PDA

View Full Version : Botched weapons case against negroid hispanic teen dropped after two years


The Bobster
09-06-2017, 09:38 AM
http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/botched-weapons-case-against-teen-dropped-after-two-years/

Botched weapons case against teen dropped after two years
By Rebecca Rosenberg and Natalie Musumeci
September 6, 2017 | 11:31am

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/pedrohernandezfeature-image.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
Pedro Hernandez


The weapons case against a Bronx teen jailed in connection to a shooting two years ago will be dropped, Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark announced Wednesday. :mad:

Pedro Hernandez, 17, was locked up on Rikers Island last year in connection to a Sept. 1, 2015, shooting outside of a Bronx bodega.

“We discovered unanticipated witness and evidentiary issues, including that one of the original witnesses is no longer cooperative :mad:,” Clark said in a statement, announcing the dismissal of the case.

“The investigation also revealed that information originally provided to my Office during the initial investigation of this case has now proven to be inconsistent and contradictory. Further, the victim of the shooting is unable to identify who shot him.”

Clark’s statement continued: “It is therefore appropriate to make an application to dismiss this indictment as a matter of justice.”

Hernandez was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of a firearm, assault and reckless endangerment in the incident that left 15-year-old Shaun Nardoni wounded.

Hernandez gained national attention for refusing to accept a no-jail plea deal in that case and instead remained behind bars until his $250,000 bail was reduced to $100,000 and posted by the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights nonprofit organization.

He has since sued a pair of 42nd Precinct NYPD detectives – David Terrell and Daniel Brady – and the city, claiming he was falsely arrested.

“I also will not tolerate misconduct by law enforcement. The Public Integrity Bureau is investigating allegations related to this matter and will go wherever the evidence leads it,” Clark said.

Hernandez’s trial for the weapons case was slated to begin Wednesday before Clark made the announcement of the dismissal.

The private investigator for the defense, Manuel Gomez, who charges that the weapons case has been “falsified” by Terrell, Brady and Assistant District Attorney David Slott, was “ecstatic” on his way into Bronx Supreme Court Wednesday.

“I’m so happy. I knew this would happen. Omg victory…right now I feel like I won the lottery,” Gomez said.

“I’m ecstatic. You would have thought I won the lottery. I’m jumping for joy. I’m happy after a year and a half of work I’ve been vindicated,” Gomez said.

The formed NYPD cop turned private investigator added, “One thing I don’t want to see happen in this case is the district attorney gets off the hook and the detectives.”

The Bobster
06-05-2018, 10:56 AM
https://nypost.com/2018/06/05/bail-reform-poster-child-arrested-for-driving-with-suspended-license/

Bail reform ‘poster child’ arrested for driving with suspended license
By Tina Moore and Natalie Musumeci
June 5, 2018 | 1:03pm | Updated

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/180605-pedro-hernandez-feature-image.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1
Pedro Hernandez
David McGlynn


A Bronx teen who became a poster child for bail reform after spending a year on Rikers Island in connection with a 2015 bodega shooting has been arrested on a new charge, law enforcement sources told The Post on Tuesday.

Pedro Hernandez, 18, who was previously accused of shooting a 15-year-old boy in 2015, was busted overnight in Manhattan for driving with a suspended license, sources said.

He was hauled off to the 33rd Precinct and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and making an illegal U-turn, according to sources.

Hernandez was awaiting arraignment Tuesday.

Following his arrest in 2016 in relation to the shooting, Hernandez remained locked up after maintaining his innocence and turning down a no-jail plea deal.

Hernandez eventually was bailed out by the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights nonprofit — and Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark dropped the weapons and assault charges against Hernandez in September 2017.

At the time, Clark said one of the original witnesses was no longer cooperating and that there was “inconsistent and contradictory” information related to the case.

Hernandez gained national attention for refusing to accept the plea deal in the case that would have spared him jail time.

The teen had been accused of playing a role in the September 2015 shooting outside a bodega on 169th Street that wounded Shaun Nardoni in the ankle.