PDA

View Full Version : Caught on Cam: Armed Store Owner Scares Off Armed Bootlipped Robber

The Bobster
09-22-2016, 05:42 AM
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Caught-on-Cam-Armed-Store-Owner-Armed-Robber-West-Philadelphia--394370561.html

Caught on Cam: Armed Store Owner Scares Off Armed Robber
By David Chang
Published at 12:32 AM EDT on Sep 22, 2016

http://media.nbcphiladelphia.com/images/Armed-Robber-West-Philadelp.jpg

Police say the unidentified suspect first entered the K&S Super Store on 5237 Market Street at 7:30 a.m. Monday and pointed a gun at a 63-year-old employee inside. The employee gave the suspect cash and two packs of cigarettes. The suspect then fled from the store, investigators said.

Less than ten minutes later the suspect entered the Walnut Block Grocery store on 5400 Walnut Street. He then allegedly approached the owner, 29-year-old Jehan Carlos Garcia, pointed his gun at him and said, “Give me everything or I’m shooting.” Little did the suspect know, Garcia was armed as well.

“I got a license to carry too,” Garcia said.

Garcia, who has a valid concealed weapons permit, pulled out his own gun and told the suspect to get out of his store. Surveillance video shows the suspect running away and fleeing the scene as Garcia chases after him. Garcia told NBC10 he didn’t shoot at the robber because he actually did what he told him to do: leave.

“It’s not worth it for him to risk his life like that especially if you’re going to come in a business like this,” he said.

Police praised Garcia’s actions.

“Who knows how many more he could have continued on but fortunately we had a gun owner who is clearly responsible and did the right thing,” said Philadelphia Police Lieutenant John Walker.

Garcia told NBC10 he believes it’s important to stand up to criminals.

“My message to him is not to come in here again because I won’t hesitate,” Garcia said. “Not for a second.”

The suspect is described as a 25-year-old man with a beard :mad: wearing a blue Aeropostale hooded sweatshirt with a “9” on the left sleeve and blue jeans. :mad: If you have any information on the suspect’s identity, please call Philadelphia Police.