NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 09:28 AM
Junior News Editor

Default White girl, 6 shot during robbery at Houston T-Mobile store by negro security guard

https://abc13.com/6-year-old-girl-sh...-thru/4676550/

6-year-old girl shot during robbery at Houston T-Mobile store

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 04:13AM
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
A little girl is recovering in the hospital after being struck by a security guard's stray bullet as she sat in her family's car in a McDonald's drive-thru.

Claire Tidwell suffered a gunshot wound to her left leg. The bullet first grazed her right leg, according to her father, Danny Tidwell.

"She's okay. She's stable," said Tidwell. "There was gunshots. We were sitting in the car, ordering food. All of a sudden, gunshots started going off everywhere. It was so loud that we knew it was close. It was so close that we ducked in the seat, because we couldn't tell where it was coming from. As the shots were going off, my daughter said, 'Daddy, I'm hurt.' I turned around and there was blood everywhere. I knew she was shot, so I just left."

Tidwell rushed home, where he and his wife called for help.

According to Houston police, a security guard opened fire on a theft suspect, striking him and the little girl at the drive-thru. It happened outside a T-Mobile store in the 5500 block of Airline on Monday afternoon. Police say the suspect was trying to steal a cell phone.

"He saw the theft happening in progress. He pulled his weapon and actually shot the suspect," said Officer Anthony Le with HPD's Major Assaults Division.

Christopher Bradley, 28, a commissioned security officer according to online records, is being held in HPD's jail on a charge of aggravated assault.

His mother rushed to the scene when she heard about the shooting.

"I don't even know the little girl, but I know my heart is breaking for all of them," Sherhonda Bradley said.

https://abc13.com/guard-who-accident...arget/4686455/

Security guard who shot 6-year-old girl 'kept missing his target' as he fired at suspect: Prosecutors

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
The security guard accused of accidentally shooting a little girl at a McDonald's drive-thru during a theft at a cell phone store appeared in court Wednesday.

Christopher Bradley, 28, is charged with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury in the shooting that injured 6-year-old Claire Tidwell.

Claire is recovering after a three-hour surgery on Tuesday to remove that stray bullet from her left leg.

The shooting happened at the T-Mobile store in the 5500 block of Airline in north Houston. Authorities say Bradley, who was not in uniform, saw 18-year-old Earnest Hudson stealing an iPhone.

Hudson ran out, triggering the alarm. Bradley confronted him outside of the store. During the confrontation, he pointed his gun at Hudson, who took off.

Bradley chased after him, firing "an unknown amount of times," prosecutors said. Bradley followed Hudson toward the right side of the McDonald's drive-thru, where Claire and her family were at the time. Claire was sitting in the back seat of her family's vehicle.

Prosecutors said Bradley "kept missing his target," but he did end up hitting Hudson several times.