NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 10:10 AM
Senior Editor

Default FILIPINO Manhattan physical therapist sexually abused Italian female patient: lawsuit

https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/manhat...tient-lawsuit/

Manhattan physical therapist sexually abused patient: lawsuit

By Priscilla DeGregory
August 27, 2019 | 4:47pm | Updated

Elaina Sorrentino (left) and Ronald Labayen

A Bronx woman says she was sexually abused by a physical therapist at a Manhattan medical clinic, according to a new lawsuit.

Elaina Sorrentino went into N.Y. Be Well Medical three times over the winter for a back injury — where physical therapist Ronald Labayen reached under her clothes, “groped her butt” and rubbed her anus while massaging her, according to her new Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit.

“Shocked and appalled, Plaintiff immediately asked him what he was doing,” and he answered it “was part of the treatment,” the court papers say.

“I just flipped out,” Sorrentino told The Post. “I said, ‘What are you doing?’ He said, ‘I’m touching your tailbone because it’s part of the procedure.’ I said I was very uncomfortable.”

“Apparently, this treatment was part of the ‘hands on’ approached advertised on defendants’ website,” the court documents say.

The 54-year-old patient went back a second time and saw a female physical therapist who didn’t touch her inappropriately.

On her third visit, Labayen “kissed plaintiff on the neck and stated he missed her,” and he rubbed his “erect penis” on her shoulder, the suit charges.

“He’s massaging me and he’s so close to my arm with a hard-on that I can feel the heat of his private parts,” Sorrentino said through tears.

When Sorrentino tried to leave he “pushed her against the wall and kissed her forcibly,” the court papers allege.

“I froze. I couldn’t say anything,” Sorrentino recalled emotionally.

Sorrentino — who filed a police report in May — says she hasn’t been the same since.

“I put on 20 pounds. I can’t get out of the house. I can’t date anymore. He traumatized me,” she explained. “He made my life a living hell.”

Labayen was arrested on April 24 and charged with forcible touching and sexual abuse for the incident involving Sorrentino and for an incident involving a second woman on April 22, according to court records and Sorrentino’s lawyer. Labayen remains out on $1,000 bail while the case is pending, according to records.

Sorrentino named the clinic and a doctor who runs it as defendants for negligently hiring Labayen.

Labayen — who is no longer listed on Be Well’s website — and the clinic did not immediately return requests for comment. Labayen’s criminal defense lawyer did not immediately return an email request.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.