PDA

View Full Version : WM Jersey City Cop, 39 + 2 Nigga Hebrew Israelites + 3Jooz Shot Dead Kosher Market

The Bobster
12-10-2019, 12:27 PM
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/multiple-police-officers-shot-in-jersey-city?fbclid=IwAR0x0nY530LeDts_923J-SFe4ss8BA4QrtyA9x8pHcbgifDuCA1aA-_qByw

Multiple police officers shot in Jersey City
Published 2 hours ago
Updated 6 mins ago

Here's what we know:

- Heavy gunfire reported

- Multiple police officers shot

- Suspects were in grocery store

-Several schools on lockdown

NEW JERSEY - Multiple police officers were shot in a more than hour-long gun battle in Jersey City on Tuesday afternoon. It was unclear how many officers were shot but Chasing News reported that four officers were injured, citing police sources.

The dramatic scene unfolded in an area that has a Catholic school, a few convenience stores, a kosher supermarket, and a hairstylist. There is also a synagogue and a church in the area.
Breaking News on Jersey City shooting

Two suspects were "taken down" according to FOX News and the search was on for a third person.

Governor Murphy said that he had been briefed on the unfolding situation.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the men and women of the Jersey City Police Department, especially with the officers shot during this standoff, and with the residents and schoolchildren currently under lockdown," Murphy said in a tweet.

Twitter user Keldy Ortiz posted video with the sounds of rapid gunfire. Bursts of gunfire had been going on for around an hour in the city, just across the river from Manhattan.

Andy Patel works at a liquor store about three blocks away from the site of the shooting site and said there had been consistent gunfire.

"I can hear the gunshots. It's like firecrackers going off. They were shooting like crazy about an hour ago. Then it stopped for like 20 or 30 minutes. The cops were clearing everyone off the streets," said Patel.

MLK Drive was also cleared of any pedestrians. Video from the scene shows officers taking aim from a corner while heavily armed police stand outside a school.

In another clip posted online, a long stream of armed officers with weapons pointing in several directions walk down a sidewalk.

Several schools in the area have been placed on lockdown and people in all schools in neighboring Bayonne have also been ordered to shelter in place.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says it is responding.

The NJ State Police Benevolent Association asked for prayers for officers in Jersey City.

Police moved into a Jersey City neighborhood on Tuesday afternoon to try to capture a man who opened fire.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

voiceofreason
12-10-2019, 01:34 PM
https://abc7ny.com/live-at-least-1-gunman-opens-fire-on-police-in-jersey-city/5744424/

Jersey City shooting: 1 officer killed, 3 others hurt; 5 dead inside grocery store

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey (WABC) -- One police officer was killed and three others were wounded, and there are five people dead inside a grocery store following a wild shootout and standoff in Jersey City Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities say the incident started at Bay View Cemetery just after noon, with an officer wounded in the shoulder, and was possibly related to a drug deal gone bad.

Two suspects, a man and a woman both dressed in black, then fled to the area of JC Kosher Supermarket on Martin Luther King Drive, where they continued firing at responding officers.

Police retreated and took up defensive positions, and hundreds of officers, SWAT units, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives descended on the scene.

The massive response included resources from neighboring municipalities, as well as the FBI.

Officials said the two suspects were neutralized, and a robot was sent inside the store with officers following behind. There, they found the bodies of three civilians and the two suspects.

The officer shot in the cemetery was taken to Jersey City Medical Center and is expected to survive. It is unclear at this point where and when the other officers were wounded, but two of them were treated after being struck with shrapnel.

The officer who died has not yet been identified.

voiceofreason
12-10-2019, 02:10 PM
https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/12/jersey-city-shooting-multiple-people-dead-inside-store.html

Jersey City shooting: ‘Multiple people’ dead inside store

“Multiple” people are dead inside a store on Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City, Mayor Steve Fulop said, marking the end of a tense, hours-long standoff between an armed man and woman and numerous law enforcement agencies.

Fulop, speaking at a brief news conference, would not say if the shooters, described as a man and woman dressed in black, were among the people found dead in the store, JC Kosher Supermarket.

He also would not say how many people were killed in the shooting. NBC New York is reporting that five bodies were found in the store.

One police officer was shot dead at Bayview Cemetery just before 1 p.m. Another officer was shot in the shoulder and two others were receiving medical treatment “due to shrapnel,” Fulop said. None of the police officers’ names have been released.

“It was a tough day for the Jersey City Police Department," the mayor said. “... These people work tirelessly in tough conditions.”

While the neighborhood has seen an influx of Hasidic Jewish family is in recent years, Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea said the violence is not being investigated as an act of terrorism.

The supermarket is next door to the Greenville Shul.

David Rosenberg, executive director of the North Jersey Jewish Business Alliance and the Hudson County Jewish Business Alliance, estimates that approximately 70 Jewish families live in the neighborhood.

He said the supermarket where the shootout took place is “basically the only place to get real kosher food in Jersey City.”

“It’s a very difficult day. The dust isn’t settled yet so it’s hard to talk much more.”

voiceofreason
12-10-2019, 02:52 PM
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/active-shooter-situation-in-jersey-city-sources-say/2238983/

Officer, 5 Others Dead in ‘Ambush’ NJ Active Shooter Situation
Suspects believed to have fired from inside store, law enforcement sources say; all public schools in Jersey City under lockdown into the evening

As many as six people may be dead — including a police officer, two suspects and three civilians — during an "ambush" active shooter situation at a store in Jersey City Tuesday afternoon, officials and law enforcement sources said.

Law enforcement sources identified the dead officer as a 39-year-old married father of five Det. Joseph Seals.

Seals was with the police department since 2006, according to officials. He was a detective with the Cease Fire Unit, Police Chief Michael Kelly said.

At least one wounded civilian, along with two wounded officers, are expected to survive, officials said.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/joe-seals/

Joe Seals: Tribute to Slain Jersey City Police Officer

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/joe-seals.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

voiceofreason
12-10-2019, 05:17 PM
https://abc7ny.com/officer-among-6-killed-in-nj-shooting-standoff;-suspects-dead/5744424/

Law enforcement sources say it was not just a drug deal involved as initially suspected, but Det. Seals may have been interested in the two suspects who ultimately shot and killed him because of a weekend homicide.

Police in Bayonne found a Jersey City man, identified as Michael Rumberger, in the trunk of a Lincoln Town Car on Saturday night. The crime had not been immediately solved.

Authorities say what looks like an inert pipe bomb was spotted in the U-Haul, and there was also a search going on at a house on Eastern Parkway where another inert pipe bomb was found -- though the connection is unclear.

https://hudsoncountyview.com/daughter-of-jersey-city-man-found-dead-in-bayonne-fundraising-for-his-funeral/

Daughter of Jersey City man found dead in Bayonne fundraising for his funeral

https://hudsoncountyview.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Rumberger-family-e1575988663410.png

Unfortunately my dad was taken from me. Nobody wants to see somebody die [.] Nobody wants to see the man that gave them life, the man that taught them everything to this day die. I wish I had just a couple more minutes with my dad to tell him how I felt,” Dynasia Molina, the daughter of Michael Rumberger, wrote on her GoFundMe page.

“… I’ll learn to live without your strong character, but I’ll never forget it. You’ll live on Dad. I have a piece of you in me. And while I’m still on this earth you are too. I am only wanting to help give my dad the proper burial. As a daddy’s girl I want to make sure I send him off the right way.”

As of 10 a.m. this morning, 22 donors have contributed $2,975 towards her $5,000 goal.

On Saturday evening, Bayonne police found a man dead inside the trunk of a Lincoln Town Car, with the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office later identifying the deceased as Rumberger, 34.

The Bobster
12-10-2019, 05:20 PM
https://vdare.com/letters/a-military-reader-wants-to-know-if-new-jersey-shooting-is-terrorism-or-just-a-minority-massacre?scroll_to_paragraph=1

A Military Reader Wants To Know If New Jersey Shooting Is Terrorism Or Just A Minority Massacre
12/10/2019

Today’s shooting in Jersey City sent SWAT teams scrambling and left one cop dead and two wounded. One of three suspects was identified as black, but not the other two suspects, one male, one female. But the location is a tip off, "Martin Luther King Drive ...”

WABC (NY) reported that the incident began at the Bay View Cemetery when at least one shooter opened fire on a police officer, striking them in the shoulder. Other deaths were reported. The shooting was supposedly tied up with a drug deal. For a change the shooters were reported as using rifles, odd if it’s just a bad drug deal. Could be a terrorist connection and an early report says the cops were ambushed.

Jersey has tough gun regulations, but as in other states with similar laws, the perps didn’t feel themselves constrained by gun laws. I’m sure the press will find some way to blame whitey.

James Fulford writes: When a black Muslim killed a white fellow employee in 2014, I wrote a column headed Alton Nolen Not A Muslim Terrorist, But An American Phenomenon—116 People, Mostly Whites, Have Been Killed By 18 Black “Disgruntled Employees” In The Last 40 Years.

In it, I wrote that

The beheading of a white woman in a Western state by disgruntled African-American employee who had been fired for proselytizing the Muslim religion and for advocating the stoning of women reminds us that not everything is terrorism.

Or to put it another way, in black-on-white crime everything is terrorism.

What I mean by that is that blacks commit anti-white hate crimes on a regular basis for racial reasons...and the media doesn't want to know.

voiceofreason
12-11-2019, 05:22 AM
https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/michael-rumberger/

Michael Rumberger: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Updated Dec 11, 2019 at 1:05am

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/michael-rumberger.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Michael Rumberger is a 34-year-old Jersey City man whose body was found in the trunk of a Lincoln Town Car. The death was ruled a homicide, and it’s unsolved.

1. Joseph Seals Might Have Been Investigating the Weekend Homicide of Rumberger, a Livery Driver, Reports Say

2. Rumberger Was Discovered With Head Trauma in the Trunk of a Lincoln Town Car

voiceofreason
12-11-2019, 07:50 AM
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/jersey-city-shootout-developing-details-3/2239660/

Jersey City Shootout Suspects Identified: Sources
David Anderson was a one-time follower of the Black Hebrew Israelites, a group whose members believe they are ancient Israelites' true descendants. Francine Graham met him -- and then turned into a 'dark person,' her neighbor says
Published December 11, 2019

What to Know

One detective and three civilians were killed during a targeted shootout and standoff at a Jersey City kosher market Tuesday, officials say
Two other officers and another civilian were hurt but are expected to be OK; the suspects were shot and killed by law enforcement
A motive for the shootout remains under investigation, but local authorities said Wednesday video shows the deli was clearly the target

The two people who stormed a kosher grocery store in Jersey City with rifles, killing three people inside and also murdering a veteran detective, have been identified as David Anderson and Francine Graham, four law enforcement sources familiar with the case tell News 4.
Who Are Jersey City Shootout Suspects?

Three sources say Anderson was a one-time follower of the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, a group whose members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites and may adhere to both Christian and Judaic beliefs. There was a note with religious writings in the U-Haul he and Graham allegedly drove to the scene, but a motive -- including any alleged nexus to hate or terror remains under active investigation, officials say.

Law enforcement sources had no immediate details on Graham, but a neighbor tells News 4 she lived near him for years. The neighbor described Graham as a former home health aide in Manhattan who met Anderson after she got hurt at work and quit; he says Graham turned into a "dark person" after they met.

The neighbor also claims Graham was coerced into a militant religion he could not identify; chanting and reading of the New Testament, translated into "evil," could be heard from her home, he said. A year ago, the neighbor says Graham stopped paying her condo fees and left. Jersey City tells News 4 the mortgage was assumed by a bank in November 2018.

Officials also said there were online postings connected to Anderson's social page with anti-police and anti-Jewish writings. Investigators are looking to see if Anderson himself posted that material.

The new details came shortly after local authorities announced a review of surveillance video clearly showed the market was targeted, though they, along with state and federal investigators, say a precise motive remains under investigation.

They park the van. They exit the van with long guns in their hands. And they immediately begin firing in the location where we lost three of our citizens yesterday.
JAMES SHEA, JERSEY CITY PUBLIC SAFETY DIRECTOR

The footage shows the shooters deliberately bypass other people on the busy street, aiming directly for people inside the kosher deli. Information continues to develop, and while authorities said Tuesday that it appeared the standoff began with the deadly shooting of a police officer at a separate site, Fulop and Shea said Wednesday that the bloodshed began at the market.

"We now know this did not begin with gunfire between police officers and perpetrators and then move to the store," Shea, the brother of NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea, said. "It began with an attack on the civilians inside the store."

A timeline of the bloodshed remains under investigation. At this point, the only victim who has been identified is Det. Joseph Seals, a father of five and veteran Jersey City police officer. Two customers and a cashier were killed inside JC Kosher Supermarket on Martin Luther King Drive.

The two suspects died by police gunfire. Shea and Fulop said Wednesday that two officers on a walking post one block south of the scene responded immediately, adding more lives may have otherwise been lost. An army of law enforcement responded seconds thereafter; a number of schools, which were left with bullet-cracked windows and damage Wednesday, are nearby.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/david-anderson/

The Jewish media named two of the victims as Leah Ferencz, who co-owned the grocery with her husband, and Moshe Deutsch. Authorities have not yet released their names. Chabad.org talked to a survivor who was in the store. “I was standing by the salad bar in the grocery and I heard three shots, bullets shattered the glass of the grocery,” he told Chabad. “Suddenly I saw two people come in, with long black raincoats and long guns. They tried to point the gun at me, I pushed it away and ran away.” Read more about Leah and the JC Kosher Supermarket where the standoff occurred here.

The Bobster
12-11-2019, 09:28 AM
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/jersey-city-shootout-developing-details-2/2257723/

Jarring Surveillance Gives New Timeline of Jersey City Kosher Market Shootout
By Jonathan Dienst, Brian Thompson, Adam Kuperstein, Ray Villeda and Jennifer Millman • Published December 11, 2019 • Updated 45 mins ago

Two individuals armed with long rifles parked a van outside a kosher grocery store in Jersey City Tuesday, calmly got out of their vehicle and immediately opened fire on shoppers inside the store, local authorities said the next morning, reiterating their claim the market was "clearly" targeted.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and Public Safety Director James Shea said that while it was still difficult to comprehend the shooters' precise motive, an assessment of surveillance footage from the bullet-riddled scene showed what they said could be nothing other than targeted murder.

The footage shows the shooters, identified by four law enforcement sources Wednesday as David Anderson and Francine Graham, deliberately bypass other people on the busy street, aiming directly for people inside the kosher deli. Information continues to develop, and while authorities said Tuesday that it appeared the standoff began with the deadly shooting of a police officer at a separate site, Fulop and Shea said Wednesday that the bloodshed began at the market.

"We now know this did not begin with gunfire between police officers and perpetrators and then move to the store," Shea, the brother of NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea, said. "It began in the store."

A timeline of the bloodshed remains under investigation. At this point, the only victim who has been identified is Det. Joseph Seals, a father of five and veteran Jersey City police officer. Two customers and a cashier were killed inside JC Kosher Supermarket on Martin Luther King Drive.

The two suspects died by police gunfire. Shea and Fulop said Wednesday that two officers on a walking post one block south of the scene responded immediately, adding more lives may have otherwise been lost. An army of law enforcement responded seconds thereafter; a number of schools, which were left with bullet-cracked windows and damage Wednesday, are nearby.

The barrage of gunfire locked down all Jersey City public schools for hours Tuesday. Some had delayed openings Wednesday in the horror's aftermath.

None of the civilian victims have been identified, but according to Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, two of them were Brooklyn natives.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio also confirmed in a Wednesday morning press conference, surrounded by leaders from the Jewish community, that two of the victims were Brooklyn natives -- Mindel Ferencz and Moche Deutsch. Deutsch was the son of a well-known Jewish community leader in Williamsburg.

"This confirms a sad truth. There is a crisis of anti-Semitism gripping this nation," he said. "There is a crisis of anti-Semitism in this city. It has continued to take on a more and more violent form."

Although de Blasio said the investigation is preliminary, he went on say that because it seems the shootout was premeditated and targeted a specific community "this was an act of hate and an act of terror."

Although de Blasio said there are no credible or specific threats directed at New York City, they are still in a state of high alert.

De Blasio adds that he directed hundreds of officers to be assigned to crucial locations for the Jewish community in the city.

Additionally, de Blasio said the NYPD has been building a new unit over last few weeks to combat racially and ethnically motivated extremism. The unit will be known as REME.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea said the city mourns Seals and all the other victims in "this prolonged senseless act of violence."

The NYPD commissioner said that although authorities in New Jersey have the lead in the investigation, the NYPD almost immediately sent resources to Jersey City as it received word of the shooting, including members of the Intelligence Bureau, Aviation Unit and the Emergency Service Unit. The NYPD will continue to help Jersey City.

The commissioner also said that as the incident was unfolding Tuesday in Jersey City, the NYPD deployed resources to Jewish locations across the city as precaution.

Rabbi David Niederman, of Williamsburg, also spoke at de Blasio's press conference. Niederman knew Deutsch. He said that he does not accept that it was OK that these murders happened and feels that the Jewish community is not safe in the New York City area.

Additional information on the shootout is expected to emerge later Wednesday. Multiple scenes are still being combed for evidence.

At least 100 bullets were fired during the exchange between the suspects and police before the suspects were shot and killed, according to police. Two other police officers were hit by gunfire, one in the shoulder and another in the body, but they've been released from the hospital.

Another civilian was also injured but is expected to survive, officials said.

Chabad Rabbi Moshe Schapiro, co-director of Chabad of Hoboken and Jersey City, was with the surviving victim at the hospital. He tells NBC New York that the young man said he was grateful to be alive.

“It’s a very small community here in Jersey City. It’s only about 80 families, people that came from Brooklyn in the last few years," Schapiro said.

Law enforcement officials initially believed the incident was not terror- or hate-related, despite it occurring in a Jewish neighborhood. Fulop assured residents that there were no further threats, but the community "may see additional police resources" in the coming days and weeks.

voiceofreason
12-11-2019, 09:32 AM
https://scallywagandvagabond.com/2019/12/david-anderson-francine-graham-jersey-city-shooting-suspects-jewish-attack/

https://scallywagandvagabond.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Screen-Shot-2019-12-11-at-11.44.54-AM.png
Jersey City shooting suspects David Anderson and Francine Graham

The Bobster
12-11-2019, 10:16 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/11/jersey-city-shooting-leah-mindel-ferencz-and-moshe-deutsch-identified-as-victims/

Jersey City shooting: Leah Mindel Ferencz and Moshe Deutsch identified as victims
By Reuven Fenton, Joseph Konig and Natalie Musumeci
December 11, 2019 | 12:17pm | Updated

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/jersey-city-victim-4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1
Moshe Deutsch (left) and Leah Mindel Ferencz

Three of the victims in the wild Jersey City shootout were identified Wednesday as a grocery store owner and customer — both Brooklyn natives — as well as a shop employee, community sources and officials said.

Leah Mindel Ferencz, 33, who co-owned the Jersey City Kosher Supermarket in the Greenville neighborhood with her husband, and Moshe Deutsch, 24, a customer at the deli were fatally shot at the deli Tuesday by suspects toting long guns, sources said. A third victim, a store delivery worker, was also shot to death but has not yet been identified.

Ferencz, a mother of three children ages 11, 7, and 4, and Deutsch, the son of Brooklyn civic leader Abe Deutsch, both lived in Williamsburg before they moved to Jersey City, officials and family members said.

“She was very special and very loyal,” Meyer Ferencz, Leah’s brother-in-law, said at the family’s Brooklyn home Wednesday.

Meyer said that Leah and her husband Moshe Ferencz moved from Brooklyn three years ago and bought the store.

“It was a real tough mission there they undertook when they moved over there to Jersey City,” Meyer said. “It’s very tragic to see what happened after so much effort and hustling. It’s very painful.”

Rabbi Moshe Shapiro, who runs the New Jersey synagogue Chabad Lubavitch of Hoboken, said he often frequents the deli at 223 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and knew the victims.

Shapiro said that he was with Moshe Ferencz Tuesday night at the local police station house when he received word that his wife and mother of his children was killed in the horrific shooting.

“I hugged him and he said, ‘This is a terrible thing for my kids, for myself, for everyone. But God is giving us the strength. God gave us and now God took away,’” Shapiro said, adding that Moshe Ferencz “has tremendous faith and resilience after having his life ripped away and having to deal with the funeral.”

Shapiro said Leah typically worked behind the register at the deli.

“She was very sweet and very gentle,” said Shapiro.

Shapiro said a cousin of Deutsch, who he identified as Chaim Deutsch, was inside the deli Tuesday afternoon with his relative at the time of the shooting and suffered graze wounds.

“He came with his cousin from Brooklyn and they were in the store,” said Shapiro, who visited Chaim in the hospital Tuesday night. “And he said suddenly he heard and felt gunshots. He did not see the gunmen. He saw his cousin fall to the floor, and he ran out the back door. He eventually climbed over a few backyards to escape.”
see also
De Blasio calls Jersey City shooting an 'act of terror'

Shapiro said the bullets that wounded Chaim “did not penetrate beyond the skin.”

Rabbi David Niederman, the director of the United Jewish Organization of Williamsburg, tearfully spoke at a press conference alongside Mayor de Blasio about the victims Wednesday.

“She was a lady full of love for others and unfortunately her life was cut short,” Niederman said of Leah.

Moshe Deutsch, according to Neiderman, mentored peers from his yeshiva and was a “major organizer” of a local food drive for 2,000 families every year.

Police shot and killed the shooters, who were identified by David Anderson and Francine Graham, ending the hours-long incident that rocked the Jersey City area.

The chaotic incident also left dead Jersey City Detective Joseph Seals, a married father of five.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said Wednesday that the shooters were captured on CCTV footage “slowly” rolling up to the supermarket in a van before they stopped in front, “calmly opened the door with two long rifles” and “began firing from the street” into the store.

A pair of officers on foot patrol nearby responded to the gunfire, prompting the shooters to retreat into the store where most of the carnage took place, officials said.

Two Hasidic organizations were at the scene of the shooting Wednesday to collect any fragments of human remains that they could bury with the victims, as per Jewish law.

New York officials, including de Blasio, have condemned the attack as “anti-Semitic.” :rolleyes:

The Bobster
12-11-2019, 10:30 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/11/jersey-city-shooting-suspects-identified-as-david-anderson-and-francine-graham/

Jersey City shooting suspects identified as David Anderson and Francine Graham
By Larry Celona, Reuven Fenton and Natalie Musumeci
December 11, 2019 | 10:13am

One of the two shooters who fatally shot up a Jersey City Jewish deli in what officials say was a “targeted” attack posted anti-Jewish and anti-police messages to social media before the chaotic attack that left three civilians and a cop dead, law enforcement sources said Wednesday.

Sources said David Anderson, who committed the deadly Tuesday attack with a woman identified as Francine Graham, was a one-time follower of the Black Hebrew Israelite movement and made the hateful postings on his social media page.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said Wednesday that the pair of gun-wielding attackers were captured on CCTV footage “slowly” rolling up to the Jersey City Kosher Supermarket in the Greenville neighborhood in a van before they stopped in front, “calmly opened the door with two long rifles” and “began firing from the street” into the store.

A note with religious writing was recovered by investigators from inside the stolen U-Haul van that the shooters were in, sources said.

Jersey City officials have not condemned the shooting as a hate crime or anti-Semitic but did say that it was “targeted.”

Meanwhile, community sources identified the slain civilians Wednesday as Moshe Deutsch, 22, a customer at the Jewish grocery store; Leah Mindel Ferencz, 33, a co-owner of the store; and a delivery worker at the deli.

Rabbi Moshe Shapiro, who runs the New Jersey synagogue Chabad Lubavitch of Hoboken, said he frequents the deli and knew the victims.

Shapiro said a cousin of Deutsch, whom he identified as Chaim Deutsch, was inside the deli with his relative at the time of the shooting and suffered graze wounds.

“He came with his cousin from Brooklyn and they were in the store,” said Shapiro, who visited Chaim in the hospital Tuesday night. “And he said suddenly he heard and felt gunshots. He did not see the gunmen. He saw his cousin fall to the floor, and he ran out the back door. He eventually climbed over a few back yards to escape.”

Shapiro said the bullets that wounded Chaim “did not penetrate beyond the skin.”

The firefight also left Jersey City Detective Joseph Seals dead.

The Bobster
12-11-2019, 10:35 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/11/jersey-city-mayor-says-footage-shows-shooters-targeted-jewish-store/

Jersey City mayor says footage shows shooters targeted Jewish store
By Amanda Woods
December 11, 2019 | 7:53am | Updated

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop doubled down Wednesday morning on his assertion that the gunmen who sparked a deadly firefight in the city had targeted a Jewish grocery store — and said that surveillance footage proves it.

“Last night after extensive review of our CCTV system it has now become clear from the cameras that these two individuals targeted the Kosher grocery location on MLK Dr,” Fulop tweeted around 6:30 a.m. “The 2 JCPD officers that were on a foot post one block away immediately responded/engaged and prevented the perpetrators from leaving that location and harming any further civilians.”

Fulop initially stated Tuesday night that the store was targeted, based on an “initial investigation” but did not elaborate. His tweets on Wednesday also didn’t clarify whether the attack was believed to be anti-Semitic or otherwise.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/jersey-city-shooting-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=662
Mayor Steven "The Flop" Fulop speaks to the press on Dec. 10.
AP

Detective Joseph Seals was killed in the gun battle that kicked off at about 12:30 p.m. in the Greenville neighborhood when police responded to a report of gunfire near the supermarket.

In addition to Seals, three civilians inside the store and both suspects were killed in the shootout.

In his Wednesday tweet, the mayor added that there are “no credible further threats from this incident” but local patrols have been increased as a result.

The state Attorney General’s office, as well as the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, will be handling the investigation, he confirmed.

The Bobster
12-11-2019, 10:38 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/10/jersey-city-residents-say-shootout-that-killed-6-was-like-living-in-a-war-zone/

Jersey City residents say shootout that killed 6 was like ‘living in a war zone’
By Larry Celona, Joe Marino and Bruce Golding
December 10, 2019 | 10:25pm | Updated

Two gunmen turned a Jersey City neighborhood into a virtual war zone when they fled into a kosher market after fatally shooting a detective Tuesday afternoon, the city’s police chief said.

The cop-killers are believed to have killed three hostages inside the store while exchanging gunfire for hours with the heavily armed cops who swarmed the city’s Greenville neighborhood, Police Chief Michael Kelly said.

The fusillades — which involved hundreds of shots fired and prompted a lockdown of all city schools, including one directly across the street — finally ended with the unidentified killers shot dead by cops, Kelly said.

Although officials “have no inkling what the motive is yet,” terrorism isn’t suspected, Kelly said.

The deadly violence erupted around 12:30 p.m., when authorities were alerted to gunfire at 223 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., which houses the Jersey City Kosher Supermarket.

When cops got there, they were “immediately engaged with high-power rifle fire,” Kelly told reporters.

Around the same time, Kelly said, police learned there was an “officer down” on Garfield Avenue near Caven Point Avenue, about three-quarters of a mile away.

Kelly identified the slain cop as Detective Joseph Seals — a married father of five who “came up in the South District,” which covers the area, and was assigned to the department’s “Cease Fire Unit” shooting-response team.

Seals was “our leading police officer in removing guns from the street,” Kelly said.

“Dozens and dozens of handguns he’s responsible for removing from the street,” Kelly said. “We believe that he was killed while trying to interdict these bad guys.”

Law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation said Seals spotted a stolen U-Haul van linked to a killing in Bayonne this past weekend and was shot in the head when he tried to question its occupants. The fatal bullet entered behind one of Seal’s ears, according to NJ.com.

Cops who responded to 911 reports about the shooting blocked the van — which was later found to contain a pipe bomb — leading the killers to get out and run into the market, the sources said. They’re suspected of killing one customer immediately upon entering the store, which they apparently picked at random, sources said.

Another customer narrowly escaped the carnage, according to a report posted on the Chabad website run by the Lubavitch movement of orthodox Jews, which quoted an audio recording circulated on the WhatsApp messaging service.

“I was standing by the salad bar in the grocery, and I heard three shots, bullets shattered the glass of the grocery,” the customer said.

“Suddenly I saw two people come in, with long black raincoats and long guns. They tried to point the gun at me. I pushed it away and ran away.”

The market’s owner also avoided the killers because he left moments earlier to pray during the afternoon service at a storefront synagogue, according to the site.

Kelly said the gun battles and standoff with police that followed lasted about four hours, Kelly said.

Dashawn Williams, who works nearby as a building superintendent, told The Post that he heard “machine guns, shotgun, regular gunshots.”

“It sounded like more than a hundred shots — and it was going on for more than an hour,” said Williams. “It was random. It was like a battle going off block to block. You didn’t know what to think. You were living in a war zone.”

The owner of the Patria Food Market, located down the block from the kosher market, told The Post he ran into his store when the shooting started and huddled there with about 10 others.

“I was bringing in deliveries when I heard shots. I looked over and I saw two police officers firing into the [kosher grocery] store,” Nelson Rodriquez, 61, said in Spanish.

“They were being shot at from inside the store, and they were shooting back into the store.” Rodriguez said it “was like a war.”

“I’ve seen people shot,” he said. “I’ve heard two or three shots. But nothing like this … I think there were more than a thousand shots. It was incredible.”

In addition to Jersey City cops, the law-enforcement response included the NYPD, Port Authority police, New Jersey State Police, cops from Essex and Bergen counties, the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Kelly said.

“Anyone within earshot of us responded,” Kelly said.

When cops were finally able to enter the grocery store — after a robot was sent inside — they found five people dead, Kelly said.

“We believe two of them are bad guys. We believe three of them are not and may be civilians that were inside the store,” he said.

Asked if any of the civilians were accidentally shot by cops, Kelly said, “We think that this was all bad-guy fire.”

Two Jersey City cops, Ray Sanchez and Farinella Fernandez, were wounded, with one shot in the shoulder and the other in the body, Kelly said.

Both were treated and released from Jersey City Medical Center.

The New Jersey State Police chaplain Rabbi Abe Friedman said, “We are devastated at the loss of Det. Seals and the three civilians, their families are in our prayers.”

The Bobster
12-12-2019, 02:45 PM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/12/jersey-city-killers-used-assault-rifle-shotgun-in-jewish-grocery-shooting/

Jersey City killers used assault rifle, shotgun in Jewish grocery shooting
By Craig McCarthy
December 12, 2019 | 1:24pm | Updated

The pair of shooters who turned a Jersey City neighborhood into a war zone Tuesday were armed with an assault rifle and a shotgun — killing their victims “within minutes” of storming a kosher grocery store, officials said Thursday.

David Anderson burst into the MLK Drive store in the Greenville neighborhood aiming an AR-15-like rifle, while his lover, Francine Graham, followed with a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun, according to New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal, AKA Gabba goo, AKA Turban Man.

Hundreds of shell casings were recovered from the scene, as well as a 9mm Ruger and 9mm Glock 17, Grewal said. Also found were a .22-caliber Mark-IV with a silencer and a homemade device to catch shell casings inside the stolen U-Haul van they arrived in, he added.

It’s unclear what weapon was used to gun down Detective Joseph Seals shortly before the supermarket massacre.

The shotgun and 9mm Ruger were believed to have been purchased legally by Graham in Ohio in 2018.

“We can see clearly from the video … that the cowards that took down those [innocent] victims engaged only the folks only in that store and those in law enforcement,” said US Attorney Craig Carpenito.

“They were clearly targeting that store and the Jersey City Police Department,” Carpenito added.

Carpenito said he believed the attack was a hate crime but that the two shooters had no official ties to a specific hate group.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/ap_19345630032617.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=662

The Bobster
12-13-2019, 12:17 PM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/12/jersey-city-shooters-attended-black-hebrew-israelite-church-in-nyc/

Jersey City shooters attended Black Hebrew Israelite church in NYC
By Georgett Roberts
December 12, 2019 | 6:24pm | Updated

The Jersey City killers were repeatedly seen attending an anti-Semitic Black Hebrew Israelite church in Harlem, The Post has learned.

The superintendent of the building that houses the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ said he immediately recognized photos of David Anderson and Francine Graham in news coverage of their Tuesday rampage.

“I’ve seen him here,” Clarence Parks Jr. said Thursday afternoon.

“I’ve seen him lining up outside to go inside the church.”

He added, “I’ve seen her, too.”

Parks, 61, said that men and women line up separately to enter the church at 1941 Madison Ave., and that he never saw the murderous couple together.

A church flyer advertises religious “classes” from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on weekdays and from 8:30 a.m. to sundown on Saturdays, which it calls “Sabbath.”

“The last time I saw him here was about four years ago,” Parks said.

“I think he got locked up a couple of times and then I never saw him again.”

Court records show that Anderson, 47, spent more than two years total in the Hudson County, New Jersey, jail on separate charges of unlawfully possessing an air pistol. He was also locked up in Kent, Ohio, following a dispute with a woman he lived with after they met online.

Parks couldn’t recall the last time he saw Graham, 50.

On Tuesday afternoon, Anderson and Graham gunned down a Jersey City detective and shot up a kosher market, killing three, before engaging in a massive firefight with cops, who later found them dead inside.

The FBI raided the church on Wednesday as part of its investigation into the slayings, The Associated Press reported.

The church pays around $30,000 a month in rent, Parks said.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea said Thursday that cops “don’t have any recent acts of violence with the group in New York City, but we’re closely monitoring with our federal and state partners in Jersey.”

The church’s leader, Jermaine Grant — also known as Chief High Priest Tazadaqyah — and its main treasurer, Lincoln Warrington, pleaded guilty earlier this year to conspiracy to defraud the IRS out of at least $250,000 in taxes.

The scam involved spending more than $5 million in church funds on Grant’s personal expenses, including vacations, luxury items and private school tuition for his kids.

Both men are set for sentencing in January.

Law enforcement sources have said that Anderson was a follower of the Black Hebrew Israelites, which experts in US extremism describe as an anti-Semitic and anti-white hate group.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/church_1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=662
A closeup view of the church
James Messerschmidt

A former friend neighbor of Graham’s has told The Post that Anderson introduced her to its beliefs.

Another ex-neighbor said he heard the couple “chanting religious stuff” after he moved into her Elizabethport, New Jersey, condo.

A man who answered the door to the church told The Post, “We have no comment. No comment. No comment.”

Several people were later seen carrying black duffel bags and other luggage out of the building and into a white rental box truck.

voiceofreason
12-15-2019, 04:15 AM
https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/passaic/paterson/2019/12/14/jersey-city-shooting-immigrant-father-ecuador-killed-mourned/2637765001/

'I will always have him in my heart': Memorial for Ecuadorian killed in Jersey City shooting
Updated 10:22 p.m. ET Dec. 14, 2019

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/12/15/PNJM/3d43c6c6-0f78-4b79-abab-ea6c21099887-Ecuador3.jpg?width=180&height=240&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Members of North Jersey's Latino community prayed with local and state officials Saturday evening at a memorial service for Douglas Miguel Rodriguez Barzola, the Ecuadorian immigrant who was among three victims killed in a gun battle at a kosher supermarket Tuesday in Jersey City.

Dozens of mourners descended on the Michigan Memorial funeral home in Paterson for a viewing, followed by an evening service. Speakers remembered Rodriguez Barzola as a good father and husband who had left his homeland with his wife, Martha Freire, and their 11-year-old daughter to seek better economic opportunities. He worked in the kosher store that was the focus of a brutal attack by two shooters.

Fulop said that Freire told him Rodriguez Barzola had lost his job as a commercial engineer in Guayaquil, Ecuador and that’s why they came to the United States. She told him her husband worked six days a week for sometimes 12 hours a day at the kosher market.:rolleyes:

The Bobster
12-15-2019, 08:52 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/man-busted-after-his-number-found-in-dead-jersey-city-shooters-pocket-feds/

Man busted after his number found in dead Jersey City shooter’s pocket: feds
By Craig McCarthy
December 15, 2019 | 9:02am | Updated

A New Jersey man :rolleyes: was busted by federal authorities after cops found his phone number scrawled on a note in one of the Jersey City shooter’s back pockets, authorities said.

Ahmed A-Hady’s Monmouth County pawnshop and house were searched over the weekend and feds found him illegally in possession of six rifles, including three AR-15-style assault rifles, three handguns and one shotgun, U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito said late Saturday.

Authorities also found hundreds of bullets, including a “large number” of hollow-point rounds, according to the criminal complaint.

The feds tracked down A-Hady, 35, in Keyport Friday evening after finding his phone number on a handwritten note on 47-year-old David Anderson — who opened fire on a Jewish food store Tuesday, killing three, and gunned down a Jersey City cop.

Anderson and his female accomplice Francine Graham were shot dead during an hours-long standoff in the Greenville neighborhood where hundreds of rounds were fired.

On Saturday, the feds seized a van in Orange, N.J., believed to be owned by Anderson.

The FBI is investigating the ramage as a “domestic terror event” after finding a manifesto and social media posts connecting the murderous pair to Jewish hate groups, including the Black Hebrew Israelite movement.

Despite their ties to hate groups, federal authorities believe they acted alone.