her on fire all before he drove away and was arrested two days later in West Michigan, police allege.

Carleous Clay, 33, remained in the Ottawa County Jail on Tuesday, Sept. 22, held for a parole violation. Further court proceedings had not been scheduled.

According to the complaint, the victim arrived home at her residence in Lansing, Illinois, on Sept. 18 and walked into a burglary in progress. She told investigators a large man, later identified by the FBI as Clay, came at her with a hammer and then forced her into the trunk of her vehicle.

He drove her across state lines into Munster, Indiana, where external surveillance video at a First Merchants Bank location showed a man in a white shirt outside at 11:47 p.m. Clay allegedly used the victim's debit card to withdraw $140 from an ATM there. The vehicle was seen puling away about six minutes later, at 11:53 p.m.

Shortly after, police have additional surveillance video from outside a BMO Harris Bank in Munster showing the same man, later identified as Clay, wearing a semi-transparent nylon face covering and gloves at an ATM machine. He appeared to be using the ATM.

According to the complaint, the victim told police Clay sexually assaulted her inside the vehicle after pulling away from the second bank. He then continued on.

At 2 a.m., surveillance video showed the vehicle backing into an abandoned business on Melton Road in Burns Harbor, Indiana. The victim told police she was sexually assaulted a second time. Clay allegedly strangled her until she was unconscious.

In additional video captured at 2:49 a.m., investigators saw the woman walking toward a Pilot gas station on Melton Road, her legs on fire. Video at the service station, at 3:05 a.m., showed the victim walking into a McDonald's restaurant, where workers called 911.

Police later that day found the woman's vehicle abandoned in a parking lot of Bay Pointe Apartments, on 16th Street in Holland. Clay was not around. He appears to have been in the Holland area for two days until his arrest there Sept. 20. Investigators say Clay lived at Bay Pointe Apartments as recently as June 2015.

Several people came forward to identify him after federal investigators released surveillance images to the media. Those surveillance images appeared to match photographs of him filed in Illinois and with the Michigan Department of Corrections, according to the complaint.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:28 AM
News Editor

Default Re: IL woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted, set on fire before coon captor is arrested in MI

The evil of your average nigger buck is impossible to grasp for most people. This poor woman ran into the devil himself it seems!
http://anglo-saxonisrael.com/
Old 09-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: IL woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted, set on fire before coon captor is arrested in MI

http://abc7chicago.com/news/lansing-...apper/1000623/

Lansing church was safe haven for accused kidnapper

Thursday, September 24, 2015 07:45PM
LANSING, Ill. (WLS) --
The man accused of kidnapping, raping and setting a south suburban woman on fire last week had a history of violence and was part of a church transition program for ex-cons.

Carleous "Mad Dog" Clay is charged in a horrendous kidnapping after authorities said he lived up to that nickname while part of a church transitional program for ex-cons.

Clay - who lives in a church-rented home in south suburban Lansing - is now accused of attacking a woman who lived a few blocks away. It has angered a community and is raising questions about why he was there.

Last weekend, authorities say a surveillance camera captured an image of Clay - driving the victim's car as she was locked in the trunk - at her bank taking money from an ATM.

The I-Team has learned that Clay had been at Danville Correctional Center until his parole last December. He moved to Lansing and was living in a home rented by the Oak Glen United Reformed Church.

Church officials said Clay joined their fellowship program after several years of Christian discipleship behind bars.

Authorities said a week ago, he tried to burglarize the home of a woman who lived three blocks away. Police said the 53-year-old homeowner surprised Clay, who attacked her with a hammer and kidnapped her.

"As a community we are outraged, we don't want this individual in our community. We are going to work to fine tune this process so that something like this cannot happen again in Lansing," said Fabian Newman, a spokesman for Lansing, Illinois.

After sexually assaulting the victim and setting her legs on fire, Clay was arrested Sunday in Holland, Mich., after police found the victim's car abandoned at an apartment complex.

"I honked the horn, he looked at me once, I noticed he had something in his hand, I had a gut feeling something wasn't right," said J.R. Robinson, arrest witness. "He kept trying to hide his face; that's what spooked me about it."

Clay had a long record in Michigan, including a 2009 armed robbery in Grand Rapids when he shot a man in the head. The victim survived.

Now, a fundraising effort is underway for the most recent victim and a community is demanding answers.

"This individual pulled the wool over a lot of individual's eyes apparently. But this is devastating," Newman said.

Clay had been sentenced to 11 years at the Danville prison. He served five when he was paroled.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/prayer-v...ctim-/1007200/

Prayer vigil held for Lansing kidnapping victim

Monday, September 28, 2015 09:26PM
LANSING, Ill. (WLS) --
A prayer vigil was held Monday night for a kidnapping and sexual assault victim in south suburban Lansing.

Prosecutors said Carleous Clay attacked the 53-year-old woman on Sept. 17. She's still recovering.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:35 AM
Junior News Editor

http://abc7chicago.com/mad-dog-kidna...ictim/3747516/

'Mad Dog' kidnapper admits setting fire to victim

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 06:28PM
CHICAGO (WLS) --
Three years after the ABC7 I-Team revealed terrifying details of a home invasion, abduction, assault and lighter fluid attack, Carleous Clay now says the allegations are all true.

With his trial date just days away, Clay, 35, pleaded guilty to federal charges of kidnapping and attempted murder. He faces a minimum of 10 years in prison and up to life behind bars.

In September 2015, Clay lived up to his nickname "Mad Dog" when he twice ransacked a home in south suburban Lansing. On the second occasion, a 53-year-old resident was home. Clay threatened the woman with a hammer and kidnapped her, locking her in the trunk of her own car, for a trip to her bank where he stole money from an ATM.

Hours of sexual assault, attempted strangulation and torture followed, culminating with the woman's legs being doused with lighter fluid and then he set her on fire. According to his plea agreement, Clay admits that one reason he wanted to kill the suburban woman "was to prevent her from reporting the kidnapping and other crimes" to law enforcement.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:37 PM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: Lansing, IL WF kidnapped, raped, set on fire by negro sentenced to life

https://abc7chicago.com/woman-who-su...ncing/5057679/

Woman who survived kidnapping, rape, being set on fire faces attacker at sentencing

Friday, January 11, 2019
CHICAGO (WLS) --
A woman who survived being kidnapped, beaten, sexually assaulted and set on fire three-and-a-half years ago came face-to-face with her attacker at his sentencing Friday.

Diane Pranske can't walk and had to learn how to talk again, but Friday she learned Carleous Clay will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Prankse emerged from the federal courtroom with her hands in the air, smiling and cheering. As she sees it, it's a day to celebrate.

"I'm very good. It's finally over. I can move on with my life," she said. "I've let go of my hatred and all of my anger and I can move forward from here."

Her attitude is remarkable considering what she survived. Now bound to a wheelchair, she has third degree burns over a third of her body.

In September 2015, prosecutors said Clay broke into Pranske's Lansing home and attacked her as she returned with groceries. Clay threw the 53-year-old mother in the trunk of her car, drove her to Indiana, and used her bank card to steal from her account before choking her, raping her and then lighting her on fire.

In the courtroom Pranske's family watched a surveillance video of her trying to extinguish herself for five minutes and 17 seconds.

Friday was the first day Pranske and her family have seen Clay since the attack.

"I was fine with it. I just wanted to see the face of the person who could do something like this," said John Kawalec, Pranske's life partner and caretaker.

During an apology Judge Virginia Kendall did not accept, a heavily-guarded Clay said he "hoped we can all move forward with this." He was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison.

"It means that the world is safe from that evil monster," Pranske said.

A federal prison worker that prosecutors say Clay attacked and held at knife point also told the judge she felt like she couldn't wake from her own nightmare.