NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 07:23 AM
voiceofreason's Avatar
voiceofreason voiceofreason is offline
Junior News Editor
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 40,782
Default Uppity coons maced after mouf foaming Jameek goes in Patersonl, NJ kwop station for waddy den deff


Protests over death of man who went to Paterson police headquarters asking for help

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 05:28AM
PATERSON, New Jersey (WABC) --
Protesters in New Jersey demanded answers over the death of a young man who walked into a police station disoriented and asking for help.

A short time later, he fell unconscious and never woke up.

Jameek Lowery recorded his final moments on Facebook. Now, his family and the community are demanding to know what happened after the video.

The tension boiled over in Paterson Tuesday night as hundreds clashed with police on the street and spilled out of an overcrowded City Hall inside.

"I want justice, I need the truth and I'm not going nowhere until I get the truth," said the man's mother Patrice King.

"He was extremely paranoid, he was terrified and he had no shoes on," said Hawk Newsome, Black Lives Matter. "What I did notice was his face looked good and within a few hours he was dead."

City Council members brushed away tears as an anguished family begged to understand what happened to Lowery.

"My heart hurts, I can't explain how I feel because I don't know how I feel," said Lowery's sister Jamilia Laurie. "I can't go to sleep at night. I've been up since this happened. I cannot sleep."

The 27-year-old broadcast his own final moments on Facebook Live. It was before dawn on Saturday. Sources say Lowery had called 911 and said he'd taken ecstasy when he staggered into the Paterson police headquarters.

Police called an ambulance and accompanied him to St. Joseph's Hospital. But something happened on the way.

The Passaic County Prosecutor said in a statement that police used physical force and compliance holds to secure Lowery in the ambulance. Hospital records indicate no acute trauma.

The ride took between five and 12 minutes, and by the time he arrived he was unresponsive, the prosecutor added.


Police mace protesters when chaos breaks out at rally for Paterson man who died after begging police for water

Posted 9:41 PM, January 8, 2019

PATERSON, N.J. -- An investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office is underway into an incident involving a Paterson man who begged police for water, then died less than 48 hours later.

Video was posted showing 27-year-old Jameek Lowery, as he walked into Paterson Police Headquarters Saturday morning, sweating profusely, foaming at the mouth and at times incoherent, asking for help and for water.

In the video, Lowery asks for water multiple times, but officers say, "We're not allowed to."

"He asked for water. They deny him water. Why couldn't you give him water? Why didn't they help him?" said his mother, Patrice King. "All I wanna know is why you didn't help my son."

On Tuesday, what began as an organized rally for Lowery outside Paterson City Hall, quickly erupted into chaos.

"We don't mind if people demonstrate, as long as it's peaceful," Paterson Police Director Jerry Speziale said.

But as the crowds got out of control, many of the protesters were maced by police.

The crowd said they just want justice for Lowery who they believe could have been saved if police officers would have given him water.

Police sources said the officers followed protocol because they are not supposed to give water because, according to them, it may harm the individual. But the family said the officers' response was inadequate.

"We want to know what happened to him from the complex back to the ER," said Lowery's brother Jamir King. "We want to know a lot of things. We want justice."

According to authorities, the Paterson Fire Department first responded to a 911 call from Lowery at 2:47 a.m. requesting an ambulance for himself at 135 Godwin Ave.

The ambulance arrived at 2:57 a.m. to transport Lowery to St. Joseph’s University Medical Center. Less than an hour later, at 3:44 a.m., Lowery called 911 again from the Wendy’s Restaurant on Broadway.

He then walked to the Paterson Police Headquarters at 111 Broadway and requested assistance, including water. Police said they were not allowed to give him water and called for an ambulance at 3:47 a.m.

Lowery was transported again to St. Joseph’s University Medical Center where he died within 48 hours. Results of toxicology and autopsy reports are pending.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.