Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Senior Editor

Default Re: Owner of limo company in deadly crash was once an FBI informant

https://nypost.com/2018/10/10/son-of...-deadly-crash/

Son of limo company owner charged with homicide in deadly crash
By Bruce Golding
October 10, 2018 | 12:13pm | Updated October 10, 2018 | 5:59pm

The operator of the limo company involved in the crash that killed 20 people upstate was arrested Wednesday and charged with criminally negligent homicide, state police said.

Nauman Hussain, 28, was taken into custody after he was pulled over while traveling with his family on I-787 in Watervliet, north of Albany, state police Superintendent George Beach II said at an afternoon news conference.

Beach said the charge was based on a failed Sept. 4 inspection at which the limo that crashed was ordered taken out of service, as well as an Aug. 25 traffic stop during which its driver was ticketed for not having the proper license while behind the wheel.

“The sole responsibility for that vehicle being on the road on Saturday rests with Nauman Hussain,” Beach said.

The single count lodged against Hussain names all 20 victims, and additional counts could be filed by Schoharie County prosecutors, Beach said.

Asked if anyone else could face charges, Beach said, “That remains under investigation.”

The limo company, Prestige Limousine, is owned by Hussain’s father, former FBI informant Shahed Hussain.

Schoharie County District Attorney Susan Mallery didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

Earlier in the day, Prestige lawyer Lee Kindlon told reporters that Nauman Hussain “is not guilty,” adding: “The police jumped the gun in charging him with any crime.”

He also suggested the state “faces an incredible amount of liability if they’re found to be at fault” for redesigning the intersection where the limo blew past a stop sign before crashing.

Hussain spent several hours being interviewed by state police investigators on Monday, the Albany Times Union has reported.

Kindlon on Tuesday told the New York Times that the elder Hussain has been in his native Pakistan for some time for health-related reasons.

“He has indicated he is willing to come back if the investigation requires,” Kindlon added.

The customized 2001 Ford Excursion that crashed in Schoharie on Saturday failed a safety inspection last month and should not have been on the road, officials have said.

Driver Scott Lisnicchia, 53, also didn’t have a required endorsement on his license to operate the stretch limo.

Lisinicchia was ticketed this past summer for not having the required license to operate the limo, according to a new report, and officials said he still didn’t have the Passenger Transport endorsement on his license at the time of Saturday’s wreck.

Nauman Hussain was officially notified about Lisinicchia’s ticket the same day it was issued on Aug. 25, and was also told the limo wasn’t properly registered with the feds, according to the Albany Times Union.

All 18 people inside the limo, including Lisnicchia, were killed when it smashed into a drainage ditch outside the Apple Barrel Country Store & Cafe.

Two bystanders in the store’s parking lot also died when they were struck by a parked car that was hit by the limo.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Senior Editor

Default Re: Owner of limo company in deadly crash was once an FBI informant

https://nypost.com/2018/10/10/wife-o...ellent-driver/

Nigger beast wife of driver in deadly limo crash: My husband was an ‘excellent’ driver
By Natalie Musumeci
October 10, 2018 | 11:37am | Updated October 10, 2018 | 2:05pm

The wife of the driver in the deadly upstate limo crash that killed 20 people insisted Wednesday that her husband was an “excellent” motorist who had previously voiced safety concerns about the fleet vehicles used by his employer.

“He did complain. There were a few times where he told me, like I overheard him say, ‘I’m not going to drive this, like this, you need to give me another car,'” Kim Lisinicchia, the wife of Scott Lisinicchia — who died in the horrific Saturday crash along with his 17 passengers and two pedestrians — told CBS News.

However, she continued, “he trusted in what the limo company said, that the cars were all right.”

Kim said Scott had been working part-time for more than a year for Prestige Limousine — the company that owned the doomed limo, which failed a safety inspection last month and was ordered to be kept off the road.

Government records show Prestige has a dismal inspection record, with its vehicles failing four of five inspections during the past 24 months.

“They should have been more responsible. You have a company where you have people’s lives … in your hands. That’s unacceptable,” Kim Lisinicchia told the news outlet.

Kim and Scott Lisinicchia
Facebook

Officials say Scott Lisinicchia, 53, who blew a stop sign and crashed the customized 2001 Ford Excursion in Schoharie, was not properly licensed to operate a limo with 15 or more seats.

Even so, his wife defended him.

“I don’t know what that’s about,” Kim said, adding, “Even if he didn’t have the proper license, this still would’ve happened and I feel like he still would have got blamed.”

Kim said Scott was in “excellent health” and was an “excellent driver” who worked “for over 20-plus years. He drove a tractor-trailer.”

The widow noted that she knew “something was wrong” Saturday when she hadn’t heard from Scott for about three hours.

“I felt something, and so I called his boss … not the owner, but the son of the limo company. I was like, ‘Did you hear from Scott?’ And he said, ‘I’m glad you called me, ’cause there was an accident,’” Kim recalled.

She went on to say: “I feel for these victims, I feel for them … I am in no way trying to make it seem like it’s about me or my husband. I just want my husband to be vindicated … I have to stand for him ’cause nobody else will.”

George Longworth, a lawyer for the family of Scott Lisinicchia, previously put the blame on the vehicle.

“The family believes that, unbeknownst to him, he was provided with a vehicle that was neither roadworthy nor safe for any of its occupants.”

Four sisters and their husbands were among the 20 people killed in the crash.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.