View Full Version : Dark hispanic arrested for killing old hispanic - punched him onto the subway tracks

The Bobster
01-04-2018, 11:35 AM

Man killed in random subway attack was ‘sweetheart’ dad of 10
By Caroll Alvarado
January 3, 2018 | 10:09pm | Updated

Jacinto Suarez (right) with his mongrel grandchildren

A Staten Island man :rolleyes: who was pushed to his death on a Brooklyn subway platform Wednesday was a dad of 10 who had been heading home after arguing with officials over a late Social Security check :mad:, loved ones said.

Before his fateful trip, Jacinto Suarez, 65, had joked with his family that he wasn’t going to come home unless he had his gibs en su mano, according to daughter Tylenea Gonzalez, 34.

“He supposedly got accepted to SSI, [supplemental security income] so he was going down there. :mad: He was going over his case cause they told him they were going to send him his check on the first (of the month),” a heartbroken Gonzalez told The Post.

“They never did, so he was upstairs joking about it this morning and was like, ‘I’m going to go down there and I’m not coming home until they give me something’ :mad: and he was on his way back home they said when it happened.” :D

Gonzalez, the third oldest of Suarez’s 10 kids, said her dad loved cooking and telling jokes.

“He was a pain in the butt, but he was a sweetheart,” a tearful Gonzalez said. “His silliness, his smile, he was always dancing with the kids, cracking jokes.”

Suarez lived with Gonzalez and was helping raise her three kids.

A steady stream of loved ones poured into their Brownell Street home, in total disbelief over the tragedy.

One of Gonzalez’s sisters fell to the floor crying.

“He never bothered nobody,” Gonzalez said. “I don’t know why anyone would do anything to him.”

Suarez was sucker punched at about 2:20 p.m. while waiting for a southbound R train at Jay St.-Metrotech. :p

An 18-year-old, taken into custody at the scene, has been busted seven times in the past and was overheard “talking about the devil” on Wednesday, law enforcement sources said.

He attends P.S. 371, a Brooklyn campus that serves students with disabilities. The exact nature of the suspect’s disability wasn’t immediately clear – though police said his mental status was under investigation.

“Whoever did whatever they I just want to get justice, that’s it, because my dad never bothered nobody,” Gonzalez said. “He always went and came home and now I’m not going to have him here.”

Good Samaritans pulled Suarez back to the platform after he fell into the tracks.

He wasn’t hit by the train and it wasn’t immediately clear what killed the man – though Gonzalez said her dad hit his head in the fall.

The grandfather of 13 :mad: was rushed to Brooklyn Hospital and pronounced dead at 3:51 p.m.

The Bobster
01-05-2018, 10:26 AM

Teen charged in sucker-punch subway death plays dumb
By Stephanie Pagones and Chris Perez
January 4, 2018 | 5:28pm

Edward Cordero
Gregory P. Mango

The Brooklyn high schooler who allegedly sucker-punched a 65-year-old straphanger, causing him to fall to his death, played dumb about the whole thing Thursday — coldly asking, “Who died?”

The agitated 18-year-old was being escorted out of the 84th Precinct when he made the dismissive comments.

“Nothing happened,” said Edward Cordero, who was wearing a red hoodie and black ripped jeans.

“I don’t have to say nothing to you,” he added. “Mind your f–king business.”

Cordero was charged Thursday with manslaughter and assault for the death of Jacinto Suarez, a seed-spreading grandfather from Staten Island.

The sexagenarian had been waiting for a southbound R train on Wednesday afternoon at the Jay Street-MetroTech station in downtown Brooklyn when Cordero — who also goes by Andrew Cortez — came up and socked him from behind, according to police.

The teen was talking to himself and flailing his arms on the platform before he allegedly threw the punch, cops said.

Suarez fell on the tracks, and was unable to move after that. Sources told The Post that he suffered a broken spine, broken ribs and skull injuries. He was later pronounced dead at Brooklyn Hospital.