Notices

Old 02-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Senior Editor

Default Re: MS-13 gang growing extremely dangerous, FBI says

https://nypost.com/2019/02/08/ms-13-...rival-in-jail/

MS-13 members charged for attacking rival in jail
By Emily Saul
February 8, 2019 | 5:51pm

Luis Rivas, center, was one of three busted for attacking a fellow inmate they believed to be a rival gang member. U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York

Three reputed MS-13 members have been busted for attacking a fellow inmate they believed to be a rival gang member, city authorities said Friday.

The assault, caught on surveillance footage, allegedly shows Luis Rivas, Dennis Cabrera and Javier Rodriguez jumping their target inside the Tombs jail on Oct. 22, punching, kicking and stabbing him with a makeshift blade.

When they were done, Rivas allegedly flashed the unnamed victim an MS-13 hand signal.

The attack happened some 20 minutes after Cabrera was recorded on a jailhouse phone call whining to his girlfriend.

“A Latin King came in here, you know, and we have let him be, but now these guys want to get him, and they want to stab him,” he said, according to Brooklyn federal court documents.

“There’s only three of us here right now. Supposedly the three of us have to do it … If not, the one that would be stabbed would be me.

“I’m telling you that sometimes I feel like taking my own damn life. This thing is garbage.”

The trio faces assault-in-aid-of racketeering charges.

At the time of the beat-down, they were variously incarcerated on charges of attempted murder, assault and robbery.

If convicted on the federal charges, they face up to 20 years behind bars.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.