PDA

View Full Version : Dearborn police say (black) accused serial rapist could be suspect in 35 cases


voiceofreason
09-09-2016, 01:45 PM
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2016/09/09/accused-rapist-charged/90125252/

Accused serial rapist charged and arraigned
4:28 p.m. EDT September 9, 2016

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/524da1999d7c133e40cfa7a01aa094f327373cfb/c=0-97-480-458&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/09/09/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/636090322389445712-MUGSHOT-IKEIE-SMITH-5-2-84.JPG

A man suspected in sexual assaults and home invasions throughout metro Detroit has been charged in connection with a rape.

Ikeie Ranordo Smith, 32, of Redford Township was arraigned in district court in Garden City today and is being held without bond, a news release from the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said.

He faces three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and one count of each second-degree criminal sexual conduct and first-degree home invasion, prosecutors said in the release.

"No information regarding other potential cases that are currently being investigated or reviewed is being released at this time to prevent any such cases from being compromised," Wayne County Prosecutor's Office spokeswoman Maria Miller said in an email. "Updates will be sent out on Monday."

voiceofreason
09-12-2016, 10:28 AM
http://www.wxyz.com/news/dearborn-police-to-hold-news-conference-about-arrest-of-accused-serial-rapist

Dearborn police say accused serial rapist could be suspect in 35 cases
5:39 AM, Sep 12, 2016

DEARBORN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Dearborn Police Chief Ron Haddad held a press conference on Monday afternoon about the arrest of an accused serial rapist.

According to Haddad, there are 35 cases in the region that police believe the accused rapist is responsible for. Dearborn police took him into custody last week.

Channel 7 was the only camera crew in court last week as Ikeie Smith faced a judge in Garden City for the first of many arraignments expected across metro Detroit.

He is facing charges for home invasions and sexual assaults dating back to 2011.

It all started in July 2015 when Dearborn police detectives observed a pattern to home invasions near the Dearborn and Allen Park border than involved some sort of sexual assault.

In November 2015, a multi-jurisdictional serial home invasion and criminal sexual conduct task force was created. It involved Dearborn police, Michigan State Police, the FBI, Dearborn Heights police and many other agencies.

The task force reviewed hundreds of reports from multiple agencies in southeast Michigan, and determined that more than 30 cases were related. They vetted numerous suspects, cleared all prior suspects, and developed the suspect's modus operandi.

In August 2016, Livonia police got surveillance video of a suspicious person walking through a resident's yard, and the task force determined that person might be the suspect.

A month later, they received an anonymous tip via Crime Stoppers and investigated it. On Sept. 7, the suspect was taken into custody, where he admitted responsibility for several of the cases in different cities.

Police tell us he broke into homes and attacked women inside.

In at least one case, a woman was assaulted at knife point while her husband and kids slept in nearby bedrooms.

Police tell us they have DNA evidence connecting him to at least seven cases.