View Full Version : Uppity coons maced after mouf foaming Jameek goes in Paterson, NJ kwop station for waddy den deff

01-09-2019, 07:23 AM

Protests over death of man who went to Paterson police headquarters asking for help

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 05:28AM
PATERSON, New Jersey (WABC) --
Protesters in New Jersey demanded answers over the death of a young man who walked into a police station disoriented and asking for help.

A short time later, he fell unconscious and never woke up.

Jameek Lowery recorded his final moments on Facebook. Now, his family and the community are demanding to know what happened after the video.

The tension boiled over in Paterson Tuesday night as hundreds clashed with police on the street and spilled out of an overcrowded City Hall inside.

"I want justice, I need the truth and I'm not going nowhere until I get the truth," said the man's mother Patrice King.

"He was extremely paranoid, he was terrified and he had no shoes on," said Hawk Newsome, Black Lives Matter. "What I did notice was his face looked good and within a few hours he was dead.":)

City Council members brushed away tears as an anguished family begged to understand what happened to Lowery.

"My heart hurts, I can't explain how I feel because I don't know how I feel," said Lowery's sister Jamilia Laurie. "I can't go to sleep at night. I've been up since this happened. I cannot sleep."

The 27-year-old broadcast his own final moments on Facebook Live. It was before dawn on Saturday. Sources say Lowery had called 911 and said he'd taken ecstasy when he staggered into the Paterson police headquarters.

Police called an ambulance and accompanied him to St. Joseph's Hospital. But something happened on the way.

The Passaic County Prosecutor said in a statement that police used physical force and compliance holds to secure Lowery in the ambulance. Hospital records indicate no acute trauma.

The ride took between five and 12 minutes, and by the time he arrived he was unresponsive, the prosecutor added.


Police mace protesters when chaos breaks out at rally for Paterson man who died after begging police for water:p
Posted 9:41 PM, January 8, 2019


PATERSON, N.J. -- An investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office is underway into an incident involving a Paterson man who begged police for water, then died less than 48 hours later.

Video was posted showing 27-year-old Jameek Lowery, as he walked into Paterson Police Headquarters Saturday morning, sweating profusely, foaming at the mouth ;)and at times incoherent, asking for help and for water.

In the video, Lowery asks for water multiple times, but officers say, "We're not allowed to."

"He asked for water. They deny him water. Why couldn't you give him water? :DWhy didn't they help him?" said his mother, Patrice King. "All I wanna know is why you didn't help my son."

On Tuesday, what began as an organized rally for Lowery outside Paterson City Hall, quickly erupted into chaos.:bongo:

"We don't mind if people demonstrate, as long as it's peaceful," Paterson Police Director Jerry Speziale said.

But as the crowds got out of control, many of the protesters were maced by police.

The crowd said they just want justice for Lowery who they believe could have been saved if police officers would have given him water.

Police sources said the officers followed protocol because they are not supposed to give water because, according to them, it may harm the individual. But the family said the officers' response was inadequate.

"We want to know what happened to him from the complex back to the ER," said Lowery's brother Jamir King. "We want to know a lot of things. We want justice."

According to authorities, the Paterson Fire Department first responded to a 911 call from Lowery at 2:47 a.m. requesting an ambulance for himself at 135 Godwin Ave.

The ambulance arrived at 2:57 a.m. to transport Lowery to St. Joseph’s University Medical Center. Less than an hour later, at 3:44 a.m., Lowery called 911 again from the Wendy’s Restaurant on Broadway.

He then walked to the Paterson Police Headquarters at 111 Broadway and requested assistance, including water. Police said they were not allowed to give him water and called for an ambulance at 3:47 a.m.

Lowery was transported again to St. Joseph’s University Medical Center where he died within 48 hours. Results of toxicology and autopsy reports are pending.

01-18-2019, 05:40 AM

Paterson cops mace mother, arrest sister of man who died after seeking police help
Updated Jan 16


Police arrested two relatives of Jameek Lowery, who died shortly after being placed in police custody earlier this month, and scuffled with residents in front of his mother’s home Wednesday in the latest example of explosive tension between police and the community in the aftermath of the man’s death.

Lowery’s sister, Jamilyha:p, and his cousin, Hanif :pClyburn, were taken into police custody during the altercation, which police say began as a traffic stop and video shows it culminated with a female officer using pepper spray on a crowd that included Lowery’s mother, Patrice King.

Court records show Clyburn was charged with marijuana possession, riot/failure to disperse, two charges of making terroristic threats, resisting arrest and hindering arrest. Jamilyha Lowery was charged with obstruction of justice.

Clashes between police and residents have been near constant since the death of Lowery, 27, who was pronounced dead less than two days after videotaping a Facebook Live video inside Paterson police headquarters on Jan. 5.

He was transferred to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, but became unresponsive before he arrived and was later taken off of life support.

After days of unrest, Paterson Mayor Andre Sayegh said he will announce a major initiative to address “police operations and trust-building through community relations” Thursday morning.

Authorities said Lowery was suffering from meningitis and was high on ecstasy at the time of his death. Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia Valdes said officers “used physical force and a compliance hold” to restrain Lowery, but have yet to receive results of an autopsy conducted by the state medical examiner’s office.

Lowery’s family and protestors have said that Lowery, who was black, is the victim of police brutality because of his race.:rolleyes: