View Full Version : 2 WM's killed execution-style at mortgage office in Staten Island by negro - charged

The Bobster
01-24-2017, 08:11 PM

Two killed execution-style at mortgage office in Staten Island
By Larry Celona and Jazmin Rosa
January 24, 2017 | 8:48pm

Two males were shot dead execution-style at a mortgage business on Staten Island Tuesday night, law enforcement sources said.

The men were blasted in the back of the head at the office in the Midland Beach section of the borough at around 6:30 p.m., according to police.

They both died at the scene. One male :mad: was seen leaving the establishment after the killings and is still at large.

The circumstances of the shooting were still under investigation.

The Bobster
01-25-2017, 06:18 PM

Cops make arrest in execution of two loan company employees
By Selim Algar, Tina Moore and Bruce Golding
January 25, 2017 | 1:39pm | Updated

A recently released ex-con is the prime suspect in the killings of his former boss and another worker at a Staten Island loan company, and was taken into custody Thursday for violating his supervised release from federal prison, sources told The Post.

Ricky Dennis, 32, was nabbed in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn around noon, about 18 hours after the slayings at the offices of Universal Merchant Funding, law-enforcement sources said.

Cops found company owner Michael Genovese, 57, slumped in his desk chair, and employee Carl Clark, 52, was sprawled on the floor nearby, sources said.

Dennis had walked into the business wearing a mask and holding an open umbrella to shield himself from a surveillance camera, then confronted both victims in a back room, along with a third worker who ran out, an NYPD official said.

Dennis shot Genovese three times in the head, then turned and shot Clark three times. A small dog was in the office and barking throughout the killings.

Video shows Dennis leaving, with the umbrella again shielding him, but then he inexplicably returned without the umbrella and mask and his face was caught on video, the official said.

Dennis was angry over having been fired in October and believed he was owed money, sources said.

The company, which isn’t licensed by the state, offered loans of up to $500,000 to small- and medium-sized businesses, according its Web site.

Dennis was questioned at the 69th Precinct but wasn’t charged in the shootings. He’s expected in Brooklyn federal court Thursday afternoon, a source said.

Prison records show Dennis was sprung from prison in September after serving a 12-year sentence for the May 13, 2005, armed hold-up of a gun store in Tannersville, Penn.

Dennis and another robbery accomplice severely beat the owner with the butt of an AK-47 assault rifle before making off with 62 guns that they and an accomplice divvied up and sold in Pennsylvania and New York City, according to the feds.

Genovese shared his last name with one of the Mafia’s infamous “five families,” but NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said: “Right now, there are no O.C. [organized crime] connections at all to this male” suspect.

On Wednesday night, Genovese’s wife, Ann, said she was “with my children right now and we’re grieving.”

But workers at a luxury apartment building in Edgewater, N.J., told The Record newspaper that Genovese had moved in there about eight months ago with a woman named Nancy Cucuzza and two dogs, Sunny and Lucca.

Cucuzza declined to comment when reached by phone.

In 2012, The Post exclusively revealed that Clark was a whistleblower who alerted the Securities and Exchange Commission to an alleged scheme in which Georgeson Inc., where he worked at the time, was illegally buying confidential, corporate voting data.

Georgeson fired Clark. In July, five company execs were hit with bribery charges in Massachusetts. Clark told The Post that a Ford Taurus, driven by a man who looked “like a retired cop,” had been parked in front of his Staten Island home every day for a year.

“I’m sure I’m a target at this point, as what I have to say would be critical of the SEC….Georgeson, and everyone else involved,” he said at the time.

01-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Videos show NYC double-murder suspect coming and going http://nydn.us/2jv915g

Ricky Dennis, the main suspect in a double murder at a Staten Island loan business that occurred on Tuesday. (Facebook)



Michael Genovese
This photo of Michael Genovese, the victim in a double-homicide in Dongan Hills, was posted on the LinkedIn page for his business, Universal Merchant Funding. Police said he was one of two men shot in the back of their heads in a rear office at his business on Buel Avenue in Dongan Hills. (LinkedIn)

Carl Clark
The 52-year-old man who was killed Tuesday night in a double homicide in Dongan Hills has been identified by sources as Carl Clark. (Facebook)

The Bobster
02-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Ex-con charged with double murder of loan company workers
By Larry Celona and David K. Li
February 22, 2017 | 2:32pm

Ricky Dennis
Dennis A. Clark

An ex-con from Brooklyn was charged with murder on Wednesday, for a double-slaying on Staten Island last month, officials said.

Ricky Dennis, 32, was arraigned and ordered held without bail for the Jan. 24 killings of Michael Genovese, 57, and Carl Clark, 52, in the Dongan Hills neighborhood of the island.

Dennis was also charged with gun possession.

The victims were shot in the back of the head at Universal Merchant Funding, a loan business at 124 Buel Ave. that Genovese owned and where Dennis used to work, officials said.

“The defendant in this case is charged with savagely gunning down two people in cold blood,” Staten Island DA Michael McMahon said.

“My prosecutors and I will work tirelessly to ensure justice for both the victims of this heinous crime and their loved ones and keep Staten Islanders safe.”

Dennis‘ car matched the description of one at coming and leaving the murder scene, law enforcement sources said. And his wheels were recorded coming over and going back at the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge a little before and after the slayings, sources said.

Dennis had been released from federal custody in September for a 2005 gun store robbery in Pennsylvania.

After leaving court in Staten Island on Wednesday, he was turned over to feds who are holding him on an unrelated parole violation.