NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Armed Negro Killed By Cottage Grove, MN PD After Sexual Assault, Stealing Vehicles & Home Invasion

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/...home-invasion/

Armed Suspect Killed By Police In Cottage Grove After Sexual Assault, Stealing Vehicles & Home Invasion
November 4, 2019 at 6:00 pm

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Officials in Cottage Grove say a man is dead after a series of crimes that include sexual assault, stealing vehicles and invading a home Monday morning.

According to Maplewood police, the incident started around 8 a.m. when a man with a gun confronted a woman who was walking into her workplace in Maplewood. Police say he forced the victim into her car and told her to drive 6 miles to her home in St. Paul. That’s where he allegedly sexually assaulted her.

Police say he then stole her vehicle and drove to Cottage Grove’s Hidden Valley neighborhood. At around 8:30 a.m., the suspect used a handgun to steal a second vehicle from a residence.

At around 9 a.m. the suspect entered a residence in the same neighborhood, with four family members inside, Cottage Grove Director of Public Safety Pete Koerner said.

WCCO’s Erin Hassanzadeh spoke with a woman who says it was her family that was in that house. She wasn’t at home at the time.

“A gunman came into our house, barged right in, and went into our living room where my mom was, pointed a gun at her face and said, ‘Do you have any guns in the house?’ What’s going on?” Ally Patterson explained. “They were screaming that there were no guns and nothing is here. He said he didn’t want to harm anybody, he wanted to kill himself and just needed space to think.”

Patterson says the suspect pointed his gun at her parents’ heads multiple times before moving into their garage. That’s when her family made their escape to the neighbor’s house.

“He eventually came out in my dad’s truck from the garage and crashed the truck into a tree in my neighbor’s yard,” Patterson said.

Officials say the suspect, armed, then fled on foot before he eventually encountered police from several agencies. According to Koerner, a Cottage Grove officer and an officer from a neighboring agency fired their service weapons, killing the man.

Authorities strongly believe residents are no longer in danger, and believe there was only one suspect.

The female victim in the initial incident, who was bound by the suspect, was able to get free and contact police.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/...ion-nightmare/

‘I Think I’m Going To Die Today’: BCA Says Noah Erickson Killed Himself During Police Shootout After Crime Spree
November 5, 2019 at 9:51 pm

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The family held hostage by gunman on a crime spree is telling their story.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says Noah Ante Erickson, 34, left a trail of violence Monday night through three metro suburbs. He kidnapped a woman at gunpoint, sexually assaulted her, and then stole her vehicle. He then held a family hostage in their home before stealing their vehicle. Soon afterwards, Erickson died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound while exchanging gunfire with police.

Erickson, who had a long criminal history, was convicted in Anoka County in 2015 of leading police on a chase while his 7-year-old son was in the vehicle.

Even a simple glance at the staircase in her Cottage Grove home will never be the same for Lisa Patterson.

“This was a stranger with a gun here, and it all kind of came rushing back again for sure,” Lisa said.

The front door, still splintered at the handle, marks the beginning of nearly 10 minutes of terror, when Erickson burst through Monday morning.

“He was pointing the gun at my head and said, ‘Who is in the house?’ and I said, ‘My husband and my two children.’ And he said, ‘It’s OK, I’m not going to hurt you,’” Lisa said.

She says Erickson was erratic.

“He kept moving the gun from my head to his own head,” Lisa said.

Erickson then asked for some water. As they moved to the kitchen, she saw police outside with guns drawn.

“It kind of hits you that this is really for real,” Lisa said. “I gave him the water and I said, ‘I’m really afraid for my children upstairs,’ and he said, ‘It’s OK … I’m a dad, too.’ And he said, ‘I think I’m going to die today,’” Lisa said.

Upstairs, Craig soon became aware his wife’s life was in danger.

“I said, ‘I’m at the top of the stairs, I’m coming down,’ and it was very loud, he was yelling to me,” Craig said.