Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 01-12-2020, 06:17 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Muncie, IN WM, 19 drug dealer shot to death by the negro

https://www.thestarpress.com/story/n...ht/4429242002/

Report: Bandit who fatally shot Muncie teen said, 'I want him to see my face'
Updated 7:22 p.m. ET Jan. 10, 2020

MUNCIE, Ind. An 18-year-old Muncie man was arrested early Friday in the Thursday slaying of another local man.

Dimorrea J. Benning was preliminarily charged with felony murder and armed robbery in the shooting death of 19-year-old Seth N. Barton.

Deputy Police Chief Melissa Pease said Friday that city police were searching for a second suspect in the homicide. His name was not released.

Benning was being held without bond in the Delaware County jail.

A probable cause affidavit reflected the slaying at White River Apartments, in the 2500 block of West White River Boulevard stemmed from a drug-related robbery.

It indicated Benning and his unidentified accomplice had been at the apartment earlier in the morning "to carry out a previously arranged drug transaction."

A witness said Benning and the other man later returned to the apartment "uninvited" and both began pointing guns at "the three individuals inside the apartment" and demanding money.

In the document, city police investigator Dustin Lee wrote that the bandits took "guns, money and a bag that possibly contained drugs and money."

The report indicated Barton was apparently asleep during the holdup, and that the unidentified gunman began kicking him, saying, "I want him to see my face, and know who did this."

http://gunmemorial.org/2020/01/09/seth-barton

Seth Barton, age 19