NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Junior News Editor

Default 5-year-old girl taken to Birmingham hospital for surgery after Millbrook sexual assault by the negro

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...lt/3598913002/

5-year-old girl taken to Birmingham hospital after Millbrook sexual assault
Updated 11:19 a.m. CT April 27, 2019

A man has been charged with the rape of a 5-year-old girl, who had to be transported to a Birmingham hospital for surgery following the Thursday sexual assault.

Steven Sarandon Barnes, 28 of Montgomery, is charged with first-degree rape, chemical endangerment of a child and second-degree possession of marijuana.

Millbrook Police Chief PK Johnson said he's proud of his investigators for the swift arrest and that he hopes Barnes is "never able to do this to anyone again."

"I will say that this is one of the worst cases that Iíve seen in my 31 years in law enforcement," Johnson said in an emailed statement.

Police began investigating the assault after the girl was taken to Prattville Baptist Hospital on Thursday.

The girl was treated in the emergency room but had to be taken to the Children's Hospital in Birmingham for surgery.

As of Saturday morning, Johnson said he believes the girl is in stable condition.

District Attorney Randall Houston said they will work Monday to increase the charges and bond amount.

"Anybody who would do this to a child is a complete and total danger to the society and does not need to be roaming about the community where children are at large," Houston said in a phone call. "This is one sick bastard who I hope never sees the light of day. We'll do everything we can to make that happen."