NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 05:27 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Milwaukee WM, 54 shot dead in head after altercation with negro - Arrest Warrant

https://www.cbs58.com/news/police-re...ation-attorney

Police release photos of man suspected in 'senseless' killing of Milwaukee immigration attorney

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 4:37 PM CDT

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Family members are in disbelief over the death of an immigration attorney who they say always stuck up for the underdog.

The 54-year-old Milwaukee man, identified by family and friends as Jason Cleereman, was shot and killed Tuesday evening, Sept. 22.

Near the Holton Street bridge, a memorial of flowers and candles now mark the spot near where Cleereman was killed. His sister, Vanessa Maldonado, told CBS 58 he was a beloved immigration attorney, Army vet, husband and a father of two.

"He worked tirelessly in his community because he wanted it to be safe for his kids and his wife there," Maldonado said. "I hope he knows what impact he made on everybody, too, because he really was just wonderful."

Milwaukee police said a bicyclist was involved in an altercation with Cleereman on Tuesday night near Holton and Brady. Officers said the suspect fired shots killing him. Cleereman's wife, Evanjelina, witnessed the shooting.

"My sister-in-law called me when it happened, and (Jason was) such a prankster I thought she was kidding," Maldonado.

Police released surveillance photos on Thursday of the man suspected of shooting Cleereman. Maldonado called the situation "extremely senseless."

"(It was) some altercation. I don't know how that deserves a bullet in the head,"
she said "I can't even like express the rage and all the other feelings that come with it."

Milwaukee police said the suspect is described as a Black man, 30-35 years of age, standing 6'-6'2" and 190-200 pounds with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a black, hooded vest, white T-shirt with a design on front and jeans. He was riding a dark-colored bicycle and was armed with a gun.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: Milwaukee WM, 54 shot dead in head after altercation with negro

https://www.fox6now.com/news/arrest-...-rage-shooting

Arrest warrant for man accused of killing attorney in road rage shooting
10/12/2020

MILWAUKEE - An arrest warrant has been issued for a Milwaukee man accused of fatally shooting Jason Cleereman, a Milwaukee immigration attorney, during a road rage incident near Brady Street and Holton Street on Sept. 22. Prosecutors say he was out on bond at the time of the shooting in separate cases -- released in March.

Theodore Edgecomb,30, faces one count of first-degree reckless homicide, use of a dangerous weapon, one count of felony bail jumping and a third count of misdemeanor bail jumping.

Cleereman died from a single gunshot wound to his head, an autopsy revealed. He also suffered blunt force injuries to his face.

A criminal complaint says Cleereman's wife told investigators she was driving westbound on Brady with both the driver's side and passenger's side windows down when she saw a man on a bicycle headed east in the westbound lanes. She said she had to swerve to miss him, and Cleereman said, "What the heck!"

At the light at Humboldt and Brady, the bicyclist pulled alongside them, leaning into the front passenger window, asking Cleereman, "Are you talking to me?" When Cleereman said, "Yes," he was punched, and began bleeding, according to prosecutors.

The bicyclist then continued west on Brady, turning north at Holton and Brady. Cleereman's wife said Cleereman told her to turn north on Holton, where he got out of the vehicle.

At this point, Cleereman's wife said her husband approached the bicyclist, and she saw that the bicyclist had a gun. She said she yelled to her husband about the gun, but "he did not hear her." She then saw the man shoot her husband before looking at her "as though he was contemplating shooting her."