NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2017, 06:54 PM
voiceofreason's Avatar
voiceofreason voiceofreason is offline
Junior News Editor
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 37,269
Default WM attacked by shine STL Metro Train Dec' 15 gets justice: da nigger iz made good by another nigger


Man killed in shooting on MetroLink train had robbed man on train in 2015, authorities say

NORMANDY • A man shot to death on a MetroLink train late Wednesday night at a station on the University of Missouri-St. Louis campus had pleaded guilty last year to a violent robbery on a MetroLink train, authorities say.

In Wednesday’s attack, police say a man shot Jesse Boone, 22, of St. Louis in the chest as they rode in the back of the train at about 11:15 p.m. The shooting followed a fight between Boone and the gunman as their MetroLink train approached the UMSL South station, near Natural Bridge Road. Authorities did not provide a motive.

Police say they caught Djion Oates, 18, fleeing from the train station with a gun. He was charged Thursday with second-degree murder, armed criminal action and unlawful possession of a firearm. He was held with bail set at $500,000, cash-only.

The shooting came less than six months after the victim had pleaded guilty to a December 2015 robbery on a MetroLink train in St. Louis. Boone was given a suspended seven-year sentence and put on probation in October, according to court records.

In the 2015 robbery, Boone was part of a group of men who attacked a passenger, leaving him bloodied while other passengers watched but did not intervene. Police said Boone had grabbed the victim from behind while another man hit the victim and others went through his pockets.


Man says passengers stood by as he was beaten on MetroLink train
Dec 14, 2015

ST. LOUIS COUNTY • Mark Paffrath says that being robbed and beaten aboard a MetroLink train was not nearly as shocking as having it happen in front what he estimated as at least 100 people who did nothing about it.

“People were complaining about missing their bus because the train had to stop longer than expected,” he said in an interview by phone Monday. “Only one gentleman gave me his shirt to wipe the blood off my face after it happened.”

Paffrath, 29, said he was approached Friday night at the Hanley station by a man who wanted him to buy some marijuana. The man sat in front of him, and at the St. Charles Rock Road station, four men wearing ski masks boarded, and the man sitting in front of Paffrath said, “Get ’em.”

“A guy behind me chokes me, another guy hits me and two other people were going through my pockets,” he said. “I was yelling and screaming.”
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.