Senior Editor

Default Re: Coon caged for extreme niglet tenderizing

http://nypost.com/2017/01/28/mom-who...-all-my-fault/

Mom who beat her son to death: ‘He’s gone and it’s all my fault’
By Abigail Gepner and Laura Italiano
January 28, 2017 | 2:15pm | Updated

Zarah Coombs and Zamair Coombs
Facebook

She admitted to bludgeoning her little boy to death with a broomstick — and on Saturday on Rikers Island, she wept inside a prison of guilt and grief of her own making.

“He’s gone and it’s all my fault,” Brooklyn mother Zarah Coombs sobbed in a jailhouse interview. “My life is over.”

“Nothing will ever be the same. My baby is gone,” she said of her son, Zamair, 4, the second eldest of her four children.

Zamair — who loved Barney and Spider-Man and always kissed his two little brothers good night — died in a Brooklyn hospital on Thursday, the victim, cops said, of his own mother’s wrath.

On Wednesday night, she beat her child repeatedly with a broomstick, and left him to die in a plastic storage bin half-filled with water, which she was using as a makeshift bathtub, police said.

Coombs, 26, is now on suicide watch and waiting trial on charges of murder and possession of a weapon.

In a free-ranging and emotional interview, Coombs — dressed in a gray jumpsuit, her hair down in long, twisting locks — welled up with tears as she remembered the boy whose short life she snuffed out.

“He loved food — he wanted to be a chef,” Coombs said.

“He called you a meatball and a chicken nugget — that was his way of saying he loved you.”

She blames her rage on post-partum depression, and said she can’t remember actually striking Zamair, claiming the memory is “blacked out.”

The last thing she does recall is a crescendo of noises from inside the family’s dank basement apartment in Brownsville.

The TV was blaring, both her one-month-old and her one-year-old boys were crying, and Zamair was trying to help her make lunch.

“I just heard noise,” Coombs said.

“Noise from my own head. TV. Crying.”

After her “blackout,” Zamair was still alive.

“He was humming,” Coombs remembered.

“He looked at me, but he didn’t say anything.

“I said, ‘OK, baby. Let’s get you in a warm bath.’”

“I’m sorry,” she said she told the boy.

“I love you, Zamair.”

Coombs said she lay Zamair down for a bath in storage bin.

She then went to breastfeed her one-month-old, during which she fell asleep.

She was awoken by her boyfriend — the children’s father — who had returned home from work to find the boy still in the tub, but unconscious.

“He went under!” the boyfriend told her.

“And I said, ‘What do you mean, under? There’s barely any water. There’s nothing to go under.’”

They called 911, and the boyfriend meanwhile gave Zamair CPR, she said, the boy coughing out water, food, mucous.

Doctors at the hospital revived him three times, she said — to no avail.

“I lost it,” she says of striking the boy.

“That was a panic attack … if I could have banged my head any harder and banged it open [instead of striking Zamair] I would have done it,” she said.

Now, “Every time I close my eyes, I see his face, hear his voice,” she said, sobbing.

“I just talk to him all night.”

Zamair’s murder is the latest in a series of at least nine child abuse deaths currently under investigation by the city’s Department of Investigation.

In Zamair’s case, the city’s Department of Investigation says Administration of Children’s Services investigated two previous abuse allegations against the family in 2015, but both were determined to be unfounded.

“If I had just called 911 before I put him in tub he’d still be alive. My kids would have been taken from me, but Zamair would still be alive,” she said.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Senior Editor

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/abused-...ed-a-homicide/

Abused toddler’s death ruled a homicide
By Tina Moore, Emily Smith and Chris Perez
February 2, 2017 | 5:20pm | Updated

Jaden Jordan
Facebook

The death of 3-year-old Jaden Jordan — the Brooklyn tot at the center of the city’s disturbing child welfare agency probe — has been officially ruled a homicide.

The Medical Examiner’s office completed its investigation on Thursday and told The Post that the boy had died of abusive head and neck trauma.

“The manner of death is homicide,” a spokesperson said.

After Jaden was beaten into a coma, his mom’s boyfriend, Salvatore Lucchesse, was charged with assault and endangering the welfare of a child –but he is now facing murder charges following the ME’s ruling.

“Now that the Medical Examiner has determined that Jaden Jordan’s senseless death was a homicide, we will seek to upgrade the charges in the grand jury,” Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said Thursday.

Last week, a Department of Investigation report revealed numerous mistakes in Jaden’s ACS investigation, which was launched after the agency received a tip saying he was being abused.

According to the DOI findings, child welfare workers weren’t able to track down his Gravesend address until two days after they were first alerted to the alleged abuse.

“ACS did not find Jaden before he was allegedly beaten into a coma on Monday, November 28, 2016,” the DOI report said.

Lucchesse, 24, was arrested shortly after authorities found the boy, battered and unresponsive. Jaden later died on Feb. 3 after suffering a fractured skull and a lacerated spleen and liver.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Senior Editor

http://nypost.com/2017/05/03/former-...r-old-stepson/

Former Bloods member accused of brutally beating 4-year-old stepson
By Tina Moore
May 3, 2017 | 2:19pm | Updated

A 4-year-old boy suffered critical injuries at his Bronx home and his stepfather — a former member of the Bloods who’s on probation for robbery — was charged with brutally beating him, police sources said Wednesday.

Little Jonathan Cancel was taken to Lincoln Hospital from his Vyse Avenue home Tuesday with bruising to his face, ears, mouth, neck, lower back and abdomen, the sources said.

At some point, he was transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center for additional testing, where doctors examined him and found that he had blood in his mouth and nose and had also suffered liver damage.

Doctors determined that his injuries were caused by child abuse. They said he was in critical condition but unlikely to die.

Trevor Brown, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with second-degree assault. Brown, a known gang member of the Bloods, has 18 arrests on his record.

A spokesman with the Administration for Children’s Services said the agency was investigating.

“ACS and NYPD are actively investigating the circumstances leading to this incident involving a minor,” the spokesman said. “Confidentiality laws preclude us to comment further.”

While the mother and stepfather have no prior history with the city’s ACS together, both parents have been investigated by the agency in the past, the sources said.

Social workers substantiated complaints that the mother provided inadequate guardianship for Jonathan in 2014 and medically neglected him in 2013. The agency also found reason to believe she provided inadequate guardianship and inadequate food and shelter to her two daughters between 2010 and 2012, the sources said. Both girls were removed from her care at the time.

ACS investigated Brown in regards to a daughter with another mother in 2011 and found that he tested positive for drugs, the sources said. The agency also substantiated a complaint that he provided inadequate guardianship to that child in 2009.

Brown was on probation through Sept. 28, 2021, for a 2014 robbery arrest. He has 14 arrests on his record that are sealed. The four that aren’t sealed are for theft of services and robbery.

He was awaiting arraignment in Bronx Criminal Court Wednesday afternoon.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:46 PM
Senior Editor

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...beating-death/

Mammy, Boifren' Accused Of Beatin 4-Year-Old To Deff Fo Spillin' Breakfuss Cereal
January 23, 2018 at 5:13 pm

WILLOW GROVE, Pa. (CBS) — A mother and her boyfriend are accused of beating her son to death because he spilled his breakfast cereal.

The Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office says Abington Township Police responded to a report of a respiratory emergency shortly after 6 p.m. on Monday.

When paramedics arrived, they found 4-year-old Tahjir Smith limp and unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Abington Memorial Hospital.

Investigators say that Tahjir was beaten by his mother, 19-year-old Lisa Smith, and her boyfriend, 26-year-old Keiff King, at their home in the 1800 block of Lukens Avenue in Willow Grove because he spilled his breakfast cereal.

Kaffir Kang, left, and Lisa Smiff, right, have been charged in the beating death of a 4-year-old boy. (credit: Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office)

Authorities say the suspects beat Tahjir with a shoe.

An autopsy also revealed old rib fractures.

“This senseless death of a 4-year-old boy at the hands of the very adults who are supposed to care for him and keep him safe is a horrible tragedy,” said Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele. “This is the face of domestic violence-a preschooler was beaten until he stopped breathing because he spilled his cereal. We have charged the mother and her boyfriend
and will be the voice for justice for Tahjir.”

Smith and King have been arrested and charged with aggravated assault, criminal attempted murder, endangering the welfare of a child and other related charges.

They have been remanded to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post $500,000 bail each.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 31.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:00 AM
Senior Editor

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...474977253.html

Pennsylvania Father Charged After Son He Hurt as Infant Dies 20 Years Later
A Pennsylvania father is charged with homicide for the death of his son
Published at 4:35 PM EST on Feb 23, 2018 | Updated at 4:59 PM EST on Feb 23, 2018

A mug shot of Lucius Middlebrooks who admitted to shaking his son Cavelle Mena in 1996. Mena died in 2015 from medical complications due to the injury.

A Pennsylvania father who served a prison term for seriously injuring his infant son about 20 years ago is now charged with homicide because an autopsy determined the injuries caused the son's death in 2015.

Authorities say Lucius Middlebrooks admitted shaking Cavelle Mena in 1996 when the child was about two months old. That caused a traumatic brain injury and severe medical complications.

Middlebrooks served prison time for the abuse and was later released. When Mena died in November 2015, an autopsy determined that the brain injury he suffered had caused his death.

Middlebrooks was arrested Thursday on the homicide charge. It wasn't known Friday if the Braddock man has retained an attorney.

Authorities haven't said what caused the gap between Mena's death and the filing of the homicide charge.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:16 AM
Senior Editor

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...aware-toddler/

2 Charged With Murder In Death Of Delaware Toddler
February 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm

WILMINGTON, DEL. (CBS) — Police have arrested and charged two people with murder in the death of a 15-month old child in Wilmington, Delaware.

Police say they were called to Wilmington Hospital on Saturday, February 17 to investigate the death of a young child.

The Delaware State Medical Examiner’s office later determined the death to be a homicide caused by blunt force trauma.

Investigators say the mother of the child had left the toddler in the care of 22-year-old Tameke Wright and 37-year-old Lavar Harris.

Both suspects were taken into custody Friday and charged with murder by abuse or neglect in the 1st degree.

Wright and Harris were each being held on $100,000 cash bail.