Senior Editor

Default Hispanic Man accused of stealing over 100 cellphones at Coachella

http://nypost.com/2017/04/17/man-acc...-at-coachella/

Man accused of stealing over 100 cellphones at Coachella
By David K. Li
April 17, 2017 | 12:37pm | Updated

Reinaldo De Jesus Henao
Cathedral City Police Dept.

A Queens man swiped more than 100 cellphones from fans at the Coachella music festival in California and was nabbed after victims activated their “Find My iPhone” app, cops said Monday.

Reinaldo De Jesus Henao, 36, did most of his sticky-fingered work Friday night at the Sahara Tent of the massive music, arts, food and culture event in the Southern California desert, about 130 miles east of Los Angeles, Indio police Sgt. Dan Marshall said.

Once people started losing their phones, they used Apple’s app to locate their missing devices — and all dots allegedly led back to the 6-foot, 250-pound suspect.

“A bunch people activated their `find my phone’ and pointed at, ‘Hey, it’s that guy, my phone, my dot, it’s moving with that guy,’ ” Marshall said.

Security guards grabbed Henao for Indio cops, who found more than 100 presumably stolen cellphones in his backpack, officials said.

At least 20 of the phones have been reunited with their owners while others are still with the festival’s lost and found, Marshall said. Henao was booked on suspicion of grand theft and receiving stolen property, according to jail records.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the suspect had traveled to the famed two-weekend-long event just to rip off cellphones, Marshall said.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.