View Full Version : Pregnant hi yeller strangled to deaf den imitates a slinky

12-28-2017, 07:07 AM

Husband is arrested and NYPD cops are suspended for 'failing to check on eight-months-pregnant mother, 22, pushed down the stairs and strangled to death'

Tonie Wells, 22, was found dead on the steps of her own home on Wednesday
She had bruising to neck and it appears she may have been pushed down steps
Her two-year-old daughter was found crying on basement steps of their home
Tonie's husband of nine months, Barry Wells, was arrested hours later and charges agaisnt him are pending
Two NYPD officers suspended for allegedly ignoring welfare check request made by Tonie Wells' sister, who said the victim was scared of her husband
Updated: 09:59 EST, 28 December 2017

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/28/14/47999D7000000578-0-Sources_said_cops_are_actively_looking_for_Wells_2 9_year_old_hus-m-8_1514470789963.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/28/01/47999D8700000578-0-image-m-20_1514423178574.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/28/01/47999D6700000578-0-image-a-26_1514423248748.jpg

12-28-2017, 07:12 AM



The Bobster
12-28-2017, 09:57 AM

Cops suspended after blowing off 911 call to check on pregnant woman later found dead
By Tina Moore
December 28, 2017 | 12:41am

Tonie and Barry Wells
Facebook, Christopher Sadowski

Two NYPD cops were suspended on Wednesday for allegedly blowing off a 911 call to check on a Brooklyn woman — who was later found strangled in her home, police sources said.

The officers had been assigned to touch base with Tonie Wells, 22, whose sister called police, relaying that the young mom was “scared” of her husband, sources said.

Dispatched officers drove to Wells’ home in Crown Heights, but never got out of their car to actually check on her welfare, law enforcement sources said.

Wells’ body was found at 9:50 a.m. with bruises on her neck inside her Sterling Place residence. Her husband was later arrested.

The Bobster
12-28-2017, 12:03 PM

Suspended cops sat in patrol car instead of checking on pregnant woman later found dead
By Shawn Cohen, Khristina Narizhnaya and Natalie Musumeci
December 28, 2017 | 1:59pm | Updated

The pair of NYPD cops who were suspended after it was revealed they possibly botched a job to check on a Brooklyn mom who was later found strangled to death at the bottom of her basement staircase are claiming they only thought they had to check on the outside of her home, sources told The Post.

The 77th Precinct officers, identified by sources as Wael Jaber and Wing Hong Lau, were initially dispatched to the Crown Heights home of Tonie Wells, 22, Wednesday morning – before her body was found and her husband was arrested for her death.

Jaber and Lau – who have both been on the force for about a decade — responded to the three-story Sterling Place brownstone after the victim’s sister called 911 to report that Wells was “scared” of her husband, Barry Wells, 29, because he was “acting funny,” sources have said.

Instead of entering the home once they arrived, the cops remained in their patrol car and then drove off.

According to sources, the cops – who were suspended without pay – are claiming that they thought they only had to check on the outside of the home.

“They believed the incident occurred outside, so they didn’t go in,” a source said.

Barry Wells
Paul Martinka

Sometime after the initial 911 call, a neighbor called 911 again to report hearing the cries of Toni Wells’ two-year-old daughter, who was left inside the home. When the neighbor went to investigate with another resident, they found the mom’s body at the bottom of the basement stairwell.

“We found her body. We found her. We heard the baby — there was no adult there. And we were looking for her,” the neighbor, who declined to give her name, said.

The neighbor added: “Once you hear somebody’s child crying you will go check. We’re neighbors. We live in the same house.”

When another round of cops responded to the home at 9:50 a.m. following the second 911 call, they found Wells at the bottom of the staircase with bruises on her neck.

Hours later, Barry Wells, who has been married to the woman for nearly 9 months, was nabbed. He was expected to be charged Thursday.

The NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau has launched a probe into the suspended cops.

“The entire incident, including any potential communication and response issues are being reviewed by the Department,” a police spokesperson said in a statement.

According to sources, cops previously responded to two prior domestic incidents involving the couple. The details of those incidents were not immediately known.

Meanwhile, friends and strangers alike took to Toni Wells’ Facebook page after her death to offer their condolences.

“Rest in peace beautiful God Got an Angel,” one commenter wrote.

The Bobster
12-28-2017, 12:25 PM

Cops believe young woman was fatally pushed by her partner
By Tina Moore, Shawn Cohen, Lorena Mongelli and Amanda Woods
December 27, 2017 | 2:57pm | Updated

Tonie (High Yellow?) and Barry Wells

A pregnant mom was found dead Wednesday at the bottom of a basement staircase inside her Brooklyn home – and cops suspect her husband strangled her, police sources said.

Tonie Wells, 22, was found dead with bruising to her neck following the 9:50 a.m. incident at the Crown Heights residence on Sterling Place after neighbors reportedly heard the cries of her two-year-old daughter and called the cops, according to cops.

Investigators are treating the death as a possible homicide, Deputy Chief Michael Kemper, Commanding Officer of Detective Borough Brooklyn North told reporters.

Sources say cops are “actively looking for” Wells’ 29-year-old husband, Barry Wells, for questioning.

“Witnesses heard an argument and something falling down the stairs,” a high-ranking police source said.

Neighbor Michelle Ruiz, 22, who last saw the young mom three weeks ago, confirmed that Wells was pregnant and sources say police are aware of a social media post by Wells detailing that she was 8-months pregnant.

“They seemed like a nice family,” Ruiz said of the couple, whose Facebook pages are both filled with photos of each other.

“I would see them together. She was nice. He was always pleasant. This is a very quiet block, I didn’t hear anything today. I’m still in shock,” Ruiz said. “I would never think in a million years something like this would happen.”

Kemper said Wells’ death was deemed suspicious.

“Preliminarily, the deceased female has bruising on her neck and it appears as if she was either pushed or fell down the flight of stairs leading to the basement,” Kemper said.

Neighbors heard the cries of the woman’s 2-year-old child who was also in the home — and when they rushed over to investigate, they discovered Wells’ lifeless body and called police, NBC reported.

The Medical Examiner will determine the official cause of the death.

Cops have previously responded to a report of one other domestic incident at the home, authorities said.

12-28-2017, 01:43 PM

I guess it is a high yeller Mariah Carey wannabe. i'll move