PDA

View Full Version : Henrico, VA WM, 22 shot to death while protecting twin brother from mom's negro lover

voiceofreason
12-16-2019, 04:24 AM
https://www.nbc12.com/2019/12/12/konner-pretty-much-gave-his-life-kameron-man-shot-killed-while-shielding-twin-bullets/

‘Konner pretty much gave his life for Kameron’: Man shot and killed while shielding twin from bullets

https://www.wric.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/74/2019/12/FotoJet-2019-12-12T154241.963.jpg

Updated December 12 at 5:55 PM

HENRICO, Va. (WWBT) - A 22-year-old Henrico man is dead after he was shot and killed by his mother’s apparent boyfriend, family said.

Henrico Police responded to the 7700 block of Wilton Road around 3:36 a.m. Thursday after someone called 911 from the address and hung up.

“Dispatchers were able to update officers while en route to the scene, indicating there was an open line and yelling in the background, and the possibility shots were fired,” police said.

Once on scene, officers found two men with gunshot wounds.

Police identified Konner Englehart, 22, of Henrico, as the man who was found dead on the porch.

Konner’s sister, Kenzie Taylor, said the victim’s twin brother, Kameron, was also shot during the incident. He was taken to VCU Medical Center for his injuries where he was treated and released.

I spoke with a woman who says her brother Konner Englehart, 22 (on the far right) was shot and killed. Her other brother Kameron, also 22 (on the far left) was shot and injured. He’s currently at VCU medical center. #HenricoNews #NBC12 pic.twitter.com/dgJc4cFceX
— Karina Bolster (@KarinaNBC12) December 12, 2019

“He was shot five times and Konner actually pretty much gave his life for Kameron because he was in the way of the bullets when it happened," Taylor said.

Taylor said she and her family can’t stop thinking about what Konner did in his final moments.

“Konner was the oldest twin and always the one to protect,” she said.

“Konner was running away, running out of the house and Kameron was coming up the steps and Konner was probably surprised to see him,” said Cody Taylor, Kenzie’s husband.

“Kameron said that he (Konner) stood up right in front of him and blocked his body," Taylor continued.

Taylor said her husband received a text from a family member around 5 a.m. saying there was a shooting and had a gut-feeling the oldest twin was dead.

“I think it’s because Konner was the one who wasn’t well,” she said. “He was still struggling with his addiction… What gives me comfort is that his battle is over. He doesn’t have to fight anymore, because every time I saw him, he was searching for that reward from the drug.”

Now the family is trying to come to grips with losing Konner.

“I don’t know what else to say,” Taylor said. “I know Kameron is going to take it much harder than me because I’ve already lost my older brother who I’ve had since birth.”

Her older brother, Kyle Englehart, died in 2018 after he went missing on the James River while duck hunting.

Police arrested Robert Arthur Thorpe, Jr., 34, of Chesterfield County, in connection to the shooting. Thorpe faces charges of second-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Here is Robert Arthur Thorpe, Jr., 34, of Chesterfield, who is accused of shooting and killing Konner Englehart, 22, of Varina, this morning on Wilton Road. @HenricoPolice have charged Thorpe with 2nd degree murder, and use of a firearm during a deadly crime. #HenricoNews #NBC12 pic.twitter.com/0j0yZRbBob
— Karina Bolster (@KarinaNBC12) December 12, 2019

“Kameron told me he was up here and I think police found him on the road,” Taylor said.

According to police, officers responded to the home 14 times in the last three years for a variety of calls.

Taylor said Konner lived in the home with his mother who was apparently dating Thorpe. He had been in the family’s life for roughly a year.

“He’s come in and put a damper on just about everybody,”:rolleyes: Taylor said.

https://www.wric.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/74/2019/12/8News-background-final-54.jpg
34-year-old Robert Arthur Thorp, Jr.