NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Negro arrest made in random stabbing attack on WF bicyclist, 60 under West Palm bridge

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...oVJbdEfKYzMWP/

Arrest made in random stabbing attack on bicyclist under West Palm bridge

5/13/18

WEST PALM BEACH —

Police have arrested a suspect in the stabbing of a 60-year-old woman last month as she rode her bike under the Royal Park Bridge in downtown West Palm Beach.

Investigators announced late Sunday that they had issued an arrest warrant in the case for D’Antoine Roselle Jackson, 22, who is currently in jail in St. Lucie County on unrelated charges.

Jackson now faces charges of attempted murder and attempted robbery in the April 8 attack, which unnerved city residents for its brazenness.

RELATED: ‘He was just waiting for someone’: West Palm woman recounts stabbing attack under bridge

The 60-year-old woman who was the victim in the case was on a Sunday morning bike ride along a popular stretch of Flagler Drive when a man grabbed her, attempted to reach into her backpack, then stabbed her in the chest before running away.

“The guy was sitting there waiting, and he just jumped me,” the woman, who asked that she only be identified by her first name, Suzanne, told The Palm Beach Post in an interview last month. “He just came at me, just rammed me with his hand, grabbed my bike to stop me.”

A West Palm Beach police spokesman said detectives linked Jackson to the crime through DNA evidence on the woman’s backpack.

https://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...zjPDGFKGqbItK/

‘He was just waiting for someone’: West Palm woman recounts stabbing attack under bridge

Posted: 12:56 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, 2018

WEST PALM BEACH —

It began as a routine Sunday morning bicycle ride for Suzanne, a 60-year-old West Palm Beach resident. It ended in the most frightening moment of her life.

She was traveling along the Flagler Drive waterfront on the morning of April 8 when she noticed a man sitting near the Royal Park Bridge, waiting.

In a moment, Suzanne recalled, the man grabbed her, tried to reach into her backpack, then stabbed her in the chest before running away.

“The guy was sitting there waiting, and he just jumped me,” said Suzanne, who asked that she only be identified by her first name. “He just came at me, just rammed me with his hand, grabbed my bike to stop me.”

She recalled the experience Wednesday, four days after she was released from St. Mary’s Medical Center. Suzanne said the man managed to force her to the ground as he tried to reach into her backpack.

“I was just screaming,” Suzanne recalled. “He told me to, ‘Shut up, (expletive),’ took the knife out of his pocket, stabbed me once and pulled it out.