View Full Version : MARTA bus driver jumps in to save woman from negroid stabbing attack in Peoplestown

09-10-2018, 03:39 PM

MARTA bus driver jumps in to save woman from stabbing attack in Peoplestown
Witnesses said they saw the suspect stab the 63-year-old woman over 20 times.

Updated: 4:39 PM EDT September 10, 2018


ATLANTA – A MARTA bus driver stepped in to stop a man from stabbing a 63-year-old woman to death, after he witnessed the attack while driving his Sunday morning route in the Peoplestown neighborhood of Atlanta.

According to the police report, the driver of MARTA bus 2375 said he was driving north on Ormond Street when he looked in his side mirror and saw the woman walking down the street when a man walked up behind her and began repeatedly stabbing her in her back, side and chest.

One witness told police she saw the man following the woman from behind before attacking her, and that she watched him stab her over 20 times.

The bus driver slammed on his brakes, stopped the bus and yelled for someone to call 911 as he chased the suspect down, witnesses said. The bus driver told police he grabbed a stick and swung at the man repeatedly. While he was under attack, the suspect took a final swing at the woman and struck her in the leg so severely that his knife broke, according to the police report.

Witnesses said the bus driver chased the man down the street and struck him several times until someone else was able to jump in and tackle the man to the ground. They held the man down with an extension chord.

Bus riders helped apply pressure to the woman’s stab wounds until paramedics could arrive.

Police arrived to find one witness on top of the suspect, pinning him down with the orange extension chord.

The suspect has been identified as Gerald Jones, 20.

He allegedly told police he tried to kill the woman during the attack and admitted to having “violent tendencies.”

Jones was transported to Fulton County Jail on charges of aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon.

The woman was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital with lacerations to her right ear, neck, bicep, palm, and thigh. She was immediately sent into surgery. Her condition is unknown.