NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Senior Editor

Thumbs down ‘Cornerstore Caroline’ says she’s not racist - 9-year-old black boy who she claimed grabbed her butt

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/corner...gizes-to-kids/

‘Cornerstore Caroline’ says she’s not racist, apologizes to kids
By Khristina Narizhnaya, Tamar Lapin and Ruth Brown
October 12, 2018 | 10:21pm

You know “Barbecue Becky” and “Permit Patty” — now meet “Cornerstore Caroline.”

A wild viral video captured a white Brooklyn woman calling the cops on a 9-year-old black boy who she claimed grabbed her butt in a local bodega — but surveillance footage proves the kid never laid a hand on her.

“I want the cops here right now!” Teresa Sue Klein, 53, can be heard telling 911 in the cellphone clip taken Wednesday outside the Sahara Deli in Flatbush. “The son grabbed my ass, and she decided to yell at me,” she rants in reference to the boy’s mom.

The kid can be seen wailing outside the store as the crowd tries to comfort him and comes to his defense.

Nobody wants to touch your flat ass,” one sheboon sneers at Klein.

Another onlooker brands Klein “Corner Store Caroline” — à la monikers from other viral videos in which white women call the police on African-Americans over minor incidents.

Security footage from the bodega shows the boy carrying a backpack and a large plastic bag from Cookie’s department store as he passed Klein while exiting the deli, and his pack appears to brush against her.

“He was walking out with his mom and accidentally brushed up against her. His mother was right behind him,” a deli worker told The Post.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Senior Editor

Default Re: ‘Cornerstore Caroline’ says she’s not racist, apologizes to kids By Khristina Narizhnaya, Tamar

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/white-...ched-her-butt/

White woman calls cops on black child she says touched her butt
By Tamar Lapin
October 12, 2018 | 10:00am | Updated October 12, 2018 | 5:56pm

A white woman was captured on video calling the cops on a 9-year-old black child who she claimed grabbed her butt in a Brooklyn bodega, an accusation that outraged locals — and caused the kid to burst into tears.

“I want the cops here right now!” the woman, who identifies herself as a Flatbush resident named Teresa Klein, can be heard demanding over the phone. “The son grabbed my a– and she decided to yell at me.”

A crowd starts to form outside the Sahara Deli in Flatbush as the woman, in sunglasses and knee-high boots, continues to yell loudly into her phone, as frustrated residents implore her to “go home.”

The child can be seen wailing outside the bodega as the crowd tries to comfort him and come to his defense.

“Nobody wants to touch your flat a–,” one nigger sow ooks. Another person branded the accuser “Cornerstore Caroline,” an apparent reference to other recent viral videos of white women — “Barbecue Becky,” “Permit Patty” — calling the police on African-Americans over seemingly minor incidents.

At one point, Klein appears to realize she’s causing a spectacle, telling the crowd: “White lady calls the cops on black lady, I get it.”

Another white woman also walks up to confront her — and the two almost come to blows.

Jason Littlejohn, who filmed and posted the now-viral video on Wednesday, claimed the boy was being falsely accused.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Senior Editor

Default Re: ‘Cornerstore Caroline’ says she’s not racist, apologizes to kids By Khristina Narizhnaya, Tamar

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/the-mo...exual-assault/

‘Cornerstore Caroline’ oughta be mortified right about now
By Khristina Narizhnaya
October 12, 2018 | 1:54pm | Updated October 12, 2018 | 4:46pm

Surveillance footage from inside a Brooklyn bodega where a white woman called the cops on a 9-year-old boy, claiming he grabbed her butt, shows the kid didn’t lay a hand on the lady.

The video shows Teresa Klein standing at the counter of the Sahara Deli Market in Flatbush on Wednesday, paying for two bags of cat litter, as the boy walked past her to exit the store, followed by his mother.

The boy was carrying a backpack and a large plastic bag from Cookie’s department store across the street, and the bag appears to brush against Klein as he passes.

Klein immediately turns around and begins arguing with the fambly.

A deli worker told The Post on Friday, “He was walking out with his mom and accidentally brushed up against her. His mother was right behind him.”

Cellphone footage of the ensuing encounter, in which Klein called police on the boy while he bawled, went viral this week, earning Klein the nickname “Cornerstore Caroline,” an apparent reference to the moniker given to some other white women who called the cops on African-Americans over apparently minor incidents.

“His mother was saying she was going to call the police. Me and my son were recording it, thinking if the white [woman] call the police, who knows, maybe the mom could go to jail,” said customer Joni Torian, who witnessed the dispute.

“The mother was right behind him when she says he grabbed her very flat behind. Ain’t no mama gonna let her child sexually assault a woman. [The customer] started yelling, ‘Miss, you need to watch your son, he just grabbed my ass.’ It was kind of funny at first, but then she was saying, ‘I will call the cops.’ “

Old 10-13-2018, 04:37 AM
Junior News Editor

https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=klein

Klein Family History

GET STARTED
Klein Name Meaning

German, Dutch (also de Klein(e)) and Jewish (Ashkenazic): from Middle High German, Dutch, German klein ‘small’, or Yiddish kleyn. This was a nickname for a person of small stature, but is also often found as a distinguishing name for a junior male, usually a son, in names such as Kleinhans and Kleinpeter. This name is common and widespread throughout central and eastern Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatbush,_Brooklyn

Flatbush, Brooklyn

Quote:
During the 1970s and early 1980s, Flatbush experienced a shift in demographics as it went from being a mostly Irish, Italian and Jewish community to a mostly Caribbean community.

Several Jewish yeshivas are in the neighborhood, including the Mir Yeshiva, Yeshiva Rabbi Chaim Berlin, Yeshiva Torah Vodaas, Yeshiva Torah Temimah, Yeshiva Tiferes Yisroel, and the Yeshivah of Flatbush. Combined, they form a major center of Jewish learning.[25][26][27] The area had a total enrollment of 14,500 students estimated in 2004.[28]