PDA

View Full Version : Two White Brits Go To Florida, Get Shot To Death By North American Pavement Ape - resentenced LIFE

Nigtarded
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Britons shot dead in Florida may have been ambushed, police believe

The two British tourists shot dead in Florida may have been lured into an ambush after being driven to a crime plagued area, police believe.
By Paul Thompson, in Sarasota, Florida 7:18PM BST 18 Apr 2011

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01875/florida2_1875725c.jpg
Shawn Tyson was arrested for the murder of James Kouzaris and James Cooper Photo: AP/SWNS

Detectives believe James Cooper, 25, and James Kouzaris, 24, were attempting to flee when they were shot multiple times and left to die in a run down housing project known for drug dealing and gang activity.

One theory being investigated is that they accepted a lift back to their rented condominium in the fashionable tourist resort of Longboat Key after spending the night bar hopping.

But instead, they were driven to the low income housing project where they were ambushed by at least one armed teenager.

Police sources said both men had been running away when they were gunned down. Their bodies were found 50 feet apart.

They were still in possession of cash, and police did not find any evidence to suggest they had been wanting to buy drugs.

Local residents living near the crime scene said they had been told the two former University of Sheffield students were ambushed by masked men who attempted to rob them.

Sonja Seymour, 31, who lives on the street, said:” I heard that when they arrived here there were already some people waiting for them. They were wearing masks.

“The men ran away and they were shot. I saw one of them lying in the street on his back with his arms outstretched. The other was across the road and lying in his back.

“They were not moving. The ambulance arrived and tried to work on the two men, but they could not do anything. They were covered up and taken away and the police put up all yellow tape.”

A police source said: ”It is entirely plausible that they were taken to this location where they were confronted by at least one individual. We are still trying to determine why they would want to be in this area at that time of night. We know they did not have their own transport so they were brought to this location. Someone could have called ahead and people were waiting for them

"It was late at night and the would not have known what this area was like."

The bodies of Cooper and Kouzaris were found in an area known as Newtown in the north of Sarasota.

A 16-year-old boy has been charged with the double murder.

Police sources revealed he had been arrested for a violent gun offence just over two weeks ago when shots were fired in an attempted robbery.

The teenager was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon but released by a court while police carried out further inquiries.

As it was his first offence the boy, who has just turned 16, was released but police said they had been planning to pursue the case.

The alleged killer’s name has not been released but he lives with his mother in the housing project block where both men were killed.

Police said he will be charged as an adult which could lead to the death penalty if convicted of first degree murder.

The parents of Mr Cooper, a former child tennis star, were said by a family friend to be “too distraught” to speak about their only son’s death.

Speaking outside the rented condominium building a family friend said: ”They are both hysterical and are still just coming to terms with what has happened.

“It is like a very bad film, a complete nightmare.”

The family friend, who declined to be named, said Mr Cooper’s parents had become concerned when the pair failed to return home on Friday night.

“They were ringing their mobile phones and sending text messages and getting no reply. Then the police turned up,” said the friend.

The family friend said he had no idea why the pair would have travelled to an area not usually frequented by tourists.

Police have said the pair were drinking in downtown Sarasota on Friday night but have yet to discover why they ended up in Newtown.

They are working on a theory that they were driven there as no hire car was found at the murder scene.

Police spokesman Captain Paul Sutton said: ” We have still to establish why the men were there. It would be wrong to say they were buying drugs as no drug paraphernalia was found on them.

“This is not an area that you would expect tourists from England to venture into. This is a low income area which has had it problems with crime.”

Sarasota Police Chief Michael Holloway said a team of detectives were working on the case.

Speaking at a press conference he said: ”We have a 16 year-old in custody for the double homicide and we are hoping more facts will be forthcoming.

“This was a tragic, isolated incident.”

Sarasota Mayor Kelly Kirschner said he expressed his sympathy to the families of the two victims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8459405/Britons-shot-dead-in-Florida-may-have-been-ambushed-police-believe.html

vorlos
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8459813/Britons-shot-in-Florida-killed-as-part-of-gang-initiation.html

Two British friends shot dead on a crime-ridden American housing estate were ambushed and murdered, possibly as part of a gang initiation.

James Cooper, 25, and James Kouzaris, 24, were in Florida when they were killed at 3am in a gangland area rarely visited by tourists.

They apparently accepted a lift from someone they met in a bar, thinking they were being driven home

A 16 year-old, named locally as Shawn Tyson , was charged with their murder. It emerged yesterday that he was freed by a judge last week despite being arrested over an armed robbery.

The bodies of Mr Cooper, a tennis coach who once played Andy Murray, and Mr Kouzaris were found riddled with bullets on a one-way street in the estate, known for drug dealing and gang activity. Police are investigating the theory that the pair spent the night bar hopping in Sarasota.

Officers suspect they believed they were being driven the 12 miles to the resort of Longboat Key.

Instead, they were taken to Newtown, Sarasota, where they were confronted by a gang of masked men.

Police sources said both men were running away when they were shot. Their bodies were found 50ft apart. They still had money on them and police found no evidence to suggest they had been wanting to buy drugs.

Sarasota police chief Mikel Hollaway said detectives had their suspicions but it would be unfair to state them. He said he believed the victims were there of their own volition.

Captain Paul Sutton said police were looking at the possibility of more arrests. He said: “More than one person ran when shots were fired.”

A police source said the two friends did not have their own transport, “so they were brought to this location”. He said: “Someone could have called ahead and people were waiting for them.” Sonja Seymour, 31, of Newtown, said: “I heard that when they arrived here there were already some people waiting for them. They were wearing masks. The men ran away and they were shot. I saw one of them lying in the street on his back.”

Police said the 16-year-old boy, charged with double murder, was believed to live with his mother in the housing estate.

He had been charged with aggravated assault after shots were fired in an attempted robbery two weeks ago.

However, he was released while police carried out further inquiries.

Police said he would now be charged as an adult which could lead to the death penalty.

The pair met at Sheffield University and became firm friends. Mr Cooper, who graduated in economics and business management, had gone to stay with his parents, Stan and Sandra, at Longboat Key in a £300 a week apartment.

Mr Kouzaris, a keen runner, cyclist and rugby player, had spent several months travelling around South America.

Mr Walton said his grandson was excited about the holiday. “The boys went out in Florida on Friday evening as young men do — but they didn’t come back. As it was late his mother rang his mobile and got no answer. She carried on ringing. Eventually a policeman answered it.

“They came to get Sandra and his dad and took them down to the police station, and only then did they tell them that the boys had been shot and killed. Sandra is shattered, as are we.”

Gina Cross, 31, of Florida, said she was hoping to see Mr Cooper the day he died. She first met the pair when they visited Florida in April 2009. They met for drinks last Thursday night and were to see each other on Saturday. She said: “They were so excited to come here. James said to me: 'I’m so looking forward to seeing you.’ Then all of a sudden, one moment in time can change everything.

“I’m heartbroken, I’ve spent all week telling my friends what a great guy James is. It was the start of something special.”

James Roe, head coach at Kenilworth Tennis, Squash and Croquet Club, where Mr Cooper, an only child, had been a member most of his life, said: “He was an excellent tennis player as a teenager and became my doubles partner.

“He was an outstanding coach. There wasn’t much work over Easter so he took some time off.”

Mr Cooper, a season ticket holder at Coventry City, lived with his parents in a gated barn conversion in Hampton Lucy, near Warwick.

Mr Kouzaris also lived with his parents, Hazel, and Peter, both 52, in Northampton. He has a sister, Emily, 20. They described him as a “wonderful son”.

His aunt, Carole Kouzaris, of Syston, Leics, said: “It’s absolutely horrific.

“James was a lovely lad, popular, good-looking and adventurous.”

Davy of old England
04-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Florida shooting: Boy faces UK tourists murder charge (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13133791)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52264000/jpg/_52264032__52236187_tyson,shawn-1.jpg
Shawn 'Banjo Lip' Tyson

Prosecutors in the US have said they intend to charge a 16-year-old boy with the murders of two British tourists who were shot dead in Florida.

The bodies of university friends James Kouzaris, 24, from Northampton, and James Cooper, 25, of Warwick, were found in Sarasota early on Saturday. Both men had been shot several times, the BBC understands.

Prosecutors said Shawn Tyson would be charged as an adult, meaning he could face the death penalty if found guilty. Police investigating the murders have released photos that Mr Kouzaris and Mr Cooper took of themselves while out drinking on the night they were killed.
CCTV images

CCTV images taken of the men in a bar have also been released by detectives who want to speak to witnesses who may know more about the victims' movements. James Kouzaris and James Cooper Mr Kouzaris and his university friend Mr Cooper took photos of themselves on the night they were killed

Detectives believe the pair may have been given a lift to the Newtown area of Sarasota by someone they had befriended, or they may have walked there, or hired a cab which police had not yet traced.

They had been staying about 12 miles away on the island city of Longboat Key with Mr Cooper's parents, Sandra and Stanley, who have now returned to the UK to their home in Hampton Lucy, Warwickshire.

No murder weapon has yet been found but both men, ex-Sheffield University students, were shot a number of times, the BBC understands. BBC Washington reporter Steve Kingstone said, contrary to some reports, no bullet casings were found at the scene.

Mr Kouzaris and Mr Cooper were found lying about 50ft apart near a housing estate.
CCTV image showing James Kouzaris and James Cooper in a bar in Sarasota Police have released CCTV images of the two men in a bar in Sarasota

The two Britons were not carrying drugs and there is no evidence they were drug users, police said. Sarasota Police Captain Paul Sutton said: "It is very unusual to find tourists or visitors in this area. It is a residential neighbourhood with no shops and no bars. We do not know what brought them here at 3am."

Sarasota Police said the murder suspect had previously been arrested for allegedly firing shots into a car on 7 April. Officers said there was no known link between the holidaymakers and the boy.

Under US legal procedures he has not been formally charged. The evidence is expected to be heard by a grand jury on 3 May.

Earl Turner
04-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Two White British Tourists Murdered In Florida Niggerhood

5IqVzDRDYnY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqVzDRDYnY

Smedley Butler
04-21-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsooxIqHtes&feature=channel_video_title

Travel Advisory.

Nigtarded
05-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Fla. Teen Indicted In Slayings Of British Tourists
POSTED: Wednesday, May 4, 2011
UPDATED: 7:14 am EDT May 4, 2011

SARASOTA, Fla. -- A 16-year-old southwest Florida boy accused of gunning down two British tourists last month has been indicted for first-degree murder, but police and prosecutors are keeping the evidence against him secret for now.

A grand jury indicted Shawn Tyson on two adult counts of murder Tuesday, and a judge sealed a court document detailing the evidence against him. Authorities say witnesses could be in danger and the investigation damaged if the information is made public.

The document is scheduled to remain sealed until around the middle of May, but the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported that detectives will seek to keep it sealed past that time.

James Kouzaris and James Cooper were fatally shot April 16 in a high-crime Sarasota neighborhood. Tyson was arrested the next day.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27770190/detail.html

Expose Them All
07-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Sarasota police: Shawn Tyson bragged about British tourist murders (http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_sarasota_manatee/sarasota/sarasota-police%3A-shawn-tyson-bragged-about-british-tourist-murders)

Authorities say the teen accused of fatally shooting two British tourists in Sarasota in April bragged to friends about the crime.

That's according to records released Tuesday by police. Friends of 16-year-old Shawn Tyson told investigators that he found the men stumbling drunk through his housing project and shot them when they didn't have money.

http://media2.abcactionnews.com//photo/2011/07/27/Police_Suspect_braggedafeae515-2fc1-4947-a421-0dd94a0b94210000_20110727232434_320_240.JPG

http://media2.abcactionnews.com//photo/2011/07/27/A10_20110727080109_320_240.JPG

-88-
03-20-2012, 01:39 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01474/SNN2007TOP---_1474104a.jpg
Bored ... Shawn Tyson in court

Lad of 17 on trial for Brits' murders (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4205971/Shawn-Tyson-17-on-trial-for-murder-of-holiday-Brits-James-Cooper-and-James-Kouzaris-in-Florida.html)

A TEEN accused of shooting dead two British tourists in Florida appeared in court yesterday for the start of his trial — on his 17th birthday.

Shawn Tyson fidgeted and looked bored as he sat waiting for a jury to be selected.

He is accused of murdering pals James Cooper, 25, and James Kouzaris, 24, during a botched robbery last April.

The Brits, who met as Sheffield University students, died of multiple gunshot wounds after they wandered on to a crime-plagued estate in Sarasota on a night out. They were allegedly ambushed by Tyson and shot in the back as they tried to flee.

Tyson, who faces life without parole if convicted, nodded at five pals in the public gallery but did not speak.

His trial is the most high profile ever in Sarasota, a resort popular with British tourists.

Judge Rick DeFuria is a former actor who was in Harrison Ford's courtroom drama Presumed Innocent. He became a judge in 2002.

The victims' parents were not in court for the start of the trial, which is expected to last more than a week.

Unregistered
03-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Continual stream of racial slurs recorded in a conversation between the gun-nigger and his brother.

Will this be re-classified as a hate crime?

Found thanks to Newsnet:

original link, as supplied above.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2118785/Shawn-Tyson-said-murdered-James-Cooper-James-Kouzaris-Sarasota-Florida.html

Here is Tyson's recorded telephone conversation with his half brother, who has not been named, from Sarasota County Jail:

Tyson: 'What's up, bro?'

Brother: 'What's up, lil' man?'

Tyson: 'S***.'

Brother: 'What them crackers talkin' about?'

Tyson: 'S***. I don't even know right now. I don't know why they talkin' about.'

Brother: 'Yeah, I don't know what them crackers talkin' about. S***, like. You was in the house, like.'

Tyson: 'I know... that's what I keep on... these crackers talkin' about that somebody say they seen me out there or some s***.'

Brother: 'Them crackers trippin', man.'

Tyson: 'Hell yeah.'

Brother: 'S***, you're chate, through. You know what I'm sayin' like? You ain't got no guns or nothin'. Like f*** them crackers talkin' about.'

Tyson: 'Only thing is, they found the bullets, though.'

Brother: 'Huh?'

Tyson: 'They found the bullets.'

Brother: 'Oh. Damn!'

Tyson: 'That's the only thing that's gonna f*** me up.'

Ranger
03-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Tyson: 'What's up, bro?'

Brother: 'What's up, lil' man?'

Tyson: 'S***.'

Brother: 'What them crackers talkin' about?'

Tyson: 'S***. I don't even know right now. I don't know why they talkin' about.'

Brother: 'Yeah, I don't know what them crackers talkin' about. S***, like. You was in the house, like.'

Tyson: 'I know... that's what I keep on... these crackers talkin' about that somebody say they seen me out there or some s***.'

Brother: 'Them crackers trippin', man.'

Tyson: 'Hell yeah.'

Brother: 'S***, you're chate, through. You know what I'm sayin' like? You ain't got no guns or nothin'. Like f*** them crackers talkin' about.'

Tyson: 'Only thing is, they found the bullets, though.'

Brother: 'Huh?'

Tyson: 'They found the bullets.'

Brother: 'Oh. Damn!'

Tyson: 'That's the only thing that's gonna f*** me up.'

I know this is English but heck, you almost need a translator for this!

"Truth is NOT racism"-Glenn Beck

"The presence of the negro is the real problem"-President Theodore Roosevelt

"Reading NNN could save your life"-Ranger

Gman
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
It's off to nigger heaven for this here evil jigaboo! Of course this savage negro should have been :censor: immediately after being captured!!@#@#@#@!!

(http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/justice/florida-tourists-murder-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t3)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120328104338-shawn-tyson-mug-story-body.jpg "Muddafukka! Ize hopes dey gots a good weight room in dat prison, noamsaying?"

Florida teen convicted in British tourists' deaths
(CNN) -- In a case that drew heavy media attention overseas, a Sarasota, Florida, jury Wednesday convicted a teen in last year's killings of two British tourists.

Shawn Tyson, 17, received two mandatory and consecutive life sentences after being convicted of two counts of first-degree murder, said Dennis Menendez, chief information officer for the 12th Judicial Circuit.

Tyson was tried in the April 2011 shooting deaths of James M. Cooper, 25, of Warwick, and James Thomas Kouzaris, 24, of Northampton. The jury deliberated for about two hours.

The defendant showed no emotion when the verdict was read.(niggers are soulless savage beasts with no human conscience so don't expect emotion from them, or remorse!!)

Witnesses testified the pair had spent an evening drinking when they got lost and walked into the Newtown housing project in north Sarasota, CNN affiliate WWSB reported. Tyson planned to rob the men, who begged him to let them go, according to witnesses.

The bodies were found with wallets and money, WWSB said.

The defense argued prosecution witnesses who implicated Tyson either were not credible or made deals, according to WWSB.

The teen, who was tried as an adult, was not eligible for the death penalty because of his age,:guns: Menendez told CNN.

The teen suspect lived near the crime scene, a police report said, and he had been arrested earlier in April on a charge of aggravated assault with a handgun.

The victims were believed to be friends who recently graduated from college and were in Sarasota to celebrate.

British media covering the trial included Press Association, BBC and Sky News, according to Menendez.

Friends of Cooper and Kouzaris spoke before the sentencing, and their families broadcast videos about the victims.

voiceofreason
03-29-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9173820/Parents-of-murdered-British-students-criticise-Barack-Obama.html

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama
The parents of two British students murdered in Florida have criticised President Barack Obama for his lack of compassion over their son's deaths.

By Paul Thompson in Sarasota

3:00PM BST 29 Mar 2012

His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.

They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April.

The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

His conviction of first degree murder carries an mandatory life sentence without the chance of parole.

The powerfully built teen even looked bored as emotional DVD presentations about the dead men prepared by their grieving parents were shown in court.

Tyson, who has the word 'Savage' tattooed across his chest didn't show a flicker of emotion, slumping in his seat as he was forced to watch a montage of photos showing the victims from early childhood to young men.

Two close friends of the dead men who had attended the eight day trial in Sarasota, Florida. had also delivered highly emotional impact statements to the court prior to the sentencing.

Paul Davies and Joe Hallett spoke of the "living hell" they and others who knew the men had suffered since the murders.

During the eight day trial they had been shown graphic crime scene and autopsy photos shown in court.

Later speaking after Tyson was jailed Davies and Hallett lashed out at Mr Obama saying the deaths of their friends was "not worthy of ten minutes of his time."

Davies said:"We would like to publicly express our dissatisfaction at the lack of any public or private message of support or condolence from any American governing body or indeed, President Obama himself.

"Mr Kouzaris has written to President Obama on three separate occasions and is yet to even receive the courtesy of a reply.

"It would perhaps appear that Mr Obama sees no political value in facilitating such a request or that the lives of two British tourists are not worthy of ten minutes of his time."

The rebuke follows Mr Obama's personal intervention into the shooting in Florida of a young black teenager by a white neighbourhood watch captain.

The death of 17 year old Trayvon Martin has sparked nationwide protests with his supporters claiming he was victim of a racist attack.

Mr Obama entered the controversy last week by saying if he had a son he would have looked like Martin.

The alleged assailant in Martin's death has not been charged with any crime having claimed he was attacked first and used Florida's 'stand your ground' law to shoot in self defence.

The criticism of the US President was made on behalf of the Cooper's parents Stanley and Sandy, from Warwicks, and Peter and Hazel Kouzaris, from Northampton by Davies in a statement read outside the courtroom.

The parents of the two victims did not attend the trial but they had access to the proceedings from a live video feed.

The filmed interview of the Kouzaris's was played to the court while a message from Sandy Cooper was read out by the prosecutor.

The victims close friends delivered an emotional impact statement with Hallett telling Tyson he hoped he would be haunted by his actions.

He told him: "Imagine them being killed. Now try to imagine that they died because someone creept up on them and shot them numerous times for no good reason. Welcome to our world. Every night you go to sleep, every morning you wake up, I want you to think of my friends who you murdered. Their images will be imprinted on your conscience up until your very last breath in life."

voiceofreason
09-28-2014, 04:25 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-29363700

25 September 2014 Last updated at 07:47 ET

Shawn Tyson life sentence thrown out in Florida tourist murder case

An American teen sentenced to life without parole for the murder of two British tourists has had his sentence overturned.

Shawn Tyson was found guilty of killing friends James Cooper, 25, and James Kouzaris, 24, in Sarasota, Florida, on 16 April 2011.

An appeal court upheld his conviction but his sentence was thrown out because he was 16 when the crime was committed.

The case was remanded to a lower court for a new sentencing hearing.

voiceofreason
06-11-2016, 03:37 PM
http://www.theledger.com/article/20160608/NEWS/160609461/1374?Title=Tyson-resentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-killing-2-British-tourists

Tyson resentenced to life in prison for killing 2 British tourists
Killer of two men will never be free, judge says

http://g52-llweb.newscyclecloud.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=LL&Date=20160608&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=160609461&Ref=AR&Profile=1374&imageVersion=Main&MaxW=445&border=0

Last Modified: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 11:21 p.m.

SARASOTA — Convicted double-murderer Shawn Tyson will spend the rest of his life behind bars for the 2011 killings of two British tourists.

Circuit Judge Charles E. Roberts resentenced Tyson to two consecutive life terms in prison for murdering James Kouzaris, 24, and James Cooper, 25.

There is no parole.