NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 11:11 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Buck negro kidnapped, shot ex-mudshark to deff, dumped topless in a grassy area

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...213580189.html

Suspect arrested in kidnapping, shooting of woman found dead in Overton Woods

June 21, 2018 10:57 AM

FORT WORTH

A 38-year-old man has been jailed in Longview in the kidnapping and shooting of an ex-girlfriend who was found dead Tuesday in the Overton Woods neighborhood.

Jamie Devon Brown was arrested Wednesday at the Gregg County Sheriff's Office in Longview and booked into the Gregg County Jail.

"It appears that there was an argument and struggle between the suspect and victim," Fort Worth homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman said.

Brown remained in jail Thursday facing a capital murder charge with bail set at $150,000, jail records show.

A passing motorist called 911 after spotting the woman's body in a grassy area next to the eastbound lane of Bellaire Drive at the intersection of Ranch View Road early Tuesday morning.

A police report identifies the victim as Kelly Lawson, 36.

Loughman said investigators believe the woman was shot where she was found.

Gregg County records list a Longview address for Brown. His Facebook page, however, indicates that he used to live in Longview but now lives in Fort Worth.

On Facebook, Brown indicates that he is a personal trainer and strength and conditioning coach who also works at a soda company.

According to Gregg County court records, Brown was sentenced to 15 years in prison in August 2002 after pleading guilty to aggravated robbery and aggravated assault in a plea deal with prosecutors.

Robert Hurst, a Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman, said Brown was paroled from prison in October 2016. He was discharged from parole in April 2017, Hurst said.

Brown has also been accused twice of family violence but those cases were ultimately dismissed, Gregg County records show.

After his release from parole last year, Brown posted on Facebook "Free at last" and talked of turning his life around.

"Thank you God for just blessing me to have another chance at life," he wrote in April 2017. "When I first went to my 1st prison I see a sign on the side of the facility that said Texas Dept of Correctional. In my mind I underlined Correctional cuz at that moment I began to think of ways to correct my life for the betterment."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...213435559.html

Death of woman found near home in southwest Fort Worth was homicide, police say
Updated June 20, 2018 11:24 AM
FORT WORTH

A shooting call early Tuesday morning led police to the body of woman found shot to death in a grassy area outside the wall of a gated community in a neighborhood in southwest Fort Worth.

The death of the victim, who was described as a white female in her mid-30s, is being investigated as a homicide, police said.

The name of the shooting victim has not been released by authorities, who have disclosed few details about the case.

Officers located the woman's body on a grassy area next to the eastbound lanes of Bellaire Drive at the intersection with Ranch View Road in the leafy Overton Woods neighborhood after a call at about 5:30 a.m. from a man who was driving by and saw the body in the grass, police said. Police said the woman was topless.

https://www.facebook.com/KevinKeller...zo3Jxt61koDRAc

Kevin Keller is feeling sad with Kelly Lawson and 2 others.
22 hrs ∑

Kelly Lawson you will be missed. Itís so sad to hear what happened to you. You were an amazing person and mother. Always smiling and laughing. I will never forget you. R.I.P. Kelly

https://www.facebook.com/kelly.lawso...c_location=ufi

Kelly Lawson updated her profile picture.
June 11 at 10:42 AM ∑

Old 06-22-2018, 08:33 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: Buck negro kidnapped, shot ex-mudshark to deff, dumped topless in a grassy area

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...213587949.html

'You have to have something really wrong with you to kill somebody's mother'

Updated June 21, 2018 08:49 PM
FORT WORTH

Their bond was so tight, people often considered Kelly Lawson and her two teen daughters more like sisters.

"They were so close, they were almost like triplets," said Angel Tunson, the teens' paternal grandmother.

So when police officers showed up Tuesday at the girls' maternal grandmother's house in Oklahoma, where the teens were spending part of their summer, the first person 13-year-old Baylin Harris thought to call was her mother.

"I was going to tell my mom I didn't know why police was there, 'I'm scared,' " Baylin recalled. "My mom didn't answer the phone. I assumed she was at work."