View Full Version : Home invasion turns deadly for elderly couple - (BLACK CRIMINALS INVOLVED)

The Bobster
10-11-2017, 06:09 PM

Home invasion turns deadly for elderly couple
By Tina Moore
October 11, 2017 | 6:52pm

A home invasion in Brooklyn turned deadly on Wednesday — with a 91-year-old man dying in front of his 100-year-old wife after being hog-tied by four goons, cops said.

The elderly couple had been sitting inside of their Bedford-Stuyvesant home when the crooks snuck into the residence and set upon them around 3:30 p.m., according to police.

The suspects targeted the woman first — creeping up behind her, throwing a blanket over her head and tying her up with a cord — before doing the same to her husband.

They then rummaged through the apartment and took an unknown amount of property before fleeing, cops said.

The centenarian somehow managed to free herself and call cops, but her husband was unable to do so. He was later taken to Interfaith Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

A source told The Post that police believe he died sometime during the crime. It’s unclear how, though.

The Bobster
10-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Elderly widow refuses to believe husband died in home invasion
By Kevin Sheehan, Tina Moore and Natalie Musumeci
October 12, 2017 | 1:44pm | Updated

Police at the scene of a deadly home invasion in Brooklyn. William C. Lopez

The 100-year-old woman whose husband died in front of her during a horrifying Brooklyn home invasion robbery Wednesday refuses to believe her other half is dead, a relative said Thursday.

“She has not accepted the fact that my father has passed even though many people have already told her this,” Delroy Thompson, 68, of Florida told The Post by phone Thursday about his heartbroken stepmother, Ethlin Thompson.

Delroy, the son of the deceased man, 91-year-old Waldiman Thompson, said Ethlin keeps asking: “Where is he? When can I see him? When can I talk to my husband?”

Ethlin, who is recovering with bruises to her lip at Kings County Hospital, was inside the couple’s Bedford-Stuyvesant brownstone at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday when two thugs sneaked in and hogtied the pair.

The crooks threw a blanket over Ethlin and tied her up with a cord before moving on to Waldiman, police said.

They rummaged through the home and fled.

Law enforcement sources say surveillance footage caught the two men leaving the Decatur Street home, with one wearing a backpack and another holding the lockbox where the couple kept money.

The suspects were also caught on surveillance footage from a nearby bodega.

Cops on Wednesday night questioned and released Ethlin’s 61-year-old great-nephew, who was at the home 30 minutes before the crime, but he still remains a person of interest, sources said.

“There was no forced entry and the only other person who had a key was him,” a high-ranking police source said. “Right now, there’s no reason to arrest him.”

Delroy said he asked detectives to “grill him to the ultimate.”

“It is very suspicious to me,” Delroy said. “I am suspicious because my stepmother would always lock the doors when anyone would leave the house.”

“I think when he departed, he left the door open,” Delroy said.

Police are waiting until Ethlin is released from the hospital to do a walk-through of the home with her, sources said.

The elderly couple owned the brownstone and collected rent from three tenants in the building. They apparently had about $5,000 in the house, a high-ranking police source said.

Following the invasion, Ethlin somehow freed herself and ran out of the home calling for help, witnesses said.

Her husband of 30 years died at some point during the crime, but it was not clear how, sources said.

Delroy noted that family members, including himself, were in town the day before the home invasion for a family reunion at his sister’s house in the Bronx.

He said he tried to persuade his father and stepmother to move closer to him in Tamarac, Florida.

“My father wanted to come to Florida, but my stepmother would not accept it,” Delroy said. “She said she knows nowhere better to live than [Brooklyn].”

He also added that Ethlin had mentioned that she had lost the key to her lockbox and was planning to call a locksmith.

Meanwhile, Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams announced Thursday that he’s putting up $1,000 for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the suspects.

“This godly and big-hearted couple suffered a truly godless and heartless attack that has struck a blow deep in the soul of Brooklyn. Their tragedy is a tragedy for us all,” Adams said in a statement.

The Bobster
10-17-2017, 08:08 PM

Cops offer reward for suspect in deadly Brooklyn home invasion
By Kevin Sheehan and Lia Eustachewich
October 17, 2017 | 3:52pm | Updated

The suspect

The NYPD released photos Tuesday of a man wanted in connection with a deadly home invasion of an elderly couple in Brooklyn last week.

Police want to question the man about the robbery of Waldiman and Ethlin Thompson at their Bedford-Stuyvesant brownstone.

He was wearing dark clothing and carrying a backpack and what appears to be a lockbox. :mad: His age is not known.

The terrifying ordeal unfolded last Wednesday around 3:30 p.m. at 160 Decatur St. Burglars tied up Ethlin, 100, and Waldiman, 91, with cords and threw a blanket over Ethlin’s head before rummaging through the home.

Ethlin Thompson freed herself and called for help. Cops later found her husband still bound and lying on the floor unresponsive. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Interfaith Hospital.

Waldiman’s son, Delroy Thompson, told The Post Tuesday that his stepmother — who was left with bruises in the attack — doesn’t recognize the man in the NYPD photos.

The married couple of 30 years owned the brownstone and collected rent from three tenants in the building. They had about $5,000 in the house at the time of the home invasion, a high-ranking police source previously said.

Delroy Thompson said last week that the elderly woman mentioned she’d lost the keys to her lockbox, where the couple kept money, and was planning on calling a locksmith.

Her husband’s wake will be Thursday at Hanson Place Seventh-day Adventist Church in Brooklyn, with a funeral the next day.

The NYPD is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call NYPD’s Crime Stoppers hot line at 1-800-577-TIPS.

“I really love and respect the Thompsons. They are like my grandparents,” said Denise Jackson, 26, a Thompson tenant. “I just hope justice will be served. I know they are going to be caught. It’s a matter of time.”

The Bobster
10-20-2017, 09:36 AM

Suspect arrested for home invasion that killed 91-year-old
By Stephanie Pagones and Danika Fears
October 20, 2017 | 11:33am | Updated

A suspect has been taken into police custody for the Brooklyn home invasion that left a 91-year-old man dead, sources said.

The suspect, who was caught on surveillance video, was picked up by police Friday morning and authorities are securing a search warrant for his house, according to sources.

Police are still searching for a second suspect involved in the deadly home invasion, which targeted an elderly couple living in a Bedford-Stuyvesant brownstone, sources said.

The crooks snuck inside Waldiman and Ethlin Thompson’s home around 3:30 p.m. and tied them up with a cord. Ethlin, 100, managed to free herself and call the cops, but Waldiman was found unresponsive and later pronounced dead at Interfaith Hospital.

A funeral was being held on Friday for Waldiman Thompson at Hanson Place Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Fort Greene.

10-21-2017, 06:57 AM

Man charged with murder in Brooklyn home invasion as 91-year-old victim laid to rest


Friday, October 20, 2017 11:22PM
Police have charged a man with murder in connection with a Brooklyn home invasion that left a 91-year-old man dead.

Dwayne Blackwood, 27, kept his head down and tried to ignore the questions as detectives led him out of the stationhouse Friday night.. He's facing charges of second degree murder and second degree assault.

The Bobster
10-23-2017, 07:50 PM

Elderly couple’s home aide arrested for deadly home invasion scheme
By Shawn Cohen
October 23, 2017 | 8:04pm | Updated

William C. Lopez

A second suspect was arrested on Monday in connection with the deadly home invasion in Brooklyn that left a 91-year-old man hog tied along with his 100-year-old wife, sources said.

Suzette Troutman, who was a home health aide for the elderly couple, was taken into custody and taken to the 81st Precinct station house in Bedford-Stuyvesant, according to police sources.

She was the second suspect arrested in connection with the crime.

Police believe Troutman hatched the robbery idea and served as the getaway driver for the crime, sources said.

Dwayne Blackwood, 27, was charged with murder last week in the killing of Waldiman Thompson during the Oct. 11 home invasion robbery.

10-30-2017, 01:26 PM
(Black) Brooklyn woman, 100, forgives (black) home invaders who killed (black) husband - criminal black female 'caregiver' arrested (http://www.***********.com/new-york/nyc-crime/home-invasion-vic-forgives-suspects-cops-grill-nephew-article-1.3558530)
http://www.newnation.org/Images/2017/DwayneBlackwood-and-SuzetteTroutman.jpghttp://www.newnation.org/Images/2017/Waldiman-and-EthlinThompson.jpgRelatives of a 100-year-old victim of a heartless Brooklyn home invasion that left her husband of 30 years dead said she has already forgiven the killers. Gutsy Ethlin Thompson returned to her Bedford-Stuyvesant brownstone Thursday night after a brief stay at Kings County Hospital — a day after four suspects targeted her and her 91-year-old husband Waldiman Thompson in a meticulously-planned home invasion. Despite her paralyzing grief and the trauma of being bound and robbed, Thompson leaned on her Christian faith and the support of family and friends. “She said that she forgives the people that did this,” said Thompson’s great niece, Dorene Hunter. “I kissed her hand. I told her I love her. I didn’t talk about the situation.” Housekeeper of elderly Brooklyn couple is charged with murder after man, 91, died of a heart attack when he and his 100-year-old wife (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5011147/Housekeeper-charged-murder-robbery-man-91.html) were tied up by robbers. The woman who took care of a 91-year-old man and his 100-year-old wife who were tied up during a home invasion was arrested for allegedly setting them up. Suzette Troutman, 45, was arrested on a second-degree murder charge and other charges connected to the burglary that resulted in the death of Waldiman Thompson in his family's Brooklyn, New York, home. Troutman - the second person arrested in connection to the robbery - was hired two years ago, helping Thompson and his wife Ethlin with shopping and other housekeeping chores. Home invasion victim lifts her voice to cope with husband's death
(http://www.***********.com/new-york/brooklyn/home-invasion-victim-lifts-voice-cope-husband-death-article-1.3585923)Ethlin Thompson has added the love of grandmothers to her sustaining faith as she learns to live as a widow. A group of women who have lost children and grandchildren to street violence helped console the 100-year-old Thompson with prayer and song Tuesday — a day after cops busted the suspected mastermind accused of organizing a cruel home invasion that took Waldiman Thompson’s life. Surrounded by police and members of the group Grandmother’s LOV — Love Over Violence — Thompson raised her voice to the heavens outside her Bedford-Stuyvesant home as everyone joined in the gospel song, “When We All Get to Heaven.” HOME INVASION Man charged with murder in Brooklyn home invasion as 91-year-old victim laid to rest (http://abc7ny.com/man-charged-in-home-invasion-as-victim-laid-to-rest/2552543/)