View Full Version : Medford Township Pastor Pleaded Guilty To Sexually Assaulting 5 Juveniles but wants to withdraw plea

The Bobster
02-17-2018, 08:20 AM

Medford Township Pastor Pleaded Guilty To Sexually Assaulting 5 Juveniles
February 16, 2018 at 11:52 pm


MEDFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) Ė A pastor at a Medford Township church has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting five juveniles :mad: over a multi-year period ending in 2015.

The Burlington County Prosecutorís Office says the assaults happened in Medford Township between 1999 and 2015.

Authorities arrested 74-year-old Harry L. Thomas in December of 2017.

Thomas was the pastor at Come Alive Church in Medford Township. He was also the co-founder of the Creation Festival, which is the nationís largest Christian music festival.

On Friday, Thomas pleaded guilty to five counts of sexual assault.

Under an agreement with the Burlington County Prosecutorís Office, Thomas will be sentenced to up to 20 years in state prison for the crimes, with no parole eligibility.

His hearing is scheduled for June 22.

The Bobster
07-24-2018, 11:32 AM

New Jersey Pastor Who Admitted to Sex Assaults Wants to Withdraw Plea
Harry Thomas' attorney calls the guilty plea a 'death sentence' for the 75-year-old man
Published at 7:17 AM EDT on Jul 24, 2018 | Updated at 7:21 AM EDT on Jul 24, 2018

A former New Jersey pastor who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting several children wants to withdraw his plea. :rolleyes:

Robin Lord, the attorney for 75-year-old Harry Thomas, called the guilty plea a "death sentence" for the Medford man. Thomas faces a 20-year prison term without parole under the agreement his previous lawyer reached with Burlington County prosecutors.

Thomas founded the Come Alive Church and was a promoter of Christian music concerts. He resigned from the church after his arrest last December and then pleaded guilty in February to sexually assaulting four juveniles and having "inappropriate interaction" with another child.

Thomas was due to be sentenced last Friday, but officials say that was postponed due to his bid to withdraw his plea. The matter will now be considered this Friday.