NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > Post breaking news links on minority and migrant crime

Notices

Old 02-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Unknown thug rapper's grandparents shot and burned up

https://www.wkrg.com/mobile-county/f...mages-another/
Old 02-21-2021, 10:22 AM
Publisher/Editor-in-chief

Default Re: Unknown thug rapper's grandparents shot and burned up

MPD investigating deaths of local rapper HoneyKomb Brazy’s grandparents as homicide

Quote:
UPDATE 2/18/2021 (3:51 p.m.) — Public Safety Director James Barber confirms the deaths are being investigated homicides. Barber says the fire damage is slowing the search for the cause of death and other evidence. Family members told WKRG News 5 they were shot to death and the house set on fire. Barber says it’s too early in the investigation to confirm that.

“We don’t know how it happened, but we do know someone came and did this. We know it was gruesome, like no one deserved to be taken from here like that. Not only our family, no human life. They had no regards for human life when they did what they did. This just don’t make no sense. You have hurt so many lives, daughters, sons, grandkids, great grandkids. You’re talking about a couple that had been together over 50 years. Everybody knew them and loved them. To know them was to love them. They didn’t deserve this. Who does something like this? When do they stop? When is enough is enough. Y’all done took two innocent people here that lived their lives and to be this age and to leave here like that – that’s crazy,” said Letecha Lang, a family member.

The family says Lelia and Tony Lewis were beloved. “My momma and my daddy was the head, and the tail, the roots,” said Tonika Jones, their daughter.

The family confirms one of their grandsons is local rapper HoneyKomb Brazy. In an Instagram tribute to the two, he wrote: “Long live grandma n grandpa y’all was my heart fr I put y’all in every song I hate y’all got caught up in my (expletive).” Jones said when asked about the rapper, “he’s broken, he’s broken. He doesn’t know how to feel. That was his momma not just his grandmamma. She was a mother to all our kids, she was more than a grandmamma, he was more than a granddaddy, he was a father, he helped us raise our children.”

The fire started around 6:30 Wednesday night on Dr. Thomas Avenue, and was so large, it spread to the home next door. Pearlie Howard lives there with her son, Jesse Hall. They say they didn’t see what happened, but heard the gunshots. “We hit the floor, saw bullets fly across us, so we got low and waited for 10 minutes and then finally came out of the house and we saw both houses on fire,” said Hall.

The family of the Lewis’ – now waiting and hoping for justice. “People like this though don’t need to be on the streets. People like this definitely need to be in prison,” said Lang.

ATF investigators have also been on the scene of the investigation. (more....
Quote:
UPDATE 2/18/2021 (10:58 a.m.) — Family members of the two people found dead after a house fire on Dr. Thomas Ave. in Mobile confirm they were the grandparents of local rapper HoneyKomb Brazy.

The family members identified the couple as Lelia and Tony Lewis. According to the family, they were shot and killed, and their home was then set on fire.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Gofundme for rappers dead grandparents seeks $20000 ....so far has $50

https://www.al.com/news/2021/02/fami...last-week.html
Old 02-22-2021, 09:45 PM
Publisher/Editor-in-chief

Default Re: Gofundme for rappers dead grandparents seeks $20000 ....so far has $50

Family of rapper Honeykomb Brazy’s slain grandparents set up GoFundMe after their death’s last week