View Full Version : Pregnant WF, 24 in Fort Wayne house along w/ negress both shot to death by negro

01-22-2018, 01:19 PM

UPDATED: Arrest made in Fort Wayne weekend fatal shootings that killed 2 women, unborn baby
Jan 22, 2018


Editor’s note: This story has been updated with details of the crime and arrest as alleged by officers in a court document.

Fort Wayne police have made an arrest in Saturday morning’s shooting deaths of two women, one of whom was pregnant, in the 1200 block of Lillie Street.

Deyante Antuan Stephens, 26, of Fort Wayne faces 2 counts of murder, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Allen Superior Court.

More charges are possible as the investigation continues, according to police spokesman Michael Joyner.

Preonda M. Jones, 37, of Fort Wayne, was pronounced dead inside the home, according to the Allen County coroner’s office.

Jones is the third homicide in Allen County in 2018.

The second woman, Brianna R. Gould, 24, of Fort Wayne, was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, where she later died, according to the coroner’s office. Gould is the fourth homicide victim in Allen County in 2018.

Gould was pregnant with a boy who was of a viable age if born, according to the coroner’s office. Baby Boy Gould died of intrauterine demise due to gunshot wound(s), so his death is the fifth homicide in Allen County in 2018.

According to court records, the following occurred:

At 6:41 a.m. Saturday police officers responded to an unknown problem at the Lillie Street home. A caller said someone was covered in blood and possibly dead. Officers found residents at the home and Jones dead in a bathtub that had bullet holes in the back and bottom of it. Police also found three shell casings, a black gun magazine with ammunition inside it and a spent projectile on the bathroom floor. Officers also found Gould injured inside the home,:confused: though the affidavit doesn’t say where in the home she was.

A resident said before she went to bed Saturday, she heard Stephens ask if he could have a guest over, whom she assumed was female. The resident said she later heard Stephens and a woman screaming during the shooting.

Stephens was not at the home when officers arrived. However, at 8:30 a.m. Saturday officers responded to a disturbance at a location that is redacted from the court document. There, a man was allegedly breaking into an apartment. Officers saw the man had blood on his hand and blood spots on his clothing.

“Shoot me! Please shoot me!” the man allegedly said to officers. “You know it’s going to happen! Shoot me!” He repeatedly told officers they knew who he was.

“Deyante Stephens then asked the Officers for a hug,” according to the affidavit. Then he “…began to ask Officers who ‘snitched’ on him and called Officers ‘dead men’ and then threatened to commit suicide.”

Officers took Stephens to a hospital for a 24-hour psychiatric hold before taking him to police headquarters for questioning. After agreeing to talk to a detective he asked to go to the bathroom. When he returned he asked to talk to a lawyer, so the interview was concluded.




Brianna & Legend James Gould


Kookie Jones

Kookie Jones
18 hrs ·

Im gonna miss you!!! Love u rest in heaven Preonda Jones

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26814768_10103703199311273_5581293032155688116_n.j pg?oh=63b5aeee79716f90baef88979a4a495c&oe=5AE7C7C7