Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Senior Editor

Default Ex-boyfriend suspected of gunning down woman in Brooklyn

https://nypost.com/2018/10/08/woman-...g-for-suspect/

Ex-boyfriend suspected of gunning down woman in Brooklyn
By Stephanie Pagones, Sarah Trefethen and Natalie Musumeci
October 8, 2018 | 3:01am | Updated October 8, 2018 | 11:56am

A young mom of two was shot dead in front of her mother in Brooklyn on Sunday night, and the victim’s ex-boyfriend later turned himself in to cops, police said.

Sade Sanchez, 24, was blasted five times in her shoulder, chest, stomach and neck around 10:30 p.m. outside her home on Menahan Street near St. Nicholas Avenue in Bushwick, cops said.

Emergency responders rushed Sanchez to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, but she could not be saved.

Cops said her former boyfriend, 26-year-old Gabriel Rivera, was being eyed in the slaying and surrendered to police at the 83rd Precinct on Monday morning. Charges are pending, they said.

According to Sanchez’s family, Rivera is the father of her two boys, ages 3 and 6.

Gabriel Rivera
DCPI

The victim’s aunt, Diana Santos, said Monday that Sanchez has repeatedly called the police on Rivera — most recently as Saturday — and even filed for an order of protection against him last week.

The order, Santos claimed, was “never served.”

“It hasn’t been good for a while,” Santos said of Sanchez and Rivera’s relationship. “Recently she decided she had had enough, and that’s what he couldn’t stand.”

Santos added that the family is struggling with how to tell Sanchez’ children the horrific news that their mother is dead.

“They know something has happened because how could they not?” Santos said. “They just keep asking, ‘Where is she Tia Diana?’”

“All they knew was they were taken sleeping to my house,” Santos said of the children. “She was supposed to come right back. She just never came back.”

The aunt called them “two little boys that [Sanchez] loved so much. No matter what was going on in her life she sheltered them… they just always wanted to be with her.”

Frank Morel, 45, the owner of the nearby Stop 1 Deli on Wyckoff Avenue, said that Sanchez was in the store minutes before she was killer.

“She was in here last night before it happened,” Morel said. “Then I closed the store. Like 10 minutes later, I heard the shots.”

Morel described Sanchez as an affectionate mother who often would buy treats for her kids at the store.

“She would come in here and buy candy for them, say ‘I love you’ all the time. She was so lovely. It’s unbelievable,” he said. “I know this girl since she was like two-years-old.”

Police say Rivera has four prior arrests on his record dating back to 2007.

His most recent bust came in March of this year for grand larceny in Brooklyn, according to cops.

Rivera’s record also includes an arrest in December 2015 for passing in between train cars, a charge of assault in June 2015, and a charge of criminal mischief in May 2007, police said.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.