View Full Version : Negro raped 2 girls (age 9 and 14); gibs Chlamydia

09-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Metairie man, accused of raping two girls, to remain jailed under $2 million bond


updated September 05, 2014 at 3:56 PM

A Metairie man accused of raping two girls will remain jailed in lieu of a $2 million bond. A magistrate commissioner ruled Friday that authorities have sufficient evidence to continue holding Marcus L. Harris in the Jefferson Parish jail in Gretna on two counts of aggravated rape.

Harris, 38, is accused of sexually abusing a 9-year-old girl, who later tested positive for chlamyida, and a 14-year-old girl. The girls, with whom he is acquainted, accused him in March 2010 of raping them in his Metairie home. Harris denies it,:rolleyes: according to testimony during a preliminary examination Friday.

09-10-2016, 11:03 AM

Metairie man, 40, convicted in rape of 14-year-old girl


updated September 10, 2016 at 10:37 AM

A 40-year-old Metairie man faces up to 40 years in prison after a Jefferson Parish jury found him guilty Friday (Sept.9) of raping a 14-year-old girl, Jefferson Parish District Attorney Paul Connick, Jr.'s office reports. Prosecutors said Marcus Harris assaulted the girl in her bedroom in 2010.

Authorities had said that the two were acquainted, and that the victim was in his care, but didn't elaborate on the relationship. The girl reported the assault to school officials the next day, which led to an investigation.

The victim, now 21, testified during the trial that Harris entered her bedroom as she was going to sleep, and "tickled her before raping her," according to a news release from the district attorney's office.

Investigators said evidence of Harris' semen was found on the girl's body and her bed linens, which was later confirmed by DNA testing.

Harris is scheduled for sentencing on Sept. 26 before 24th Judicial Court Judge Ellen Kovach. Forcible rape carries a sentence of five to 40 years in prison.

Harris was initially accused of molesting a 9-year-old girl as well, but those charges were later dropped after authorities said she wouldn't talk about the allegations.