NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Junior News Editor

Default 11-year-old confronts father, Jiggaboo Johnson who raped her in heartbreaking testimony

https://nypost.com/2019/07/30/11-yea...ing-testimony/

11-year-old confronts father who raped her in heartbreaking testimony
July 30, 2019 | 4:18pm

An 11-year-old girl whose father was convicted of repeatedly raping her courageously told him how deeply he traumatized her in a Manhattan courtroom Tuesday — but said she still loved him.

“On a daily basis I have a low self-esteem and feel like a waste of space. I sometimes wonder if I were really worth a lot, why would someone so close to me hurt me in such a way?” she said shortly before her father, Bryan Johnson, 41, was sentenced to 25 years to life for the depraved crimes.

“I can honestly say that I still do love my father despite what he has done to me,” she said in a calm, steady voice.

The girl had lived with her grandparents while younger but longed to spend more time with her mother and father, she told a heartbroken courtroom.

“When I heard that I was going to live with my dad I was very happy,” she said. “I would finally be able to see my mom more and also be able to live with a parent. I wish I hadn’t had such high expectations since I was heavily let down.”

The young girl was just 8 years old when the physical and sexual abuse began. “After time I started to feel more and more hurt to the point where I felt nothing at all,” she recalled. “I was told I couldn’t live with my mother because she didn’t want me.”

What she didn’t know at the time was that her mom wanted to see her but her father wouldn’t let her.

The child didn’t initially go to the police because she didn’t want to put her dad in prison.

But the abuse would become too much for her to bear, and she finally confided to an online religious advisor when she was 10. Johnson was eventually arrested.

BRYAN K JOHNSON
Custody Record
Age 41
Race Black
NY: New York City Department of Correction
ID Number 3491800981
Custody Status In Custody
Custody Detail New York City Department of Corrections