NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 09-13-2020, 03:03 PM
Junior News Editor

Default Morrison, TN WM, 23 shot dead carjacking /F, 28 shot dead by suicidal negro on I-24

https://www.wsmv.com/news/authoritie...4cebdddcc.html

Search ends for armed and dangerous suspect after deadly I-24 shooting, carjackings

Posted on Sep 13, 2020

COFFEE COUNTY, TN (WSMV) - The search has ended for an "armed and dangerous" suspect after a deadly shooting on Interstate 24 Sunday morning in Coffee County.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says the suspect, 29-year-old Dangelo Dorsey of St. Louis, MO, is no longer a threat to public safety after a brief chase along I-24 east.

Dorsey crashed a vehicle he was driving at mile marker 156.

A female hostage in the backseat of the vehicle is safe.

Agents are also investigating multiple carjackings in surrounding counties that may be related.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:18 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: Search ends for armed and dangerous negro after deadly I-24 shooting, carjackings

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...24/5786660002/

3 dead, including suspect, following multiple shootings and carjacking on I-24, TBI says

9/13/2020

Three people are dead, including a suspect, following a kidnapping, a carjacking and multiple shootings Sunday on Interstate 24
, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Dangelo Dorsey, 29, is suspected of killing two people, one he may have known and one he did not, TBI Director David Rausch told reporters Sunday evening.

After crashing a stolen car while being chased by law enforcement, Dorsey killed himself, Rausch said.

The series of events began about 9:30 a.m. when Dorsey opened fire inside a vehicle traveling west on I-24 near Beechgrove in Coffee County, according to the TBI. One person was killed and another injured.

As traffic came to a stop, Rausch said, Dorsey tried to carjack a nearby vehicle and shot a woman in the hand and a truck driver in the face.

Rausch said Dorsey eventually carjacked a Ford Mustang and ordered the married couple inside the vehicle to drive him to their home in Morrison, where he took two guns and a blue Toyota Rav 4.

He forced the husband and wife to leave with him and at some point shot and killed the husband and forced his body from the vehicle
, the TBI said.

Authorities recovered the man's body near exit 111B on westbound I-24.

Around 3:30 p.m., law enforcement located the vehicle heading east on I-24. Following a chase that reached 100 miles per hour, Dorsey flipped the car around 3:45 p.m. and killed himself, Rausch said.

The woman was safe.

The TBI is investigating the series of events, including the original shooting, the carjacking, the shooting death of the male hostage and Dorsey’s death.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on...-coffee-county

TBI identifies two victims killed Sunday in I-24 shootings, kidnappings

updated 7:25 AM, Sep 14, 2020

BEECHGROVE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Two people were killed in a shooting and subsequent hostage situation on Interstate 24, Sunday. Investigators say the suspect died by suicide.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director David Rausch said the ordeal began at 9:30 a.m. when Dangelo Dorsey, of St. Louis, Missouri, opened fire inside a vehicle traveling westbound near Beechgrove in Coffee County -- killing 28-year-old Darcey Johnson and injuring another.

The shooting caused traffic to stop on the interstate. Investigators say Dorsey then tried to carjack a woman and shot her in the hand. At some point, a truck driver was shot in the face.
thumbnail_image0.jpg

The TBI says Dorsey then carjacked a man and woman and forced them to drive him to their home in Morrison, located in Warren County, where he forced them into another vehicle. Rausch says at some point, the situation escalated, and Dorsey shot and killed the man and forced his body from the car.

Investigators identified the victim as 23-year-old Phillip Jordan Stevens. His body was later recovered along I-24 westbound near Exit 111-B.

Shortly after 3:30 p.m., officers spotted the vehicle traveling east. A brief high-speed chase ensued before the vehicle crashed. The TBI says Dorsey took his own life. The female hostage was found safe.

The TBI said this would be a “long and complex investigation." Officials said Dorsey does have an extensive criminal record in Missouri. However, he was not wanted by law enforcement on any outstanding warrants at the time of Sunday’s crime spree.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:32 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: Morrison, TN WM, 23 shot dead carjacking /F, 28 shot dead by suicidal negro on I-24

https://www.facebook.com/campaign.co...GSnuqApERKw8e2

Campaign Church of God
14h

Please help us keep the Stevens family in prayer. Sadly, Phillip Jordan Stevens was murdered today in a carjacking incident on  Interstate 24. I work with his mother who teaches kindergarten at West Elementary. His wife who is pregnant and teaches at Hickory Creek Elementary was with him when he was  executed and dumped on the side of the road. She is safe but the family is broken and needing prayers. We as a community need to stand together in support for this precious family. Let us never take for granted the time God gives us and always remember to love one another.