NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:58 PM
The Bobster's Avatar
The Bobster The Bobster is offline
Senior Editor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 61,468
Default Re: On the menu: ghetto lobster

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/family...-by-hot-water/

Fambly plans to sue Applebee's after toddler scalded by hot water
By Gina Daidone and Georgett Roberts
October 12, 2018 | 4:11pm | Updated October 12, 2018 | 7:53pm

A toddler was severely burned by scalding hot water at a Queens Applebee’s — and the family plans to sue because they claim employees waited 20 minutes to call for help.

The tot, Cadien Scott Gaffney, was at the restaurant on Rockaway Boulevard in Rosedale with fambly on Oct. 5, when he grabbed and spilled a cup of piping hot water, which the fambly had requested to sterilize utensils , a fambly spokeswoman told The Post.

Employees did not call 911 for over 20 minutes , the fambly’s attorney is now claiming.

But Applebee’s is countering that security footage shows staffers acted “with urgency.”

In an e-mailed statement to The Post on Friday, a rep for Doherty Enterprises, the Applebee’s franchisee, said the establishment has reviewed the police report and video footage of the incident and “can confirm our team members acted with urgency, calling for medical assistance while helping the family.

“We are truly saddened by this accident and our thoughts are with the child and family,” the representative said.

“We applaud the response from local police and EMTs, who were onsite within minutes.

“We were unable to obtain the family’s contact information onsite but would like to assist in any way that we can as we continue to cooperate with authorities. As always, the safety of our guests is top priority.”

Customers at the Applebee’s on Friday agreed that the parents were the ones responsible for protecting the child from the hot water — and for getting him immediate aid.

“Why did she wait to call 911? [If] my baby is burned, my first response
is to secure my kid. And then call 911,” said Shaquana Jennings, 31, a culinary student and the mother of two boys ages 9
and 5.

“It’s not their (Applebee’s) fault. She axed fo da hot watah… She should have been mo aware of the chile and da hot watah,” Jennings said, adding,
“I don’t understand how she can be suing them for a mistake she made.”

Applebee’s may be at some fault if the server placed the hot water too near the baby, said Michael Douglas, 35, who was at the restaurant with his 18-month-old son.

Still, he added, “If my baby gets hurt, I call 911 myself right away.”

Regardless of fault, the child suffered severe burns.

“He’s crying, he’s agitated, he’s not eating, he’s not sleeping,” said fambly spokeswoman Kourtnei Patterson, 35.

“He is a baby so he wants to play, he’ll get up and try [to play] but he collapses in pain, screaming bloody murder.”
__________________
Those who find the truth hateful just hate hearing the truth.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.