NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 05:37 AM
Senior Editor

Default Re: New York City - Miscegenous Mayor 'Comrade' Bill De Blasio in the news

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/nyc-to...irus-pandemic/

NYC to release 300 more Rikers inmates amid coronavirus pandemic
By Craig McCarthy
March 25, 2020 | 7:25am

About 300 more inmates on Rikers Island or other city facilities will be released as the city tries to stop the spread of the coronavirus through its jail system, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

The few hundred inmates are serving less than yearlong sentences for misdemeanors or non-violent felonies, the mayor said Tuesday.

“Some have many months, some have only a few months, some have only weeks, but I’m going to treat this category across the board,” de Blasio said.

“We will move to release those 300 inmates immediately,” the mayor said, adding it may take a few days to process.

The mayor said he is also working with the District Attorneys and New York state to release another 800 inmates. About 700 of those people were jailed on technical parole violations.

“I am saying across the entire population it is imperative to me that anyone over 70 and anyone who has one of those five pre-existing conditions, should be released as well,” de Blasio said, calling on other agencies to act.

No one jailed on domestic violence charges or sexual offenses will be cut free, according to the mayor who said, “we are not prepared to release them at this time.”

“Although we’ll continue to look at cases individually, I’m not comfortable releasing those individuals at this point.”

The city has been reviewing hundreds of cases after a weekend where its jail system the largest outbreak of coronavirus cases in lockups in the county.

A few dozen inmates have already been released.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:20 AM
Top Reporter

Location: I live wherever I can to avoid African N-word violence.
Default de Blasio to release jail inmates, including Rikers Island, to prevent spread of Coronavirus

Mayor Bill de Blasio: New York City will release [300] select inmates who are over 70 and have certain pre-existing conditions

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-...19-2020-3?op=1

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on March 24 that he plans to release select inmates from city jails, including Rikers Island, to prevent infections during the coronavirus pandemic ...
NYC Looks to Release 1,000+ Inmates as Tri-State Jails Try to Manage COVID-19 Spread

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...pread/2339878/

Meanwhile Brooklyn Crapper Tekashi 6ix9ine is among various inmates in New York who are requesting a release amid the spread of COVID-19 inside the state's prison system.

About Rikers Island...
--costs the city approximately $209,000 to detain one person for one year at Rikers Island. Math: releasing up to 1300 would save NY up to $271 Million the first year.
--has a reputation for violence, both abuse and neglect of inmates, attracting increased media and judicial scrutiny that has resulted in numerous rulings against the New York City government, and numerous assaults by inmates on uniformed and civilian staff, resulting in often serious injuries.
--video game Tom Clancy's The Division depicts inmates of the facility escaping during a pandemic-level outbreak in New York City, and wreaking havoc in Manhattan, targeting and brutalizing police officers, while terrorizing civilians.

Those released, will all be good boys, model citizens on the outside.
I wonder who, is buying up Rikers Island getaway?