NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 06:37 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Video shows negro Kang beat HF alone in Miami’s Metromover before attacking 2 others

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...is-metromover/

Video shows man beat woman alone in Miami’s Metromover before attacking 2 others

Updated: September 18, 2020, 11:17 pm

MIAMI – Surveillance video shows Joshua James King recently beating up Andrea Puerta while she was alone inside Miami’s Metromover, police said. She said she had never seen him before.

King, 25, punched Puerta, 29, more than 20 times during the Sept. 4 attack. He kicked, pushed, and slammed her headfirst. She suffered a concussion.

“I remember that I closed my hands and I said, 'STOP! STOP! He did not stop," Puerta said. “There was a moment when he said, ‘Sorry’ and I looked at him and he punched me and after that, I don’t know what happened.”

Puerta said she passed out during the beating, and she managed to walk out of the Metromover in a daze and called 911.

Court records show officers arrested him and a case was filed two days later. King is facing three counts of aggravated battery charges.

Officers said Puerta wasn’t King’s only victim. They are accusing him of attacking two other men in the Metromover that same day.

More than two weeks after the attack, Puerta still has a broken rib, a swollen jaw, a black eye and a bruised arm. She is worried King will strike again.

Puerta said she doesn’t know King, but she was horrified when she learned he has a daughter. She believes that a man who is that violent with a stranger in public shouldn’t be anywhere near children.

“I don’t know how I am alive,” Puerta said.

Records show King was released Sept. 10 on a $1,500 bond and he is set to appear in Miami-Dade County court on Sept. 25.