PDA

View Full Version : Police Investigating 3 ‘Suspicious Fires’ Inside University Dorm - where racial slurs found earlier

The Bobster
09-18-2017, 06:14 AM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/18/police-investigate-racial-slur/#comment-360395

Police Investigate Racial Slur Written On Door Of A Cabrini University Student
September 18, 2017 12:07 AM

RADNOR, Pa. (CBS) — Radnor police are investigating an incident after a female student at Cabrini University reported a racial slur written on her residence hall door.

The student discovered the slur, which was written in what appeared to be marker, on Saturday.

Police Investigating Child Luring Attempt In Feasterville

The university released a statement Sunday saying:

“The University is fully investigating this report and takes our student safety seriously. Cabrini does not tolerate any form of hate speech or racist language, and our priority remains to ensure our students feel safe and supported.”

Police say the university had removed the remarks from the door before police could take pictures.

Radnor Police Chief Bill Colarulo says detectives will be following up on Monday, possibly viewing the incident as ethnic intimidation.

The Bobster
09-19-2017, 06:02 PM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/19/cabrini-university-racial-slurs/#comment-360517

More Racial Slurs Found On Cabrini University Campus
September 19, 2017 4:44 PM

RADNOR, Pa. (CBS) — More racial slurs have been reported on the campus of a local university. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cabrini University says there have been two additional sightings of racial graffiti reported inside a residence hall.

“There is an ongoing investigation of racial slurs written in one of our residence halls. We continue to work with Radnor Police Department on collecting evidence as we work to identify this person, or persons, who so blatantly go against everything we are as a diverse institution. We’ve increased security on campus and will continue to do everything we can to identify the perpetrator(s),” the university said in a statement.

Cabrini says it is also holding campus-wide town halls and forums to update students and answer their questions about these incidents.

The first incident occurred Saturday night when freshman Sennia Vann found a racial slur written on her residence hall door. :rolleyes:

“I cried. My faith was kind of restored in the student body. I was reminded that everybody is not like the person who wrote on my door,” said Vann.

Dozens of students, some who don’t even know the young freshman, gathered and redecorated her dorm door, this time with positive and supportive messages.

Police say the university removed the remarks from the door before police could take pictures.

The Bobster
12-15-2017, 11:56 AM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/12/14/cabrini-fires/

EXCLUSIVE: Police Investigating 3 ‘Suspicious Fires’ Inside University Dorm
By Joe Holden
December 14, 2017 at 11:00 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Only CBS3 was there as Radnor Township Police and Delaware County detectives investigated three suspicious fires inside two bathrooms at a Cabrini University dorm.

Sources tipped off Eyewitness News Thursday morning, telling us it’s believed they were intentionally set.

Angelina Miller, a junior, and editor in chief of the university newspaper, is distraught. :eek:

“Seeing things like this happen just really catches me off guard because our campus is such a safe community for all the students,” Miller said.

Police say they were initially delayed with their investigation, telling us nobody from Cabrini reported the fires.

“Radnor Township Fire Marshal received an email from a parent concerned about an occurrence that happened on the campus yesterday,” Deputy Police Chief Chris Flanagan said.

Police say nobody was hurt, and there was minimal damage. :rolleyes:

We’re told the fires were extinguished with water.

What’s interesting — investigators are now examining if there is a connection to racist graffiti written in this same Cabrini dorm earlier in the semester.

Sennia Vann went public in September about the hateful words left on her door.

The university community quickly reacted, condemning the racial slur.

But the police investigation has dragged along with no results. :rolleyes:

Officially, the case is stalled and investigators say they’re no longer looking for suspects due to a described lack of information.

Students, many now leaving for winter break, are desperate for answers about what’s happening on campus.

“I actually lived in East Residence Hall as a freshman, and it was a very safe environment for me,” Miller said. “I just think it’s very suspicious that everything is happening in the same building.” :rolleyes:

The university declined to answer specific questions or make anybody available for an interview.

They released this statement, “We are working with Radnor Police Department to investigate. As authorities conduct interviews and collect evidence, we have posted a Cabrini public safety officer in the residence hall as our students prepare for winter break.”

Police have conducted upwards of 20 interviews and expect the investigation to last throughout the weekend.