PDA

View Full Version : Staten Island man: ‘Liberals’ are stealing my American flags

The Bobster
07-15-2018, 10:45 AM
https://nypost.com/2018/07/14/staten-island-man-liberals-are-stealing-my-american-flags/

Staten Island man: ‘Liberals’ are stealing my American flags
By Nick Fugallo and Melissa Klein
July 14, 2018 | 6:27pm | Updated

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/staten-island-flag-stolen.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1
Thomas Gambardella
Steve White

A Staten Island man is seeing red after two American flags were stolen outside his home — and he suspects liberals are the culprits.

Thomas Gambardella, who lives in Oakwood, said two Old Glories have gone missing in the last three weeks.

“It’s a sad day when I can’t hang an American flag outside my house and be patriotic,” he said.

Gambardella, 37, who displays stickers on his pickup truck supportive of President Trump and the NRA, said he thinks the thefts may have been politically motivated.

“It was probably a liberal that did that to me but even if you’re a liberal, you should be supporting America and being patriotic. It is just flags after all,” he said.

The trouble started after he helped a neighbor decorate trees on his block with flags, he said.

When he returned home from work on June 21, he said the flag in front of his house was missing, aluminum pole and all.

He reported the theft to the NYPD thinking “it’s someone that’s scrapping my pole for money or a kid being a kid.”

But on Tuesday, he noticed another flag was pilfered from his house with the thief bending the pole to get it out. He immediately purchased a video security system.

A neighbor also had a 13-star “Betsy Ross” flag taken, he said.

A few days after the second theft, Gambardella noticed that someone left pieces from two flags on the sidewalk in front of his home.

“I’m not a paranoid guy, but that’s a message. You put that in front of my house after vandalizing my property twice,” he said. “This is a message but it will not discourage me.”

Gambardella said he’s not going to stop flying the flag.

“I’ll get 100 people to wave flags and dare this person to come back.” he said. “That’s how I’ll fight back, by standing my ground.”

The NYPD said it is investigating.