View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Indian Brave Sees Red After Anger Management Completed, Murders Girlfriend 2 Days Later

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...riend/5975780/
Man completed anger management program days before he allegedly killed girlfriend

Updated: January 12, 2021 06:24 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- A judge dismissed battery charges against a man two days before he was accused of killing his girlfriend.

Police say Nathaniel Natonabah, 34, shot his girlfriend, Yolanda Chee, 45, in the head Friday night.

APD reports that the two were fighting when the shooting occurred.

"I leave my window open and so that was the extent of what I heard," said Michael Burt, who lives near where the shooting took place. "If there was an altercation it seemed slight. I’m so surprised that someone got shot from it."

Natonabah also allegedly got in a shootout with Chee’s son, who went to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Natonabah suffered a gunshot wound to the chest, and was being treated at a local hospital. He's charged with murder in addition to other charges.

According to court documents, Natonabah was arrested around a year ago for showing up at a man’s house and beating him up, claiming that the man had a romantic relationship with Chee. She was reportedly at the house.

Natonabah’s punishment for that crime was completing an anger management program. When he did, the charges were dropped. Two days later, Chee was killed.