NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 10-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Senior Editor

Default Re: Here’s a "deplorable basket" of every scandal swirling around Hillary

http://nypost.com/2016/09/30/sorry-h...e-white-house/

Sorry, Hillary Clinton’s the one who’s unfit for the White House
By Deroy Murdock
September 30, 2016 | 8:28pm

Hillary Clinton has the temperament to be president.”

That statement is as absurd as confusing a wheelbarrow for a fighter jet.

After 40 years in public life, Clinton speaks clearly and often presents herself with poise and occasional flashes of elegance. But beneath this bright surface, deeply unpresidential traits linger.

Clinton is an unreconstructed elitist who disdains her fellow Americans. She notoriously told Barbra Streisand and a room full of rich, giggling liberals: “You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the ‘basket of deplorables.’”

Speaking Sept. 9 at a $6 million Manhattan fund-raiser, she added: “They’re racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it.” Given Trump’s following, Clinton sneered at some 50 million citizens.

She then doubled down during Monday’s debate against Donald Trump.

“I think implicit bias is a problem for everyone,” she said. “Too many of us in our great country jump to conclusions about each other … I think we need all of us to be asking hard questions about, you know, why am I feeling this way?”

So, every American’s racist.

“How can Hillary Clinton try to lead this country when she has such a low opinion of its citizens?” Trump wondered Wednesday in Waukesha, Wis. “How can she lead this country when she thinks America is full of racists, deplorables and irredeemables?”

If elected, Hillary Clinton would derive her powers from the American people. What a horrible attitude to see in a potential collective employee.

The ever-superior Clinton abuses her co-workers, even those ready to stop bullets for her.

“Good morning, ma’am,” a uniformed Secret Service officer once greeted Clinton.

“F - - k off,” she replied.

Journalist Ronald Kessler’s “First Family Detail,” among other volumes, documents Clinton’s callousness.

“She was just really rude to almost everybody,” former Secret Service agent Lloyd Bulman recalls. “She’d act like she didn’t want you around, like you were beneath her.”

White House staffers reportedly avoided conversations and even eye contact with her as first lady. Some hid behind drapes as she walked down the hall.

Hillary Clinton is a world-class grifter who sold access to the Lincoln Bedroom and her State Department office. Given her sticky fingers, she should be dubbed Hillary Velcro-hands. The Clintons literally stole antiques as they left the White House in 2001. Once caught, they had to reload the American people’s furniture and decorations and return them by truck from Chappaqua to Washington.

Clinton considers herself above the rules, as her outlaw e-mailgate system proves. She also apparently blew off her mandatory annual training on handling state secrets.

And, of course, Clinton is a pathological liar. Her pathology — a worrisome word — involves lying about things large and small: Her e-mails, which were deleted while under subpoena; her “allergies,” which became “overheating” and finally pneumonia; her arrival in Bosnia “under sniper fire,” during which she calmly greeted an 8-year-old girl.

Two Hillary Clintons were on display on Sept. 14, 2012. That’s when the four Americans killed in Benghazi were flown home to Andrews Air Force Base.

At the podium, Clinton was suitably stoic. Her black outfit and firm words perfectly fit the grim setting. But, Patricia Smith, the mother of murdered diplomat Sean Smith, says she witnessed, up close, Clinton’s true temperament.

As Smith told the Republican National Convention last July, “When I saw Hillary Clinton at Sean’s coffin ceremony, just days later, she looked me squarely in the eye and told me a video was responsible.”

Clinton knew damn well that Sean Smith was killed by al Qaeda-tied terrorists, not a band of disappointed film fans. And yet, with Smith’s casket just feet away, Clinton flat-out lied about this to his grieving mother’s face.

On camera, Hillary Clinton was plausibly presidential.

Off camera, two things confirmed her disqualifyingly unpresidential temperament: dry ice where her heart should have been and a wooden nose long enough to make Pinocchio’s look like a cork.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Senior Editor

Default Re: Here’s a "deplorable basket" of every scandal swirling around Hillary

http://nypost.com/2016/10/02/inside-...ntial-library/

Inside the penthouse shenanigans at Bill Clinton’s presidential library
By Edward Klein
October 2, 2016 | 6:09am

In his new book, “Guilty As Sin,” journalist Edward Klein peeks behind the curtain of Bill Clinton’s private penthouse in the presidential library in Little Rock, Ark. Klein claims the ex-president continues his cozy relationships with interns, muses about naked pool parties on the roof, and discusses with advisers how his wife — already scornful of his counsel — should deal with the escalating scandal over her unsecured private e-mail server.

Bill Clinton was getting a foot massage.

“We were on the terrace of his apartment,” recalled the 20-something intern at the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum who was massaging Bill’s feet. “We had a meal served from 42 [the restaurant in the Little Rock library] — *vegan stuff like kale salad.

“He often invites girls like me who work at the library to his apartment for a glass of red wine and a massage,” the intern said in an interview for this book. “He likes his neck and shoulders massaged because he gets knots in his muscles. But what he really likes is to have his feet massaged. He just kicks off his loafers and socks and puts his feet on the coffee table. That really makes him happy.

“Bill is always flirting with the women at the library. He knows everybody by their first name and is incredibly kind and generous. When he talks to you, it’s like you are the only person in the world. I always called him Mr. President, naturally, but one day he looked at me with this horny look and said, ‘Call me Bill.’ I sort of knew then that I was in.

“I know what people would say if they knew I gave him a foot massage. But, hey, if it makes him happy, I’m happy to do it. The idea of touching the president of the United States that way is incredibly exciting to me.”

In the midst of the massage, the phone rang. Clinton listened for a moment, then put down the receiver.

“Damn!” he said, according to the *intern’s recollection.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Hillary just told a bunch of Iowa Democrats she’s on Snapchat,” Clinton said.

“So what?” the young intern said. “I’m on Snapchat. Everybody’s on Snapchat.”

“Yeah, but she said she loves Snapchat because all her e-mails disappear by themselves,” Clinton said.

“I still don’t understand,” the intern said.

“Just keep doing what you’re doing,” Clinton said.

While the intern went back to massaging his feet, Clinton made another call. He informed the person on the other end of the line that Hillary had cracked a joke about her disappearing e-mails at the Wing Ding dinner in Clear Lake, Iowa.

The intern remembered Clinton saying: “She’s f–king over the FBI. How stupid is that! You and I need to talk. I’ll send a plane to get you.”

The man who arrived at the library was one of Bill Clinton’s oldest and most trusted advisers. [The source was interviewed more than two dozen times for this book.] They strolled out onto Clinton’s penthouse terrace, his friend carrying a tumbler of Johnnie Walker Black, Bill with a glass of red wine, which his doctor had prescribed for his heart.

“You’re right, this e-mail thing is spiraling out of control,” the adviser said, according to his recollection of the meeting, which he later shared with the author of this book.

“From what I know of the case,” he went on, “she’s extremely vulnerable. It involves not only the FBI and the Justice Department, but two inspectors general in the intelligence community and the inspector general of the State Department. There are a number of statutes that she appears to have violated and national security laws that she may have breached.”

He took out several sheets of paper and began reading from a long list that amounted to a bill of indictment.

When his friend had finished ticking off the items on his list, Clinton asked, “So?”

“My recommendation is that Hillary get ahead of the situation by hiring an outside legal counsel,” the adviser replied, recalling the conversation for the author of this book. “She needs to secure the services of an expert legal counsel — preferably a big-league defense attorney from the Republican side of the aisle.”

Hillary, he added, needed to get some “discovery” as to where the investigation was going.

“You don’t want to be blindsided, and if you ignore it, pretend it’s a partisan ploy, and act scornfully, it will blindside you,” the adviser said. “That’s not where you want to be.”

William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Massage Parlor.
Photo: Getty Images

‘Hillary’s e-mails aside, there was a big problem with her campaign,” his adviser told the author of this book. “Bill knew — even if Hillary didn’t — that he had to be a major component of her campaign for it to work. He felt that the country had drifted to extremes on both sides and the only winning strategy was to persuade voters on the basis of their hearts — to be so appealing and likeable they wanted to see you on television in their living rooms every night. He believed that he had that appeal. But he was far from certain that he had the stamina to do as much campaigning as needed to be done.

“The other component was the growing distance between Bill and Hillary,” the adviser continued. “She didn’t listen to much of what he said anymore. When he went on about policy and politics, she rolled her eyes and started checking messages on her BlackBerry.

“She resented the fact that Bill was treated like a rock star and that she had to work hard to create the illusion of enthusiasm. All Bill had to do is walk into a room. He gave off an electrical charge. Men lit up in his presence. Women swooned. Hillary had to scream to get attention.

“I think that if Hillary was more appreciative of Bill’s efforts and less resentful, he would’ve worked harder for her. It was exhausting to work for someone who didn’t appreciate you.

“I was with him at the apartment in Little Rock after a long telephone conversation with Hillary in which he held the phone away from his ear because she was shouting that he was interfering with her campaign. Finally, he cut her short and said he would call back later. He didn’t exactly hang up on her, but it was very close.

“Afterward, he slumped down in a chair and shook his head. He looked old and defeated. Then he got up, went out to his rooftop putting green, and started chipping shots into the Arkansas River. When he was done, he looked like his old self again.

“He said, ‘She can do whatever the f–k she wants,’ and he started talking about his plans for building a swimming pool on the roof of the library. He wants to have naked pool parties the way JFK had pool parties when he was in the White House.

“He had an architect give him a feasibility report on building a pool, and it turned out that it would have been very expensive to build and disruptive to the functioning of the library. Anyway, the National Archives, which administers presidential libraries, probably would have vetoed the idea. So he dropped the plan. But for a while, he thought about getting an above-ground pool for the girls to splash around in.

“Bill has a bunch of women he regularly invites to his apartment. Most of them are young and good looking. He loves being surrounded by pretty girls. The place is completely secure, so he knows there’s no chance any photographers can get in.

“I was there at one of his parties on a hot, steamy day. He served champagne and cold beer and handed out roses, which he grows on the terrace and which are named after his mother, Virginia Kelley. At one point, he got out a hose and sprayed some of the girls.

“‘Keep that up,’ I told him, ‘and you’re going to have the first wet T-shirt contest ever held at a presidential library.’ ”

Excerpted from “Guilty As Sin: Uncovering New Evidence of Corruption and How Hillary Clinton and the Democrats Derailed the FBI Investigation,” by Edward Klein. Out this week from Regnery Publishing.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Senior Editor

http://nypost.com/2016/10/03/book-de...hillary-skate/

Book details how Team Obama schemed to let Hillary skate
By Edward Klein
October 3, 2016 | 8:35pm

In his new book, “Guilty As Sin” (Regnery), out Tuesday, Edward Klein claims officials in the Obama administration decided before the first witness was interviewed that Hillary Clinton would not face prosecution over the handling of classified e-mail. An excerpt:

Bill Clinton’s private jet was cleared for takeoff and was taxiing toward the active runway at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport when a Secret Service agent informed him that Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s plane was coming in for a landing.

“Don’t take off!” Bill barked.

As his plane skidded to a halt and then headed back to its parking space, Bill grabbed a phone and called an old friend — one of his most trusted legal advisers.

It was June 27, 2016 — one year into the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton’s e-mails.

“Bill said, ‘I want to bushwhack Loretta,’ ” the adviser recalled. “ ‘I’m going to board her plane. What do you think?’ And I said, ‘There’s no downside for you, but she’s going to take a pounding if she’s crazy enough to let you on her plane.’

“He knew it would be a huge embarrassment to Loretta when people found out that she had talked to the husband of a woman — the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party — who was under criminal investigation by the FBI,” the adviser continued. “But he didn’t give a damn. He wanted to intimidate Loretta and discredit [FBI Director James] Comey’s investigation of Hillary’s e-mails, which was giving Hillary’s campaign agita.”

Bill hung up the phone and turned to a Secret Service agent.

“As soon as her plane lands,” he said, “get the Attorney General on the phone and say the president would like to have a word with her.”

Once inside Lynch’s plane, Bill turned on the Clinton charm. He gave Lynch’s shoulder an affectionate squeeze and shook hands with her husband, Stephen Hargove.

“Bill said he could tell that Loretta knew from the get-go that she’d made a huge mistake,” his adviser said. “She was literally trembling, shaking with nervousness. Her husband tried to comfort her; he kept patting her hand and rubbing her back.

“Bill made small talk about golf and grandchildren and [former Attorney General] Janet Reno, and he kept at it for nearly a half hour. It didn’t make any difference what they talked about; all he wanted to do was send a message to everyone at Justice and the FBI that Hillary had the full weight of the Clinton machine, the Democratic Party, and the White House behind her.

“It was clearly tortuous for Loretta. Bill told me later that he noticed there were beads of sweat on her upper lip.”

One week later, Barack Obama invited Hillary to fly with him to North Carolina for a campaign rally. He wouldn’t have let her use two of the greatest symbols of presidential power — Air Force One and the podium with the Seal of the President of the United States — if he thought there was even the slightest chance she was going to be indicted. But Attorney General Lynch had privately assured him that she wouldn’t let that happen, and that the fix was in.

Many members of the mainstream media thought that FBI Director Comey was hell-bent on indicting Hillary. They called him the Eliot Ness of his time — squeaky clean and untouchable.

But that was a complete misreading of Comey.

He was affable, had a good sense of humor, and might come across as a straight arrow, but he didn’t get to be director of the FBI by falling off the turnip truck. It took huge ambition and an instinct for political survival.

Comey knew that if he recommended an indictment of Hillary — something that was fiercely opposed by the President, the Attorney General, the Democrats in Congress, and the mainstream media — he’d ignite a firestorm and go down in history as the man who traumatized the country’s political system. What’s more, if after all of that, Hillary was found not guilty by a jury, it would blacken Comey’s reputation for all time to come.

The day after Obama and Hillary flew to North Carolina, Comey held a televised press conference in the FBI auditorium. Dressed in a blue shirt and gold tie, which matched the colors of the FBI flag standing behind his lectern, Comey methodically laid out a bill of indictment against Hillary Clinton.

He said that Hillary and her top aides at the State Department — Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills, and Jake Sullivan — had been “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.”

On and on he went, for a full 10 minutes, making an iron-clad case that Hillary was guilty of gross negligence in her handling of classified material, and that she had violated a federal statute that did not require evidence of intent to prove her guilty.

Attorney General Lynch sat in her office, along with her top aides, watching Comey deliver his blistering rebuke of Hillary Clinton.

Lynch had promised President Obama and Valerie Jarrett that Hillary would not be indicted. But here was the director of the FBI on national TV laying out what appeared to be an unassailable case for prosecuting her.

How could this have happened? What had gone wrong? Would she be forced to resign?

All these thoughts went through Lynch’s mind, as she later recalled to a friend, as she listened to Comey drone on.

She was livid.

Finally, she couldn’t stand to watch him anymore. She covered her eyes with her hands and let out a string of curses aimed at Jim Comey. And then, three quarters of the way through his news conference, Comey dropped a bombshell.

Hillary, he said, shouldn’t be prosecuted for her handling of classified information — even though it wasn’t his job to make prosecutorial decisions. That was up to the prosecutors in the Justice Department. There was no evidence, he said, that Hillary had intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled secret documents in order to harm the United States.

“Our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

Hillary was clearly guilty as sin, and the right thing would have been for Comey not only to say so — which he did — but to make her pay for her sins.

But he didn’t.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:30 AM
Senior Editor

http://nypost.com/2016/10/09/bin-lad...n-e-mail-leak/

Bin Laden secrets revealed in latest Clinton e-mail leak
By Eileen AJ Connelly
October 9, 2016 | 5:43am

In her secret speeches to Wall Street bankers, Hillary Clinton backed free trade and claimed politicians need leeway to make backroom deals — and may have disclosed classified details of the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound, according to the latest e-mails disclosed by WikiLeaks.

The e-mails also revealed that back in 2015, the Clinton campaign strategized about ways to elevate Donald Trump and other “extreme” Republicans — as “Pied Piper” candidates who would ultimately be so “unpalatable,” they’d help her win.

These “Pied Piper” candidates also included Ted Cruz and Ben Carson, according to the e-mail, sent to the Democratic National Committee on April 7, 2015.

The e-mail goes on to advise the DNC to “Force all Republican candidates to lock themselves into extreme conservative positions that will hurt them in the general election.”

Other e-mails disclosing the content of her speeches to bankers and business groups show Clinton revealing insider details of how bin Laden was targeted.

“I was in the small group that recommended to the president that he go after bin Laden,” Clinton said in a 2013 speech to a *Toronto business organization.

She went on: “The amount of work that was required to get a strong-enough basis of information on which to plan took more than a decade . . . and then all of a sudden putting this matrix together and saying, ‘This guy used to protect bin Laden — he has just made a phone call. He said this in the phone call. We need to figure out where he is. Then we need to follow him.’

“And that is how we found this compound in Abbottabad [Pakistan]” — where a team of Navy SEALs took out bin Laden in May 2011.

WikiLeaks asked in a tweet if Clinton’s comments revealed too much about the bin Laden hunt by mentioning the phone calls.

It’s unclear whether Clinton’s story was classified. But what she said in Toronto varies from other accounts of how the United States determined bin Laden’s whereabouts.

Many reports of the time said the United States was tipped to bin Laden’s location by a Pakistani intelligence officer; other reports say Washington *tracked him down with extensive surveillance.

The leaked trove of e-mails from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s account also features damning evidence of major flip-flops and doublespeak from the former secretary of state.

The leaked Clinton comment that most captured the imagination of social media Saturday came from an April 2013 speech to the National Multifamily Housing Council. Clinton said politicians must balance “both a public and a private position” while making deals.

“It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be,” Clinton said. “But if everybody’s watching, you know, all of the backroom discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position.”

The full transcripts of the speeches were not released. But WikiLeaks included a document of excerpts from the speeches that Clinton’s campaign flagged as potential political trouble.

In a talk to a Brazilian bank in 2013, Clinton said her “dream” is “a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders,” and asked her audience to think of what doubling American trade with Latin America “would mean for everybody in this room.”

Trump, her Republican opponent, has made opposition to trade deals that he says hurt American workers a cornerstone of his campaign.

Clinton’s onetime opponent for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Bernie Sanders, also was vocal in his objection to trade deals, and pushed Clinton to denounce support for the Trans Pacific Partnership.

And there’s more to come.

The leaks came from roughly 2,050 e-mails sent to and from Podesta, who is also a former chief-of-staff to President Bill Clinton.

WikiLeaks claimed to have up to 10,000 e-mails.

“We have published 1 percent of the #PodestaEmails so far,” Wiki*Leaks tweeted Saturday.

“Additional publications will proceed throughout the election period.”

Podesta has said some of the leaked e-mails may have been altered or faked. He is not confirming or denying their contents.